PDA

View Full Version : MLB TV Problems-- Please Help!!

clarkent
04-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry to bug everyone, but I am traveling on business in Europe and subscribed to MLB-TV so I could watch the Sox while away. But when I try to check in it says I am blacked out because of my home zip code. I tried to call and was on the phone forever with no success. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!!

patbooyah
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
my only advice would be to call. usually you can give them a local number and they will call you on that number to ensure that you are out of town/not in blackout area. usually they are pretty decent at customer service, so i would only advise that you call back and explain again what is happening.

brewcrew/chisox
04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
If you paid for your MLBtv with a credit card, it goes by the zip code of your billing address. If your billing address is in Chicago, than no Sox or Cubs for you. That's their policy. The only thing you can do is pay your account with a credit card that has an out of state billing address

patbooyah
04-23-2006, 01:22 PM
yeah, but even on their commercials DJ says, do you want to see the sox while you travel? in my experience they have gone by the location of the IP address. i would bet that they are confused by something over in the UK?

EDIT: and my first year of MLB.tv was a gift from my parents who used a visa # 5236 2353 6324 6326 exp. 11/09 with a billing zip code of 60523 and i was able to enjoy sox games in california all year long.

kjhanson
04-23-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah, but even on their commercials DJ says, do you want to see the sox while you travel? in my experience they have gone by the location of the IP address. i would bet that they are confused by something over in the UK?

Yes, it does go by IP address. There is an easy way to "mask" your IP address (although it can be potentially dangerous), and watch White Sox games even from Chicago. When I worked in Elgin two summers ago, I used to sit in my office and watch the Thursday afternoon Sox games on my computer.

MLB.TV will track your IP address to a certain location, and then will retrieve the local television listings for that area. Any games that are scheduled to be on TV will automatically be blacked out.