PDA

View Full Version : Best in MLB

Fuller_Schettman
04-22-2006, 02:08 AM
With the Mets and BoTox both losing, the Sox are now tied for Best Record in MLB. Last year, we waited all the way until April 22 before achieving this distinction.

Lay 'em down and Smack 'em, Jack 'em!

hawkjt
04-22-2006, 02:15 AM
uh, last year we lead all of baseball wire to wire til sept.

we were the first to 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80, wins at least.

But who cares- we are rolling. But those indians are going hang around.

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 02:16 AM
uh, last year we lead all of baseball wire to wire til sept.

we were the first to 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80, wins at least.

But who cares- we are rolling. But those indians are going hang around.

Wrong.... we weren't the first to 10... Cardinals or someone else had that distinction..... we led the AL all season

TheOldRoman
04-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Wrong.... we weren't the first to 10... Cardinals or someone else had that distinction..... we led the AL all season
Dodgers

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Thats right. Thanks!

QCIASOXFAN
04-22-2006, 02:28 AM
I maybe getting ahead of myself alot, but I am not scared of the Mets or Botox right now. I think the Sox could handle either one of these squads right now. Again I am way ahead of myself, but I just think our pitching equals, or is better than both those teams ( and I don't care about Schilling, I have seen him get ruffed up lots of times).

IlliniSox4Life
04-22-2006, 02:33 AM
I maybe getting ahead of myself alot, but I am not scared of the Mets or Botox right now. I think the Sox could handle either one of these squads right now. Again I am way ahead of myself, but I just think our pitching equals, or is better than both those teams ( and I don't care about Schilling, I have seen him get ruffed up lots of times).

Well, I do care about Schilling the way he is throwing right now. I've seen our pitchers get roughed up on several occasions too. Everyone gets roughed up occasionally. However, I do agree with you that we are a better team. Schilling-Beckett seem to cancel out Buehrle-Contreras and vice versa, but our back end of the rotation is much better.

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 02:37 AM
Well, I do care about Schilling the way he is throwing right now.

Good point but we hit him well last year... Also... we don't have the same CF who ALWAYS seemed to ground into a DP when Schilling was on the mound... I must have seen Rowand end at least 6 innings with a DP grounder off of him...

Tragg
04-22-2006, 08:06 AM
I remember we won our first 4 series 2 games to 1 (and winning the first 2 games and losing the third in all 4 series), and then won 8 in a row, which put us at 16-4

oeo
04-22-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not even sure if we were the first to 80, I think that's when the Cards overtook us.

EDIT: Yes, the Cards got win #80 on August 24 and the Sox on August 30.