PDA

View Full Version : Blum's 14th inning magic continues...

SOX ADDICT '73
04-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Watching Mets @ Padres on the INHD channel. Geoff leads off the inning with a single (his first hit of '06), and Brian Giles drives him in with a double on the next pitch.

I did find it odd that there was NO MENTION WHATSOEVER by the Padres' announcers of Blum's 14th-inning homer in the 2005 World Series. Not before or during his at-bat to set the stage, not after he singled to add some drama, and not even after he scored ANOTHER game-winning run in the 14th inning of a game. Very strange...such a freaky coincidence, and it's not even worth mentioning.:?:

Scottiehaswheels
04-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Good... now we're tied with Mets/Astros for best records in baseball!!!!

skobabe8
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I luuuuv when theres baseball on INHD.

1951Campbell
04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
...and not even after he scored ANOTHER game-winning run in the 14th inning of a game. Very strange...such a freaky coincidence, and it's not even worth mentioning.:?:

That's a major oversight by that broadcast team. Imagine if the Sox were no-hit 4-0 this year and then no one saw fit to mention Andy Hawkins.

ondafarm
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I was watching the Mets broadcast of it and they did mention that the 14th inning was probably magic for Blum (just as he came to bat.) When he singled they said "Uh-oh."

hellenicsoxfan
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
That's a major oversight by that broadcast team. Imagine if the Sox were no-hit 4-0 this year and then no one saw fit to mention Andy Hawkins.

Especially if the Sox were no-hit and still WON the game 4-0 as they did on that crazy day in 1990 (???).

LongLiveFisk
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Watching Mets @ Padres on the INHD channel. Geoff leads off the inning with a single (his first hit of '06), and Brian Giles drives him in with a double on the next pitch.

I did find it odd that there was NO MENTION WHATSOEVER by the Padres' announcers of Blum's 14th-inning homer in the 2005 World Series. Not before or during his at-bat to set the stage, not after he singled to add some drama, and not even after he scored ANOTHER game-winning run in the 14th inning of a game. Very strange...such a freaky coincidence, and it's not even worth mentioning.:?:

They probably weren't even watching the WS to have any recollection of it, the dopes. :D: