PDA

View Full Version : Where's the fireworks

bobelou72
04-22-2006, 12:24 AM
I went to tonights game against the Twins 4/21. And after Thomes home run there was no Fireworks and after they won the game there was no fire works. Has anybody heard anything about them not having fireworks after a home run???

HotelWhiteSox
04-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Hmm, that's weird, I don't know anything about it, but I thought it sounded weird to not hear them on TV when the game ended.

Did they have them for the intros? A guess/shot in the dark for me would be not to get the dogs worked up? Or they had issues, because they've had them earlier in the season

Viva Medias B's
04-22-2006, 12:26 AM
They had the canine Sox fans there tonight. Canines do not like fireworks. Fireworks are torture to their hearing, which is more sensitive than humans' hearing. Had they shot off fireworks, dog lovers nationwide would have crucified the White Sox and (as a dog lover myself) rightfully so.

South Side
04-22-2006, 12:26 AM
There were 300 dogs in attendence... not a good night for fireworks.

RealMenWearBlack
04-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Hmm, that's weird, I don't know anything about it, but I thought it sounded weird to not hear them on TV when the game ended.

Did they have them for the intros? A guess/shot in the dark for me would be not to get the dogs worked up? Or they had issues, because they've had them earlier in the season

I'm pretty sure that they didn't go off because it was Dog Day. IIRC, this has been the case in years past.

mrs. hendu
04-22-2006, 12:35 AM
They had the canine Sox fans there tonight. Canines do not like fireworks. Fireworks are torture to their hearing, which is more sensitive than humans' hearing. Had they shot off fireworks, dog lovers nationwide would have crucified the White Sox and (as a dog lover myself) rightfully so.
Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering about lack of fireworks tonight myself.

mike squires
04-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Damn, no Nancy and now no fireworks, what's next? :)

Chicago
04-22-2006, 02:03 AM
no nancy and no fireworks makes homer somthing something

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-22-2006, 08:21 AM
IMO, classy move by the Sox. I missed hearing the bombs also for Thome's homer, but considering over 300 dogs in attendance, shows the organization does take all things into consideration.

bobelou72
04-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Ok that make sence.

Sox-on-TV44
04-22-2006, 09:06 AM
IMO, classy move by the Sox. I missed hearing the bombs also for Thome's homer, but considering over 300 dogs in attendance, shows the organization does take all things into consideration.
Okay,I thought John Allen bought the White Sox again.:D: