PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite World Series Champions Memorabilia?

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2006, 07:24 PM
I was looking around my place today at all of the World Series Champions merchandise that I bought, and I thought of this question to see what others' favorites are! So, what one piece of memorabilia is your personal favorite of our beloved 2005 World Series Champions?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2006, 07:31 PM
The gazillion newspaper articles and clippings I have. The DVD box set is awesome as well.

soxinem1
04-21-2006, 07:36 PM
The gazillion newspaper articles and clippings I have. The DVD box set is awesome as well.

Sounds like we live in the same house!!:rolleyes:

I am making a wall in my basement family room that will feature all Sox Champion teams, along with a few other famous ones, like the 77 team too.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I'd have to say mine is the huge 3' by 5' banner I have hanging in my bedroom. It's nice to be reminded every morning when I wake up that we won the World Series! :D:

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Sounds like we live in the same house!!:rolleyes:

I am making a wall in my basement family room that will feature all Sox Champion teams, along with a few other famous ones, like the 77 team too.

Do you know how to paste the articles on the wall like wallpaper like that? I'm dumb when it comes to junk like that

Baby Fisk
04-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Ballcap with the WS logo as worn by the players. I wear it often.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Do you know how to paste the articles on the wall like wallpaper like that? I'm dumb when it comes to junk like that

I would think that pasting it to a piece of poster board (just around the article's edges) would be the best first step. They should have a backing.

HomeFish
04-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I bought a collectible cup at a concession stand last week. It is holographic/3d and adorned with all sorts of trophies and world series shots. I drink out of it everyday.

It is the coolest and most useful of the stuff I have. And by far the cheapest at $5.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-21-2006, 07:42 PM
the t-shirt and shorts and hat and underwear I wore when we won it...I haven't taked it off, or washed it, or myself...

ah...if only it were socially acceptable...

"is is cause of society george?"

but in reality...it's the tape of me being horribly wasted at Puffers on CBS2 news after we swept Boston... oh sweet memories!

Red Barchetta
04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
My parade jacket. Very classy with the American League patch and the "World Series Champions" patch. I always wear it to my Cub loving brother-in-laws house.

JoeClutch24
04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
my hat

PaleHoseGeorge
04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
My favorite is the Sox World Series trophy paperweight. It sits on my desk, right next to my computer and I look at it all day long. That might be the one piece of Sox memorabilia I will want with me when they close the lid.

My next favorite is my championship DVD collection. The Sox will never lose again at the PHG house.

:cool:

MarySwiss
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I can tell this is going to be a great thread!

The framed 8x10 of me...with the World Series trophy! :D:

Layla
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
A friend at work (a Cub fan no less) has connections with a ton of people.

I have a replica ticket of Game 4, in the plastic holder, with the whole necklace thing. It has a pin that says "I was there."

Unless you looked really close, there is no way to tell this is not the real thing.

A close second is like Mary Swiss. Me and that beautiful trophy.:D:

whtsx1959
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I got a WS Champs pen that emits a batman-like sox logo.
Handy in class when the Cub fans start talking how the series didn't count~
(Handy as in I shine it in their eyes)

chisoxmike
04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
My framed Sun-Times covers of

2005 central divison clincher
2005- ALDS winner
2005 Pennant winner
2005 World Series champs

I also kept every Sun-times pull sections from the playoffs.

BainesHOF
04-21-2006, 11:26 PM
I've a huge collector so I've been going hog wild tracking down everything I can, all the usual stuff plus I'm getting lots of different photos autographed. I also have an autographed team ball, the bats of all the starters, tickets from every playoff game, champagne bottles from each of the clinchers...but the coolest collectible I might have is a World Series shot glass filled with dirt from the pitchers mound and home plate area scooped up after Game 4 of the World Series. A photographer friend surprised me with an envelope of the dirt.

jongarlandlover
04-21-2006, 11:45 PM
All the DVDs, I love them. :smile: And all the newspapers I have saved from the playoffs. Oh, and my WS Champions hat.

mike squires
04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Hard to pick just one. THe DVD set is cool and my dad bought me the autographed engraved bat. But, I never thought I'd see a Wheeties box with a Sox player on the front. I have it in a cereal case. It will look even sweeter when I get it signed.

Chips
04-21-2006, 11:55 PM
I have no world series merchandise or memorabilia.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2006, 11:56 PM
I have no world series merchandise or memorabilia.

Wha? :o:

Chips
04-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Wha? :o:

To spite The Dude.

chisoxmike
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
To spite The Dude.

:rolling:

Chips
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
My framed Sun-Times covers of

2005 central divison clincher
2005- ALDS winner
2005 Pennant winner
2005 World Series champs

I also kept every Sun-times pull sections from the playoffs.

If you count the ALDS Sun-Times cover, then I have something, but that is ALCS, not World Series.

chisoxfanatic
04-22-2006, 12:10 AM
To spite The Dude.

I thought it had to do with dark clouds. :cool:

LuvSox
04-22-2006, 12:18 AM
I am just amazed at the amount of money I spent on this stuff :o:

My favorite? Probably the framed and matted newspaper cover of Pods rounding the bases after the game 2 walk off.

RealMenWearBlack
04-22-2006, 12:43 AM
My favorite memorabilia from last season was the newspaper that had an article that mentioned me from game 2 of the ALDS. My favorite World Series merchandise would be my championship flag that I got signed at Soxfest. My favorite shirt from last year was the AL Central Championship shirt.

ws05champs
04-22-2006, 12:44 AM
A picture of me and my wife at U.S. Cellular at game 1 of the World Series with the World Series logo on the scoreboard in the background.

I have to look at it every now and then to remind me that it actually did happen in my lifetime and we were there!

Uncle_Patrick
04-22-2006, 12:50 AM
I particularly like my bottle of Maker's Mark sealed with the Black and White wax (in honor of the Sox WS victory).

StillMissOzzie
04-22-2006, 01:50 AM
I got a 5 piece pin set that covers all of the post-season steps-winning the division, winning the ALDS, winning the ALCS, and winning the whole shottin' match. I also like a T-shirt that has a replica of the Tribune's front page of the day after winning game 4. That must have really galled them.

SMO
:gulp:

soxinem1
04-22-2006, 09:52 AM

I frame everything or the paper turns yellow. There's a complicated method of soaking the clippings in some homemade mixture to preserve them, but if you use poster frames they work great, especially if you tape the corners.

Besides, if you move your wallpaper will be given to the new resident!!

Sox-on-TV44
04-22-2006, 10:34 AM
So much to choose!!!!

But the DVD collections (Sox Pride,WS2005 highlight film,and the World Series box set),are the stand out gifts!!!!

24thStFan
04-22-2006, 10:41 AM
My ticket stub to Game One! Words alone cannot explain how much it meant to be at Comiskey for the World Series.

A.T. Money
04-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I made a picture with the ticket stub with my dad, me, and uncle. Also, I have one of those bats with the engraved signatures.

BackNBlack
04-22-2006, 11:31 AM
My Replica Ring.

I have a few other things but when I look at the ring I feel good :D:

johnr1note
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Like so many of you, I have so very many WS and playoff related items.

I do have the offical hat for each stage of the wins -- Division, Pennant, and WS. I think that's cool.

But I have a framed team photo with the world series record for my office wall, along with the cover of sports illustrated framed there, and i have a WS pennant framed with my stub from game 1, to go along with my framed pennant of the 1959 AL champs, which has been on my office wall for 15 years.

Bobbo35
04-22-2006, 11:49 AM
My favorite piece of Championship memorabilia is the panoramic photo of game one of the world series with all the Sox signatures on the bottom (not real). Adds nice to the Sox room.

jabrch
04-22-2006, 11:58 AM
The Ring that I am going to win this summer!!!

vegyrex
04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Newspapers, tshirts, and pennants. Still haven't bought any of the DVD's yet.

markopat
04-22-2006, 01:50 PM
My little brother is the classified manager at the Daytona Beach News Journal and he had the actual printing plate from the Newspaper the day following the Championship victory pulled and wiped down and framed for me...Headline is "White Wash" with a picture of Bobby Jenks Jumping up on the mound with his hands in the air. It is framed and in my family room next to my Walter Payton Signed print...

He gave me the plate for Christmas...It is VERY special!

Also have the Hat...Video DVD's and a minuture trophy replica that a good friend bought me.

Jurr
04-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Ozzie Guillen authentic alternate (black) jersey with WS patch.
You also can't beat the DVD's.

DieTrying79
04-22-2006, 08:41 PM
So many to choose from! I'd have to go with PHG and say the Trophy paperweight, that thing is amazing. The DVD's have provided some great times recounting the whole thing, too.

ChiSoxGirl
04-28-2006, 12:00 AM
I know this thread is a few days old, but I was in California last week and hardly had time to log into WSI at all. I still wanted to post in here, though.

I own so much World Series memorabilia it's not even funny. If I had to pick one thing, I'd have to say that my favorite piece of memorabilia is the scrapbook I made. It starts on September 29 and goes through the end of the year with our WSI Christmas gathering at Dugan's. It has everything from newspaper articles & pictures, my tickets from each of the three playoff games I went to, and pictures I took throughout October- both at the games I attended and at Puffer's- to stickers that are mini-road gray jerseys, batting helmets, mitts, and cleats.

I am just so proud of this book because to me, it's a priceless piece of history that I made and is unique. I spent countless hours on it throughout November & December and there isn't a single scrapbook like it out there, which makes it so special. Sure, I love my commemorative pictures, Waterford crystal baseball, Championship gear, etc., but nothing compares to my scrapbook. I'll be able to open that thing up years from now and look back on what was the greatest season in White Sox history and for that, I am so proud. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
You did a great job on that thing, ChiSoxGirl! Did you think of taking it to work with you on the last day of school to show your students and a certain co-worker?

RadioheadRocks
04-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Good lord, where do I begin???

-THE Parade Jacket!!!!! :bandance:
-all the DVD sets
-videotape of the Sox on Oprah
-all the post-season books, programs and magazines that were available
-virtually all of the post-season editions of the Sun-Times, Tribune, Southtown and Daily Herald (plus several Red Eye issues)
-numerous T-shirts and pennants
-locker room cap
-White Sox World Series Champions MONOPOLY set
-White Sox World Series UNO cards
-Topps 55-card World Series gift box set
-Sox World Series Champions throw blanket
-several White Sox tree ornaments
-Wheaties box with Buehrle-mon
-6-pack of World Series Pepsi cans
-program from Spring Training this past March
-this year's program, media guide, yearbook and scorecard (all from Opening Night)
-magnet schedule and WS replica Ring.
-premiums from my Sports Illustrated championship package
-the champagne bottle my sister brought back from Napa Valley that I downed the night we won it all (commemorated for posterity with silver paint marker)

COMING SOON to a collection near me!!!

-the new bottle opener with the call from the last out of Game 4 (still debating about the pizza cutter though!) :D:

ChiSoxGirl
04-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Did you think of taking it to work with you on the last day of school to show your students and a certain co-worker?

Nah. Why waste time on people who simply don't care or who would make fun of it?

Brian26
04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
So many to choose from! I'd have to go with PHG and say the Trophy paperweight, that thing is amazing.

Are you talking about the trophy that was given out at the park this year or the MLB.com paperweight that was available right after the Series?

DieTrying79
04-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I know this thread is a few days old, but I was in California last week and hardly had time to log into WSI at all. I still wanted to post in here, though.

I own so much World Series memorabilia it's not even funny. If I had to pick one thing, I'd have to say that my favorite piece of memorabilia is the scrapbook I made. It starts on September 29 and goes through the end of the year with our WSI Christmas gathering at Dugan's. It has everything from newspaper articles & pictures, my tickets from each of the three playoff games I went to, and pictures I took throughout October- both at the games I attended and at Puffer's- to stickers that are mini-road gray jerseys, batting helmets, mitts, and cleats.

I am just so proud of this book because to me, it's a priceless piece of history that I made and is unique. I spent countless hours on it throughout November & December and there isn't a single scrapbook like it out there, which makes it so special. Sure, I love my commemorative pictures, Waterford crystal baseball, Championship gear, etc., but nothing compares to my scrapbook. I'll be able to open that thing up years from now and look back on what was the greatest season in White Sox history and for that, I am so proud. :smile:

THAT is the greatest piece of memoribilia that I've seen, period. Hey, I believe I'm featured in the ALCS game 2 portion!

DieTrying79
04-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Are you talking about the trophy that was given out at the park this year or the MLB.com paperweight that was available right after the Series?

The trophy paperweight that was on MLB.com. Here's a link (http://www.segwaycollection.com/cwsmlbwspaperweight.html) to the product. This thing just completes my Sox shrine that I've built up. Picked one up at Grandstand when I was in town a few weeks ago.

ChiSoxGirl
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
THAT is the greatest piece of memoribilia that I've seen, period. Hey, I believe I'm featured in the ALCS game 2 portion!

Thank you for those kind words about my scrapbook! You are definitely featured in the ALCS Game 2 portion. And many of my other WSI friends- chisoxmike, chisoxfanatic, Hangar18, IronFisk, The Dude, Chips, and alohafri- appear throughout the ALCS and World Series portions.

elrod
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
I just love watching all the kids up here in Evanston with Sox hats on. I counted more than ten Sox hats on kids at the playgrounds here today (I went to three with my kids). Last year it would be a supreme oddity to see one Sox hat around. Since these are kids we're talking about, it's hard to call them "fair weather fans." I think it's more like impressionable youth at an impressionable age. How many people here became Sox fans because of the 1983 team? Same thing's happening to the youngsters up here.