PDA

View Full Version : Clevland loses another Pitcher

cws05champ
04-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Another pitching injury for the Tribe, hopefully we can build up a big lead in the division. :bandance:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9389437

cleanwsox
04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Maybe he'll rehabilitate with some steroids and get a 100 game ban...

soxinem1
04-21-2006, 07:35 PM
Maybe he'll rehabilitate with some steroids and get a 100 game ban...

When I first read the headline 'Indians lose Betancourt' I thought for sure he was gone for steriods!!

Maybe now he is in withdrawl and can't handle it. He was sure pitching like ****!

Corlose 15
04-21-2006, 08:02 PM
This is a trememdous opportunity for the Sox to build up an early lead. It really helped last year. The Indians bullpen was doing poorly before all this injuries and this won't help. Carmona did a pretty crappy job filling in for Sabathia yesterday too.

balke
04-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Never celebrate another team's injuries, it shows no class. Although I will agree the Indians bullpen being weakened in anyway will help the Sox silence the dark clouds for a while. Not that they need anyone to get injured on the Tribe.

SoxSpeed22
04-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Never celebrate another team's injuries, it shows no class. Although I will agree the Indians bullpen being weakened in anyway will help the Sox silence the dark clouds for a while. Not that they need anyone to get injured on the Tribe.The only thing that we care about is building the lead, not laughing at other teams.

QCIASOXFAN
04-22-2006, 02:20 AM
The only thing that we care about is building the lead, not laughing at other teams. I kinda think that its funny all the pitchers they are losing, but we should only be worried about ourselves. Remember last year when Buehrle hit Hafner in the face and he was out for like a month, well he came back from that injury pretty well. All i'm saying is they are a tough squad and not to count them out.

Mohoney
04-22-2006, 04:32 AM
I honestly think that this Indians team will fare just as well against the rest of the AL as we do, and the difference will be head-to-head, which we will take 12-7 because we have the better pitching staff.

I think that the 2 best teams in the AL reside in the Central, and we will be meeting them in the ALCS, folks. This Indians team is incredibly talented with that absolute beast lefty bat and that switch-hitting stud catcher in the middle of their order. In 2008, I honestly think that the Indians will hoist a banner of their own after we complete our three-peat.

As far as this year, I see us in the low 100s and the Indians in the mid 90s in terms of wins. I also see a huge segment of baseball-retarded media crying on their spreadsheets when the Red Sox and Cubs are out of the playoffs entirely, to which I can care less.

gbergman
04-22-2006, 05:27 AM
cross are fingers and hope this doesnt happen to us consistentley

soxinem1
04-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I honestly think that this Indians team will fare just as well against the rest of the AL as we do, and the difference will be head-to-head, which we will take 12-7 because we have the better pitching staff.

I think that the 2 best teams in the AL reside in the Central, and we will be meeting them in the ALCS, folks. This Indians team is incredibly talented with that absolute beast lefty bat and that switch-hitting stud catcher in the middle of their order. In 2008, I honestly think that the Indians will hoist a banner of their own after we complete our three-peat.

I agree with your assessment for the most part, but one major factor that hurts the Tribe is that their defense is really bad. true, their slow start last year was mainly attributed to hitting, but their Iron Gloves in RF, SS, 2B, and C killed them. Boone at 3B looks a lot slowerthan he did (understandably) before his leg injuries. Martinez is a good hitter, but he's not that great a fielder, which is more important to the position.

Plus with the slow working pitchers they have now, the Indians will be run on more than the Sox this year (and already are). Other than Sabathia, their other starters are guys who primarily put the ball in play, so their defense will either sink or swim their season.

Every team has it's weaknesses, but unless they do some trading or the White Sox totally collpase, I do not see them being anything to be scared of.