PDA

View Full Version : Geez Bud,give it up.

Daver
01-24-2002, 04:16 PM
:tool

We'll go down fighting!

http://www.nandotimes.com/sports/story/226928p-2185773c.html

Cheryl
01-24-2002, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't put it past Bud to shut down the Twins and the Expos if he gets a favorable ruling, even if that happens in June and means massive re-scheduling.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2002, 06:05 PM
These owners must have a death wish on the game.

On a positive note, things are very quiet on the labor negotiations front. That's usually a good sign. Both sides figure there is more progress to be made talking directly with one another, rather than grandstanding in front of the cameras.

Union chief Donald Fehr had no comment about the Minnesota appellate court's ruling against the owners. That's a very good sign, indeed!

bringbackrobin
01-24-2002, 10:40 PM
Public opinion is much more against the owners right now than it usually is, so the players (who are more or less happy with the current contract) know that they are negotiating from a position of strength. I'd be willing to bet that the current contract is renewed for another year, maybe with slight modifications (say, changes to the rule 5 draft).

czalgosz
01-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bringbackrobin
Public opinion is much more against the owners right now than it usually is, so the players (who are more or less happy with the current contract) know that they are negotiating from a position of strength. I'd be willing to bet that the current contract is renewed for another year, maybe with slight modifications (say, changes to the rule 5 draft).

In the long run, though, something's got to give. The owners wont sit by and watch while the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox split up most of the loot while the others play in front of empty ballparks by court order.

All the owners would have to do is agree to a salary floor in addition to expanded luxury tax and this whole nightmare could be over.

Daver
01-24-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

In the long run, though, something's got to give. The owners wont sit by and watch while the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox split up most of the loot while the others play in front of empty ballparks by court order.

All the owners would have to do is agree to a salary floor in addition to expanded luxury tax and this whole nightmare could be over.

I think that is one of the reasons that Don Fehr was invited to the owners meetings,he also knows that something has to give,and nobody gets paid with a work stoppage.Except the owners,their TV money is guaranteed,damn FOX is stupid.

Daver
01-25-2002, 01:10 PM
And the saga continues.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0125/1317327.html