PDA

View Full Version : update on Soxfest

irish rover
01-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Update on soxfest

http://www.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011219_soxfest _news&team_id=cws

"Saturday evening, hotel guests and SoxFest attendees are invited to stay for a party featuring a
Beatles cover band, Twist and Shout, with a special appearance by Sox pitcher Kelly Wunsch.
Tickets will be available for sale at the door for anyone else interested in attending the party."

"Buehrle to catch SoxFest "river toss"

White Sox ace Mark Buehrle, normally accustomed to throwing pitches, will be on the receiving
end for one next Wednesday, Jan. 30. The 22-year-old lefty will catch a ceremonial first pitch
thrown accross the Chicago River to kick off SoxFest, which takes place Feb. 1-3 at the Hyatt
Regency Chicago. The river toss will take place at 2:00 p.m., just east of Michigan Avenue
between Gleacher Center and NBC Tower on North Cityfront Plaza (north side of the river).
Fans are welcome to attend. "

Jerry_Manuel
01-24-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by irish rover

White Sox ace Mark Buehrle, normally accustomed to throwing pitches, will be on the receiving
end for one next Wednesday, Jan. 30. The 22-year-old lefty will catch a ceremonial first pitch
thrown accross the Chicago River to kick off SoxFest, which takes place Feb. 1-3 at the Hyatt
Regency Chicago

:hitless
Since I have the best arm, I'll be making the throw.

:gun
Get lost, loser.

FarWestChicago
01-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

:hitless
Since I have the best arm, I'll be making the throw.
:walnuts

That should make it about half way. I haven't even needed a glove since Choice started "throwing" to first.

Jerry_Manuel
01-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That should make it about half way. I haven't even needed a glove since Choice started "throwing" to first.

I'll be happy if he stops doing the "Ole" the ball went under my legs trick.

irish rover
01-24-2002, 07:07 PM
Also, I got word from a reliable source inside the org that the sox are trying to get city hall approval to put up some big tents in the parrking lot for about 20 games for some pre game festivaties, not sure what that entails though

duke of dorwood
01-24-2002, 10:48 PM
:XL

I bet that is for my return to Comiskey with the Yankmees

Foulke You
01-25-2002, 02:25 PM
:shammy
I'm quite sure the tents will be there during the crosstown series to honor me for my 66 HR season. After all I saved baseball and my kingdom...er I mean country, The Dominican Republic.

cheeses_h_rice
01-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
Update on soxfest

Regency Chicago. The river toss will take place at 2:00 p.m., just east of Michigan Avenue
between Gleacher Center and NBC Tower on North Cityfront Plaza (north side of the river).
Fans are welcome to attend. "

Cool, I work less than a mile from there, so I will be there.

I assume Buehrle will be on the south side of the riverbank?

Viva Magglio
01-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Cool, I work less than a mile from there, so I will be there.

I assume Buehrle will be on the south side of the riverbank?

Because the pitch is coming from the NBC Tower side of the river, will it be blessed by Art Norman? (Inside joke among Score listeners).

cheeses_h_rice
01-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Because the pitch is coming from the NBC Tower side of the river, will it be blessed by Art Norman? (Inside joke among Score listeners).

Huh? Fill me in, please.

cheeses_h_rice
01-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Just a bump to remind anyone who works downtown about the river toss -- I think I may head out to see what the deal is.