PDA

View Full Version : Cool Promotions around the league

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Royals are giving this away:
April 29th agains the Athletics they're giving away some cooler bags.
http://mlb.mlb.com/kc/images/cooler_bag200x210.jpg

Houston on April 7th Gave away some cool pins
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/images/promos/y2006/ph_citgo_225x230.jpg

thepaulbowski
04-21-2006, 08:18 AM
On July 4th the Brewers are giving away a "Hot Dog" figure from their daily race. It looks pretty cool.

Baby Fisk
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
The Black Jays are giving away bobble heads twice when the Sox are in Toronto.

May 28: Vernon Wells bobble head day

Aug 6: Cito Gaston bobble head day

But the most curious promotion in Toronto is June 27: Gustavo Chacin Cologne Night:

On Tuesday June 27, the first 10,000 fans exiting Rogers Centre will receive a sample of "Chacin Cologne." This is co-promotion with the FAN 590's Morning Show, with the idea for this giveaway coming from a re-occurring skit with Landry & Stellick. The actual fragrance will be personally designed by Gustavo Chacin, Gord Stellick and Don Landry. :?:

Fungo
04-21-2006, 11:12 AM
I like the fact that the Sox were the only one to be able to hand out one of these...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/schedule/y2006/troph_rep.jpg

soxfan13
04-21-2006, 11:48 AM
I like the fact that the Sox were the only one to be able to hand out one of these...

Did the White Sox win the World Series:D:

Unregistered
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I hear the Royals are working on a "Have a Player For The Day" promotion. You can get guys like Mark Teahan or Angel Berroa for the day to do house chores, garden work, read to your kids - things like that...

I think that promo has legs. :wink:

thepaulbowski
04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I hear the Royals are working on a "Have a Player For The Day" promotion. You can get guys like Mark Teahan or Angel Berroa for the day to do house chores, garden work, read to your kids - things like that...

They'd still probably suck while doing that. :cool:

LuvSox
04-21-2006, 01:51 PM

I'll take Man-kay-vitch to clean my yard. My dog ****s a lot.

VenturaSoxFan23
04-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm waiting for the first guy to wind up on the DL thanks to this promotion.

Kansas City Royals: C John Buck has been placed on the 15-day DL after teaching a group of Little Leaguers a game called "Running Bases" and ran into a nearby parked car.

Hangar18
04-21-2006, 02:23 PM

I was watching TV the other day, and noticed that the other team 8 miles north, is giving away a BABE RUTH AUTHENTIC JERSEY (to 100 random winners). Wasnt Babe Ruth a Yankees player?

thepaulbowski
04-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I was watching TV the other day, and noticed that the other team 8 miles north, is giving away a BABE RUTH AUTHENTIC JERSEY (to 100 random winners). Wasnt Babe Ruth a Yankees player?

Do you think their fans notice?

My guess is no.

Fenway
04-21-2006, 05:46 PM
The Red Sox in 2006 do not have ANY promotions planned.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=bos&m=4&y=2006

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM

I really don't understand why the hell they're doing that

Crede_Fan
04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
The Red Sox in 2006 do not have ANY promotions planned.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=bos&m=4&y=2006

Any reason why?

Fenway
04-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Any reason why?

I dunno, I guess they don't want to be bothered. It isn't like they couldn't find every company in New England willing to pay them for it.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I dunno, I guess they don't want to be bothered. It isn't like they couldn't find every company in New England willing to pay them for it.

They should at least give a free beer to whoever has an obstructed view seat.

ewokpelts
04-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I was watching TV the other day, and noticed that the other team 8 miles north, is giving away a BABE RUTH AUTHENTIC JERSEY (to 100 random winners). Wasnt Babe Ruth a Yankees player?i think there's a historical opponents theme this year.
Jackie Robinson
roberto clememnte
ruth

and a few more...they really seem to have fallen in love with the scratch off card....they almost NEVER give things away anymore...not even topps cards....

Gene

Theanticub
04-22-2006, 02:58 PM
The reason why there are no promotions for the BoSox is because they are 8.1 mil in the hole from last year in total operating costs vs. revenue.

bafiarocks03
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM

mmmm...Or David DeJesus:D: ..and now that he's out! Better! hehe!

Why don't we have something like that!?

ewokpelts
04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
The reason why there are no promotions for the BoSox is because they are 8.1 mil in the hole from last year in total operating costs vs. revenue.yeah...and I'm Uncle Jerry

IlliniSox4Life
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
The reason why there are no promotions for the BoSox is because they are 8.1 mil in the hole from last year in total operating costs vs. revenue.

You do realize that companies pay them to be able to sponsor promotions, don't you? That would be even more incentive for them to have promotions.

34 Inch Stick
04-24-2006, 01:06 PM

Simple, the Babe played for the Cubs brother in cuteness, the Red Sox and authored a curse.

doublem23
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
I'll take Man-kay-vitch to clean my yard. My dog ****s a lot.

I'll **** in your yard if I knew he had to clean it up. :o:

VenturaSoxFan23
04-24-2006, 01:49 PM

The promotion is that you get to come out to Fenway Park to see a game.

I'm awaiting the Cubs pulling this idea in the next few years. No more floppy hats or goofy Harry Caray bus-windshield sunglasses. Come see the Park!

Then again, they been doing this since 1983.

Besides, getting a Ruth jersey at Wrigley Field sounds tantamount to winning a Tito Landrum jersey at the Cell.