PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox purchase Willie Harris's contract

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Looks like Willie made it back to the bigs, at least for a little bit. He should be available to play tonight against the Rays.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

gbergman
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
good for willie

SouthSide_HitMen
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
good for willie

Excellent for Bafia. :D:

drewcifer
04-20-2006, 05:09 PM
good for willie

Absolutely. Good, scrappy little player. Hope it works out for him up there in BeanTown.

ondafarm
04-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Congrats to Willie. Hope he does well for Boston as they win the AL East and fold again in the playoffs.

Cambridge
04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
A recent interview with Willie may be of interest here:

http://redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20790

gbergman
04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
A recent interview with Willie may be of interest here:

http://redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20790

well if that is true about ozzie then i am a little dissapointed. He did do what he was supposed to do and he set us up to win the game 4. a couple things go a little differently in that series and who knows what the outcome would have been. he should have atleast congragulated him at some point

Vernam
04-20-2006, 08:14 PM
well if that is true about ozzie then i am a little dissapointed. He did do what he was supposed to do and he set us up to win the game 4. a couple things go a little differently in that series and who knows what the outcome would have been. he should have atleast congragulated him at some pointIs that anything like "strangulation?" If so, I agree. :cool:

In that interview, Willie displays why he wasn't a good fit for the Sox off the field. We already knew why he was a bad fit on the field.

Vernam

ondafarm
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Willie Harris pinch hit in the 7th inning and stayed in to play centerfield. He popped out to shortstop.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Willie Harris pinch hit in the 7th inning and stayed in to play centerfield. He popped out to shortstop.

He brought his little league helmet with him to Boston, too.
:cool:

lumpyspun
04-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Willie came up in the 9th, with R Sox down 5-1, men on 1st and 2nd....and...

He got a hit. Unfortunately for him no runs came in...

ondafarm
04-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Willie came up in the 9th, with R Sox down 5-1, men on 1st and 2nd....and...

He got a hit. Unfortunately for him no runs came in...

It was Manny Ramirez at second and I don't think he runs hard for anybody. My 70 year old mother could have scored from second on that hit.

Blob
04-20-2006, 09:58 PM
He brought his little league helmet with him to Boston, too.
:cool:

Yeah, it's still too big for him!! :wink:

Palehose13
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
In that interview, Willie displays why he wasn't a good fit for the Sox off the field. We already knew why he was a bad fit on the field.

That is exactly what i was thinking. Hmmmm...sour grapes on Wee Willie's end? That' ok, I'll take Iguchi everyday of the week and twice on Sundays over Willie Harris. Hell, that goes for Cintron too.

JorgeFabregas
04-20-2006, 10:43 PM
I thought Willie looked decent in his few appearances during the last few weeks (both regular and post-season) last year.

Ozzie tells players that they suck all the time. That's his style.

bafiarocks03
04-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Ahhhhhhhh!! I saw my love!!!!
My friend IM'd me and was like Willie's batting ESPN2! I'm like yea ok..but I ran to the Tvizzle anyway..and THERE HE WAS!! I screamed...and kissed the tvizzle! lol!
Then he came up again in the 9th and got a hit!
mmmmm....I was soo Happy! It made my day!
Annddd I just wrote him a letter and I was all ready to send it to Pawtucket! And now he's back in the big leagues! yay! :bandance:

LuvSox
04-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Ibuprofen...somebody..please.....

lostletters
04-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Ozzie had a very obvious preference for Iguchi, Harris was the odd man out. I do not think Ozzie ever really liked Harris though. The truth is Iguchi was a better player then Harris.

Either way, he did his job last year when it counted, and that is huge. I wish Willie the best of luck in boston.

JorgeFabregas
04-21-2006, 12:59 AM
The second tvizzle was a little much.

SoxFan76
04-21-2006, 03:51 AM
That quote from Ozzie disappoints me, it really does.

I'm praying that it was taken out of context...

Willie was a good player. I always had respect for him. Ok, so he wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed watching him play.

Optipessimism
04-21-2006, 05:02 AM
When (Ozzie) got to Chicago, he said, “Who is Willie Harris, and why does he have a big league uniform?"

That may be my favorite Ozzie quote yet.

http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg "I luuuuuv our manager."

lumpyspun
04-21-2006, 08:58 AM
The second tvizzle was a little much.

Especially because Tvizzle is much harder to type and read than TV

hawkjt
04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
there may be some sour grapes there for willie, who I liked, but I agree that ozzie should have said something to willie.

Willie hit .414 in over 30 abs after being recalled last year in late august. He was not a bum. He got a huge hit in game four when no one else was doing squat.

I am glad he got a ring and I am sure ozzie would regret the hard feelings.

Four-four-four. Those guys came thru for the sox- there should be no negativity.

Dick Allen
04-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Ibuprofen...somebody..please.....Yeah, she's giving me a headache again.

bafiarocks03
04-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Dude he's playing everyday! Cuz he started again yesterday! This is soo exciting!!! :D: :D: :D: :bandance:

1951Campbell
04-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Dude he's playing everyday! Cuz he started again yesterday! This is soo exciting!!! :D: :D: :D: :bandance:

Good news for Willie, but somehow I imagine Red Sox fans are kvetching about it. Then again, all they really do is piss and moan, so...

bafiarocks03
04-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Good news for Willie, but somehow I imagine Red Sox fans are kvetching about it. Then again, all they really do is piss and moan, so...

kvetching!?

1951Campbell
04-22-2006, 08:48 PM
kvetching!?

Yeah, you know...it's really just a fancy way of saying "pissing and moaning."

:D:

danjames
04-22-2006, 09:20 PM
I think Ozzie may just not be a big Willie Harris fan. When Ozzie got the job didn't he say something referring to the 2 roberto alomar trades like "We had to trade for the same guy twice because the guy here couldn't do the job" referring to Harris?

ondafarm
04-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Willie update.

He's appeared in four games, ten total at bats, 1 hit four strikeouts and a couple of walks.

On the good side, he has 20% of the Red Sox's stolen bases.

Schilling is up against the Indians tonight. I guess we'll see if the man really is back.

bafiarocks03
04-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Willie update.

He's appeared in four games, ten total at bats, 1 hit four strikeouts and a couple of walks.

On the good side, he has 20% of the Red Sox's stolen bases.

Schilling is up against the Indians tonight. I guess we'll see if the man really is back.

Wooo yeah that's right! lol! Yesterday he got hit by a pitch and stole 2nd, then scored. I was in the Red Sox mlb.com chat room during the game, and i was persuading the people to like him. I was like soooo guys, You like willie? they were all like we dont' know anything about him. And i was telling them how amazing he was! it was working! yay! lol! :bandance:

soxinem1
04-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I think Ozzie may just not be a big Willie Harris fan. When Ozzie got the job didn't he say something referring to the 2 roberto alomar trades like "We had to trade for the same guy twice because the guy here couldn't do the job" referring to Harris?

Though a little too blunt, I agree with Oz on this one. I think KW had the same (or similar) comments then and after Tadahito was picked up.

Willie had his moment in the sun, and it's time to move on. He'll never be better than Donnie Hill, but hey, he has his ring.

Now let's worry about this years team and not the former team members who are now our opponents.

0o0o0
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I have the Boston/Cleveland game on gamecast as I'm doing homework and it just said that Willie Harris grounded into a triple play :o::o::o:

ondafarm
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I have the Boston/Cleveland game on gamecast as I'm doing homework and it just said that Willie Harris grounded into a triple play :o::o::o:

I was watching it before the Sox came on and I didn't see it. Only Nixon had GIDP'd for the Red Cubs.