PDA

View Full Version : Todd Jones on Thome's Revenge

Scottiehaswheels
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ag9tS4R2MQykgus56unyo80RvLYF?slug=thomei sbackwithavengeanc&prov=tsn&type=lgns

That last sentence is pretty funny

JohnBasedowYoda
04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ag9tS4R2MQykgus56unyo80RvLYF?slug=thomei sbackwithavengeanc&prov=tsn&type=lgns

That last sentence is pretty funny

"Todd Jones (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5082/) is a reliever for the Tigers. E-mail him at tjones@sportingnews.com ?"

That's not a funny sentence:redneck

White City
04-20-2006, 06:57 PM
This analogy might not be apt, but it feels like Satan explaining Jesus to me. That's using extremes to prove a less distinctive point, though.

Let's try this: I never took Todd Jones to be completely level-headed, whereas I am confident that Jim Thome is not some revenge-minded bruiser. More likely, Todd Jones is telling us how Todd Jones would be responding to the slight that he perceives Jim Thome has been issued. I'm guessing, with no direct knowledge, that Thome is secure in who he is, pleased to be getting back to Illinois, and thankful that he has a legitimate chance to win a title this year. Where's the room for hard feelings and revenge fantasies on that full plate?
:)

ewokpelts
04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Listen,
If Howard didnt get ROY last year while smacking a bunch of home runs, Thome would still be there.
From what I gather, he only got the boo birds last year, and only because he was playing hurt.
I dont see the revenge motif. Jim was offered an out, and he had the choice of going back to his native illinois, or back to cleveland. And either team was all but guranteed to be a contender in 2006.

Gene

MarySwiss
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Er, you can see in Thome's face that he's hurt? Are you ****ing kidding me?
Oh sure, obviously the pain of being dealt from the Phillies, for heaven's sake, to the World Champion White Sox--who play in his home state--has to absolutely be killing him! :rolleyes:

Taliesinrk
04-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Er, you can see in Thome's face that he's hurt? Are you ****ing kidding me?
Oh sure, obviously the pain of being dealt from the Phillies, for heaven's sake, to the World Champion White Sox--who play in his home state--has to absolutely be killing him! :rolleyes:

that's just weird.. Todd Jones needs to worry about growing facial hair.. why's he writing for the sport. news??

furthermore, the only thing you can see on faces is the pain on tigers pitching when Thome hit those bombs off of them..

goon
04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
take it easy on jones, this is a positive piece about thome.

beckett21
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I liked the piece myself. I thought it was very positive and complimentary towards Thome.

How quickly people seem to forget just how good Thome was before last year's injury plagued season. Now that he is healthy again, I'm glad he is on our side. Undoubtedly one of the great sluggers in the game today.

twsoxfan5
04-21-2006, 09:09 AM
take it easy on jones, this is a positive piece about thome.

I couldn't agree more. Why are we bashing a guy who is writing a positive piece about one of ours.

daveeym
04-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I couldn't agree more. Why are we bashing a guy who is writing a positive piece about one of ours. Man I know of two ex sox players that this would sum up perfectly. Thome's more professional and undertands the business side of it sure. But everyone likes to stick it to the team that let them go, that's just human nature. It might not be maliscious but I'm sure he gets a little giddy feeling and gives a little giggle the Phillies way after every homer.