PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Contreras? - unconfirmed rumor

The Bone
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't know if anyone else has already posted this, but it looks like Contreras is going to miss his next start, it should be Sunday. With the way the rotation has been set up, this weekend should be Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras, but on whitesox.com it shows Buehrle-Garcia-Garland with Vazquez starting on Monday in Seattle.

Ozzie has said that we aren't going to be skipping anyone in the rotation, but it looks like we are giving him some extra rest. Has anyone heard anything about Jose?

Ol' No. 2
04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't know if anyone else has already posted this, but it looks like Contreras is going to miss his next start, it should be Sunday. With the way the rotation has been set up, this weekend should be Buehrle-Garcia-Contreras, but on whitesox.com it shows Buehrle-Garcia-Garland with Vazquez starting on Monday in Seattle.

Ozzie has said that we aren't going to be skipping anyone in the rotation, but it looks like we are giving him some extra rest. Has anyone heard anything about Jose?I haven't heard anything. More likely a mistake.

ondafarm
04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Gotta be a mistake.

The Bone
04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I haven't heard anything. More likely a mistake.

They said the same thing on Sportsnite as well. That it would be Garland on Sunday, but they didn't mention anything about Contreras being skipped.

Hitmen77
04-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Gotta be a mistake.

Man, I hope so! :o:

04-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Gotta be a mistake.

It better be...I got him on my fantasy team and I can sure use those points! haha, but for real

oeo
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
They said the same thing on Sportsnite as well. That it would be Garland on Sunday, but they didn't mention anything about Contreras being skipped.

Then they're probably using whitesox.com as their source. They really do not seem to look into things like this anyway. I remember a game a couple weeks ago during the pre-game show, Pat Boyle was talking about how Garland was starting the game when it was actually Contreras. I'm sure he's fine, just a mistake.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Hawk & DJ mentioned the pitching matchups for the Twins series several times during yesterday's game.
They seem pretty convinced that the matchups are going to be
Buehrle vs. Santana, Garcia vs. Radke, and Contreras vs. Silva.

Jurr
04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Hawk & DJ mentioned the pitching matchups for the Twins series several times during yesterday's game.
They seem pretty convinced that the matchups are going to be
Buehrle vs. Santana, Garcia vs. Radke, and Contreras vs. Silva.
Damn, it sure is nice to see those matchups vs. Minnesota and feel that we can win every one of 'em. For years, you'd see Mays vs. Danny Wright or Shoeneweis vs. Lohse and know that you were hosed in at least one if not two games in a three game series vs. those guys. :bandance:

Lip Man 1
04-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Ozzie has been emphatic that no turns would be skipped in the rotation unless needed due to injury or illness.

Lip

Hitmen77
04-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Ozzie has been emphatic that no turns would be skipped in the rotation unless needed due to injury or illness.

Lip

...and that's why this would cause me alot of concern if it was true.

So far, this just sounds like an error on whitesox.com. I hope that's all it is.

havelj
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
If you go to the official 4/19/2006 White Sox MLB Press Pass Release (http://presspass.mlb.com/pp_viewer.asp?d=27255) it shows the Upcoming Probables in the right column as:

Buehrle vs. Santana
Garcia vs. Radke
Contreras vs. Silva

Hitmen77
04-20-2006, 02:34 PM
If you go to the official 4/19/2006 White Sox MLB Press Pass Release (http://presspass.mlb.com/pp_viewer.asp?d=27255) it shows the Upcoming Probables in the right column as:

Buehrle vs. Santana
Garcia vs. Radke
Contreras vs. Silva

The ERAs for the Twins starters don't look very impressive. Though, to be fair, Garland and Garcia's ERA aren't so great either.

Half Cocked Jack
04-20-2006, 06:12 PM
David Wright over A-Rod? :?:

peeonwrigley
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Damn, it sure is nice to see those matchups vs. Minnesota and feel that we can win every one of 'em. For years, you'd see Mays vs. Danny Wright or Shoeneweis vs. Lohse and know that you were hosed in at least one if not two games in a three game series vs. those guys. :bandance:

I still see Johan vs (insert pitcher here) and think we're toast. Looks like he's off to a rough start this year, though.

oeo
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I still see Johan vs (insert pitcher here) and think we're toast. Looks like he's off to a rough start this year, though.

Ugh...Johan. We may be in for a long night tomorrow. :(:

JUribe1989
04-20-2006, 08:49 PM
It says Garland is pitching Sunday on the White Sox probable pitchers on their web site. Contreras has got to be hurt, why else would they skip him in the rotation in April?

IlliniSox4Life
04-20-2006, 10:30 PM
It says Garland is pitching Sunday on the White Sox probable pitchers on their web site. Contreras has got to be hurt, why else would they skip him in the rotation in April?

It is possible it is an error on the website.

RichFitztightly
04-21-2006, 12:03 AM

He might be having a rough start, but he always brings his A-game against the Sox. I fully expect him to be dealing.

Ugh...Johan. We may be in for a long night tomorrow. :(:

Actually, unless I'm mistaken Santana pitches fast, therefore paired against Beuhrle gets me hoping to be in my car about 9:30.

CanBuehrleWait
04-21-2006, 05:16 AM
He might be having a rough start, but he always brings his A-game against the Sox. I fully expect him to be dealing.

Actually, unless I'm mistaken Santana pitches fast, therefore paired against Beuhrle gets me hoping to be in my car about 9:30.

Won't you be upset after the pounding the Sox put on Johan tommorrow...

BainesHOF
04-21-2006, 07:09 AM
"Cy" Contreras will not be stopped by ANYTHING, you dig?

DumpJerry
04-21-2006, 08:27 AM
The Tribune has Jose starting Sunday.

jenn2080
04-21-2006, 08:49 AM
The Tribune has Jose starting Sunday.

Comcast Sportsnet has Garland pitching Sunday

Hitmen77
04-21-2006, 03:30 PM
whitesox.com is back to listing Contreras for Sunday.

RichFitztightly
04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Won't you be upset after the pounding the Sox put on Johan tommorrow...

:D:Not at all!!!:D: