PDA

View Full Version : Mas Twins

RichH55
01-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Looking over that roster....who leads off? Guzman has speed and a good average, but he doesnt walk at all and doesnt strike me as a leadoff hitter in the least.....and combining with that Bullpen and potential questions at the end of the rotation(top 3 is solid)...they arent scaring me

ma-gaga
01-25-2002, 06:58 PM
The plan was to develop Luis Rivas into a leadoff hitter. He's not quite ready yet. He ended up with a respectable 0.266 BA, but only a 0.319 OBP.

He's young, they think he'll develop into something "special".

RichH55
01-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
The plan was to develop Luis Rivas into a leadoff hitter. He's not quite ready yet. He ended up with a respectable 0.266 BA, but only a 0.319 OBP.

He's young, they think he'll develop into something "special".

Fair enough, but talk of developing a lead-off hitter who still has a ways to go doesnt make me think Division contender this year.....and we are developing guys too so you can make the future argument for both teams with the rose-colored glasses...c'est la vie...I still think the Division's ours

ma-gaga
01-25-2002, 07:12 PM
:)

If the Sox can beat the Twins this year, they should run away with the division. Otherwise, I expect it to be close.

Where do you see Cleveland?

RichH55
01-25-2002, 07:19 PM
I see Cleveland and the Twins battling for 2nd mainly due to the fact the rest of the division is brutal...I think the Sox are the only team of the Twins/Indians/Sox that can make a case that they should be better than last year.....Twins are an arm injury away from one of their big 3 to having a downright poor year

Pete_SSAC
01-27-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
:)

Where do you see Cleveland?

In the crapper.

Talk about a team that went bad fast, that is it. They lost, how may people in the past two seasons? Manny Rameriz, Kenny Lofton, Juan Gon., Robbie and Sandy Alamor. Not to mention a few pitchers, and probably even more people I can't remeber.

Oh well. Cubs syndrome for the Sox I guess. Wait for the rest of the divison to get bad.

- Pete

Daver
01-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

In the crapper.

Talk about a team that went bad fast, that is it. They lost, how may people in the past two seasons? Manny Rameriz, Kenny Lofton, Juan Gon., Robbie and Sandy Alamor. Not to mention a few pitchers, and probably even more people I can't remeber.

Oh well. Cubs syndrome for the Sox I guess. Wait for the rest of the divison to get bad.

- Pete

Ah yes,we don't need to get better,everyone else just needs to get worse.

RichH55
01-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by daver

Which works fine for the division...seems you with work to do elsewhere

doublem23
01-27-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by daver

:reinsy
That's what we've been trying to tell you dumb fans for 21 years now! Sheesh!