PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers vs. Cubs - A major rubber match

SouthSide_HitMen
04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
As noted by Vin Scully, tonight's game between the Dodgers and Cubs is not only the rubber match of the 3 game series but also of the all time series. Since 1890 when the Dodgers joined the National League the two teams are 1003-1003 against each other.

I'm pulling for my bargain starter (and if healthy he will be one of the best in MLB) Brad Penny and I'll be doing so enjoying one of the best broadcasters in baseball history (for the first three innings though I like Charlie Steiner as well)!!!

thepaulbowski
04-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm pulling for my bargain starter (and if healthy he will be one of the best in MLB) Brad Penny and I'll be doing so enjoying one of the best broadcasters in baseball history (for the first three innings though I like Charlie Steiner as well)!!!

I've got Penny on my team as well. Lets go Dodgers.

Joosh
04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Ouch, horrible collison there between Derrek Lee and Furcal on the bunt single. Looks like Lee might have some sort of wrist injury.

Plus, Scott Eyre made a diving play on that ball and limped off the field. Not good.

HotelWhiteSox
04-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Dodgers' fans remind me of Flubs' fans, I bet they don't know which blue to cheer for

elrod
04-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Lee and Eyre are out. No idea how serious it is but the collision looked pretty brutal. My guess is a jammed wrist, and four games on the shelf. Nothing worse. I bet Eyre pulled an abdominal muscle. He tried to throw to first while sprawled out on his stomach.

This game reminds me of why I don't like watching the National League these days. Or maybe I just don't like watching the Cubs, period.

Joosh
04-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Lee's injury is being called a "sprained wrist," however X-rays were inconclusive. It would be a real shame to see Lee's season shortened due to injury, he's one hell of a player.

voodoochile
04-20-2006, 01:58 AM
If you absolutely HAVE to have a flubbies game thread and I for one think it's completely ludicrous to do so, please start them in WTS in the future.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-20-2006, 02:07 AM
If you absolutely HAVE to have a flubbies game thread and I for one think it's completely ludicrous to do so, please start them in WTS in the future.

I thought it more of a "baseball" thread commenting on Vin Scully and the amazing fact the all time 106 year series was tied but your comment has been noted. It is not a Flubsessed thread harping about this or that - the thread concerns general baseball interest (the same as if for instance The Dodgers and Giants all time series record was tied headed into a game).

voodoochile
04-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I thought it more of a "baseball" thread commenting on Vin Scully and the amazing fact the all time 106 year series was tied but your comment has been noted. It is not a Flubsessed thread harping about this or that - the thread concerns general baseball interest (the same as if for instance The Dodgers and Giants all time series record was tied headed into a game).

I understand why it was started and would even wish it didn't turn into that which it did, but it's the flubbies. Every thread that even remotely concerns them should be started in this forum.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-20-2006, 02:15 AM
I understand why it was started and would even wish it didn't turn into that which it did, but it's the flubbies. Every thread that even remotely concerns them should be started in this forum.

I understand and will follow the board protocol in the future.