PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Central: South Side or St. Louis for Buehrle?

Blueprint1
04-19-2006, 08:39 PM
What is this on ESPN? This has been there for a few days. I do not pay for the ESPN insider. My friend had it for a year and said it was not worth the money. I thought buehrle said he wanted to be with the White sox until they no longer wanted him. Is ESPN just making stuff up again.

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
What is this on ESPN? This has been there for a few days. I do not pay for the ESPN insider. My friend had it for a year and said it was not worth the money. I thought buehrle said he wanted to be with the White sox until they no longer wanted him. Is ESPN just making stuff up again.

Yes. Yes they are.

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
If Buehrle wanted to go, I think we'd have heard it from his mouth by now, and we haven't. The Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network is wrong once again!!!

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
WHO GIVES A RAT'S BEHIND what the Eastern Sports Programming Network says, does or thinks.

Why are you wasting your valuable time?

Lip

Sox35th
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM

My buddy made the trip to K.C. and meet Mark's dad at the hotel that he was staying...........he did ask Mark's dad if Mark had any plans to pitch for the Cards. His dad stated that Mark loves the Sox / Chicago and has NO plans to talk or play for the Cards. (So, I guess Mark plans on staying as long as the Sox want him?)

RKMeibalane
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
http://personales.ciudad.com.ar/golem85/thread%20sucks.jpg

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Perhaps we should contact Aaron Rowand's wife for clarification.

MUsoxfan
04-19-2006, 08:50 PM

Ahhh....the voice of reason:tongue:

ChiSoxNationPres
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM

I saw this too, I was hoping someone here has insider and could tell us what it says.

Blueprint1
04-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Sorry guys I just wanted to know what they were saying. I didn't mean to waste everyones time.

jenn2080
04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
yes this is def a rumor. i read something about this today. he said that he said something about it along time ago and people made a huge deal about it so he kept making jokes about it. he said he dont think he would ever want to play there because of it being the home town

oeo
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM

:rolling:

Nicely done.

KRS1
04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Come on didnt you guys hear that Mark is pissed about the tarp sliding fine, and now vows to leave town for St. Louis. I mean everyone in the media seems to know this why dont you?

IlliniSox4Life
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
There is truth to it, as Buehrle seems to have a desire to play for Saint Louis at some point, but he seems torn on the issue himself.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060330&content_id=1374516&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

"I would like to play there one day in my career," Buehrle added of St. Louis. "But I don't know if playing there and signing a big deal and spending five years there, if I would like that too much. Obviously, I like it here and would love to stay here."

IronFisk
04-19-2006, 09:25 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/thread-delivers.jpg

I want Mags back
04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
what was the first word in the title of this thread

RUMOR

Dude, what's the score

I want Mags back
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
what was the first word in the title of this thread

RUMOR

Dude, what's the score

wow our mods are great, and fast too

CLR01
04-19-2006, 09:55 PM
There is truth to it, as Buehrle seems to have a desire to play for Saint Louis at some point, but he seems torn on the issue himself.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060330&content_id=1374516&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

And in the Sun-Times(Sorry but it's Cowley (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep19.html)):

"The whole Cardinals thing, I don't really know if I could sign with them, to be honest with you,'' Buehrle said. "If the Cardinals and White Sox came in and said, 'Here, five years for the same amount of money' or slightly apart, I don't know if I could sign with the Cardinals. There's a lot of stuff that comes with that, a lot of distractions. I've talked to people that play in their hometown, and they say it's almost too big of a distraction.

"Not to say that it won't happen or I won't go somewhere else, but the St. Louis stuff was all a joke. I did it the one time joking around, it got back here and was made into such a big deal, so I did it again just because everyone made such a big deal about it. That's the kind of guy I am. I like to screw around and have fun.''

UofCSoxFan
04-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Basically it is ESPN putting two and two together and getting 5.

It says basically that StL has a ton of contracts expiring when Buerhle's deal runs out, so they'd love to have Mark and since Mark is from StL he may want to play there, so it is something to keep an eye on.

I mean its not exactly mind boggling to me. Rumors like this were abound before Mark signed his extension.

StL is a great baseball town, as is Chicago. If I was from there I'd probably want to play there at least as a backup option, which I think it is at this point, a backup option.

bleacher reacher
04-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Any ESPN Insiders out there that would summarize the Rumor Central article about Buehrle - South Side or St Louis?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors

Just curious if there is anything new or interesting.

spiffie
04-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Any ESPN Insiders out there that would summarize the Rumor Central article about Buehrle - South Side or St Louis?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors

Just curious if there is anything new or interesting.
Nothing of note. It just summarizes the local newspaper article from here that talked about KW joking about Mark's desire to go to St. Louis.

bleacher reacher
04-20-2006, 12:41 PM
OK - Thanks for your help!

cbrownson13
04-20-2006, 01:45 PM
It does talk about KW saying the whole "Buehrle to St. Louis thing is getting old." He said Buehrle talking about it once or twice could be taken as a joke, but three times and he starts to think he's serious. Buehrle's quoted as saying if it came down to the Cards and Sox with the same amount of money and same amount of year it would be hard to pick the Cardinals because he doesn't think pitching in your hometown is a good career move.

ViPeRx007
04-20-2006, 01:49 PM
It does talk about KW saying the whole "Buehrle to St. Louis thing is getting old." He said Buehrle talking about it once or twice could be taken as a joke, but three times and he starts to think he's serious. Buehrle's quoted as saying if it came down to the Cards and Sox with the same amount of money and same amount of year it would be hard to pick the Cardinals because he doesn't think pitching in your hometown is a good career move.

And he's probably right.

Tekijawa
04-20-2006, 01:55 PM
And he's probably right.

Yeah, Clemens seemed to have big problems the past few years throwing in that tiny hitter friendly ballpark of Houston's...

ode to veeck
04-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Sorry, but what a pile of crap from ESPN, trying to manufacture a story that doesn't really exist when there's so much real good material out there ... like the Sox's impressive resurgence after a slow 1st week or Thor's appearance on the south side as if he were a personal messenger from Odin!

WhiteSoxFan84
04-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Mark Buehrle, Paul Konerko, and a TOP prospect for Albert Pujols and Mark Mulder.

You're Kenny Williams (you handsome devil, you! :redneck ) and this trade is offered to you; Yay or Nay?

The way I see it...

Buehrle > Mulder
Pujols >> Konerko
Prospect > Difference between Buehrle/Mulder and Pujols/Konerko

Tragg
04-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Mark Buehrle, Paul Konerko, and a TOP prospect for Albert Pujols and Mark Mulder.

You're Kenny Williams (you handsome devil, you! :redneck ) and this trade is offered to you; Yay or Nay?

The way I see it...

Buehrle > Mulder
Pujols >> Konerko
MB >> Mulder;

MarySwiss
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM

The way I see it...

Buehrle > Mulder
Pujols >> Konerko

Uhhh, no.

wdelaney72
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
MB will sign an extension with the Sox during the next off-season. I will make this bet with ANYONE who wants to argue otherwise.

Ol' No. 2
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM

The way I see it...

Buehrle > Mulder
Pujols >> Konerko
Prospect > Difference between Buehrle/Mulder and Pujols/Konerkohttp://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/healthjournal/mar_apr_97_hj/images/art_images/headache.gif Please make it stop.