PDA

View Full Version : Player appearances

Frontman
04-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Now, I just drove past Toys R Us in Orland, pulled in when I saw to the crowd out front, to find that Mark "No longer able to Slip and Slide" Buehrle is making an appearance and signing merch.

My question is if there is a site or somewhere here on flyingsock.com that lists appearances by players? My son loves Mark, and I would of loved to have taken him, but they are sold out of tickets.

Thanks in advance, and let's go White Sox!

Front

ewokpelts
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
www.csac.biz (http://www.csac.biz)

If you decide to sign up for thier service, please say "Elite Sportscards and Comics" referred you.
Gene

salty99
04-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I was there and got him to sign a Wheaties box and 16 x 20. Some lady bought him a slip n slide.

jenn2080
04-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Anyone know where Neal Cotts is signing tomorrow?

CLR01
04-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Some lady bought him a slip n slide.

:rolling: I wish I could have been there for that.

Frontman
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I was there and got him to sign a Wheaties box and 16 x 20. Some lady bought him a slip n slide.

I saw you and your stuff. (I figured at only 4 years old, he's not into the autographs just yet, he'd get excited just to see him. He was, I felt like cool Dad for bringing him over there.) I was the one walking around with the kid on his shoulders. I was bald, he's got all the curls!

Mark was cool it seems. Like I said, having little/no info was a bit annoying, but I'll check out that site.

Front

ewokpelts
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Anyone know where Neal Cotts is signing tomorrow?Neal Cotts is NOT SIGNING.
He's doing a meet and greet at Harry Carrey's

Info's at www.playerschoiceclub.com (http://www.playerschoiceclub.com)

Gene

salty99
04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
I saw you and your stuff. (I figured at only 4 years old, he's not into the autographs just yet, he'd get excited just to see him. He was, I felt like cool Dad for bringing him over there.) I was the one walking around with the kid on his shoulders. I was bald, he's got all the curls!

Mark was cool it seems. Like I said, having little/no info was a bit annoying, but I'll check out that site.

Front

too bad the signature on the picture turned out dark. he must not have shook the sharpie before he signed it. The Wheaties box turned out well.

bafiarocks03
04-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I was there! Who saw me..and didnt let me in line! I stood there right in front of Mark between 6-7! Then I was sitting outside waiting for him! We made eye contact and such! And Mark seemed to be in a good mood. He was very nice!

Frontman
04-19-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't know you yet, bafiarocks03. What do you look like? Did you see me? Like I said, I was the idiot with the munchkin on his shoulders while trying to work my camera.

:)

It was fun, I hope to actually get some autographs in the future, next time with a bit more warning, I will.

Where you live in Orland? I'm just east of the mall, behind those townhomes.

Front

Garland_IS_God
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I heard he would only be signing baseballs and photos. Was that the case?

salty99
04-19-2006, 10:52 PM
He signed whatever you wanted and yes Bafia I saw you waiting in the parking lot with another girl. Did he sign anything on the way out?

gbergman
04-19-2006, 11:08 PM
not fair why cant he come to fullerton and sign autographs at the local target

cbotnyse
04-20-2006, 10:16 AM

:kneeslap: :roflmao:

BainesHOF
04-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Buehrle was cool. He arrived early, was in a good mood as usual and was accommodating. I told him I saw his slides on Sunday, and asked him who was a better slider, he or Podsednik. He chuckled and said Podsednik since he gets paid to do that.

A couple quick words of advice about signings:

Avoid trying to use a Silver marker whenever possible. They often do not write well. Why waste money, time and an opportunity like that? Stick to blue and black markers on photos, bats, etc., and ballpoint pens on baseballs.

Don't ask for autographs when a player is coming to or leaving a signing. It gives fans a bad name. Be satisfied that the player is doing the signing and get him the proper way. Whether it's a signing like yesterday's or at something like Soxfest, it's embarrassing to see people swarm the players before or after the player just signed hundreds of autographs for people. Give the players a little break and behave with a little dignity.

bafiarocks03
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
He signed whatever you wanted and yes Bafia I saw you waiting in the parking lot with another girl. Did he sign anything on the way out?

sweet! I don't attack the players wehen they leave..I just like to watch..:)

you people don't kwno what I look like come on now...

http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxwolves124

http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxfan14
^my new one..with pics from yesterday! :)

HotelWhiteSox
04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Haha, is that the slip n slide he's holding

DaveIsHere
04-20-2006, 04:00 PM
sweet! I don't attack the players wehen they leave..I just like to watch..:)

you people don't kwno what I look like come on now...

http://www.picturetrail.com/chisoxwolves124

You spelled Photos wrong on your site

hehe

kninchicago
04-20-2006, 04:01 PM
bafia love your pics--you got some great ones of Mark. Did you make that tarp sliding montage? I totally saved that to my computer.

salty99
04-20-2006, 04:09 PM
yes that was the slip n slide along with something else in his hand. I posted two pics in the photo gallery waiting for approval.

bafiarocks03
04-20-2006, 07:20 PM
bafia love your pics--you got some great ones of Mark. Did you make that tarp sliding montage? I totally saved that to my computer.

I definetly did! :) it's for my myspace background!

and no i did not spell it wrong..it's spanish!

Viva Medias B's
04-20-2006, 07:33 PM

:KW
"Ma'am, I am going to have to confiscate that slip n slide."

SouthSidePride11
04-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Nice pics Bafia, wish I could have been able to go

BainesHOF
04-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Just a quick report on the Bobby Jenks appearance Thursday at Carsons at Yorktown...

Good ol' Bobby was in great spirits. He had the rock music literally cranking. It had to be by his request. Lots of people there. He appeared from 6 to 8 p.m. I got there around 7 p.m. after work and got in the VIP line, which you got to go into with a recepit of a $50 purchase of sponsor Perry Ellis clothes. I bought a pair of shirts earlier in the day. It took me about 25 minutes to get a signature, and there weren't many VIPs behind me after that. My guess is that Bobby signed for about a half for those waiting in the free line. Unfortunately that line was real long so a lot of people probably got shut out. The start of the free line began right near Bobby. It was pretty rambunctious with the music cranking and some kids cheering on Bobby the whole time. Overall, it was a fun atmosphere.

Anyone else have a report?

salty99
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
I was there in the free line and happy to report almost everyone in line got an autograph.

BainesHOF
04-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I was there in the free line and happy to report almost everyone in line got an autograph.

Good to know people were rewarded for keeping the faith. I would have been in the free line myself if I had the time to get there early and wait it out. All in all, getting two shirts and a Jenks autograph wasn't a bad deal for $50.

ewokpelts
04-21-2006, 01:59 PM
What was the "free gift" if you bought the clothes(aside from bobby's auto)?
Gene

BainesHOF
04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
What was the "free gift" if you bought the clothes(aside from bobby's auto)?
Gene

It was just a Perry Ellis baseball. I think the first 100 got a goodie bag too but I arrived too late to see any of them.