PDA

View Full Version : Class *teal*

Taliesinrk
04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
"Vazquez was really good. I don't want to take anything away from him, but I think he caught us at a pretty good time," Royals manager Buddy Bell said.

So when he says a "pretty good time"; he's talking about April through October?? *****. you guys got not beaten.. straight up whooped.. don't make excuses BB; it's bush.

quote from ESPN... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260419104

goon
04-19-2006, 06:06 PM
he may have been referring to the fact that they lost 9 straight, prior to this game, and they were using a few backups (Sanders, Buck, Sweeney except for the pinch hit all sat). either way they just got smoked, not doubt about it. i'd like to know what bell's excuse is for monday nights domination...

Jurr
04-19-2006, 07:04 PM
He meant that it was as good a time as any to get no-hit.

Bad team. Slumping. Bench players. There you go.

MUsoxfan
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
They damn near got 1-hit two times IN A SERIES! I'd hate to say it because they're an ALC team, but these guys may very well lose 125 games this year. I think it's a kick in the balls to already have lost to them twice.

Chips
04-19-2006, 07:20 PM
They damn near got 1-hit two times IN A SERIES! I'd hate to say it because they're an ALC team, but these guys may very well lose 125 games this year. I think it's a kick in the balls to already have lost to them twice.

Chris Singleton thinks they will win 70 games. He said it during the first series; he's an idiot.

skobabe8
04-19-2006, 07:24 PM
Chris Singleton thinks they will win 70 games. He said it during the first series; he's an idiot.

Hawk hasnt said a specific number (I dont believe) but he has said a few times that they'll win alot more games this year. After they beat us the first 2 times I felt the same way.

Chips
04-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Hawk hasnt said a specific number (I dont believe) but he has said a few times that they'll win alot more games this year. After they beat us the first 2 times I felt the same way.

That isn't the only reason I think Singleton is an idiot. Hawk is without a doubt wrong. The Royals suck.

santo=dorf
04-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Hell, Kansas ****ty should be winless this season.

JB98
04-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Hell, if they win 65 games, they'll have won a lot more games than they did last year. I don't see that happening. The Royals are a 100-loss team, especially playing in the AL Central.

MUsoxfan
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm pretty sure Hawk has a man-crush on Buddy Bell. That could be the only fathomable reason why he would pick the Royals to win 70 (IIRC) games

soxjim
04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
I think it's a kick in the balls to already have lost to them twice.

Especially how we lost the Friday game in KC. But that's baseball and it's a long season.

Taliesinrk
04-20-2006, 01:40 PM
He meant that it was as good a time as any to get no-hit.

Bad team. Slumping. Bench players. There you go.

I'm just saying.. I don't give a damn if he put A-ball players on the field.. he didn't. They're on a major league roster.. they're major leaguers (by name); therefore, when you get your ass kicked, and you're the leader of a team, don't sit and make excuses becuase your guys sucked.

That statement tries to take away from Javy's performance by making excuses.. to me, that's bush league.

HotelWhiteSox
04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Gammons said last week he thinks they'll lose 120, said he was worried about them

thepaulbowski
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Gammons said last week he thinks they'll lose 120, said he was worried about them

How long til Hangar starts a thread about folding them and that they are a disgrace to the league, blah, blah, blah....

oeo
04-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Hell, Kansas ****ty should be winless this season.
Yeah, we should have won those games, we beat ourselves. Tough start to the season for us...oh well, we'll live.

Gavin
04-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Buddy Bell is right. Not to take anything away from Vasquez, but you'd expect a quality SP to have a pretty damn good start against a AAAA team that is benching regulars.