PDA

View Full Version : Trip to New York 7/14

dochocin
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm sure there is already a thread about this, but I cant seem to find it. Anyone making the July New York trip. Im thinking of taking my dad there for Fathers Day for our first trip to NYC. Any ideas on where to stay? Anyone know what hotel the Sox stay at? Please help with whatever info you have.

Thanks guys

Chez
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I highly recommend taking the tour of Yankee Stadium. It starts around noon (unless there is an afternoon game). You can purchase tickets in advance off the Yankees web-site. I've stayed at the Warwick Hotel in Mid-Town. Easy subway ride to the ballpark and a decent location for sightseeing. If you are a Triple A member, the hotel gives you a huge discount on its rates -- hotels are ridiculously expensive in NYC.

jenn2080
04-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Use hotwire. They are the cheapest and all hotels are good.

FJA
04-20-2006, 07:50 AM
http://www.applecorehotels.com/apple-core-hotels/

I've used this group, and the only drawback has been parking. Really good prices and great sightseeing location.

dickallen15
04-20-2006, 08:16 AM
The Sox stay at the Grand Hyatt, right next to Grand Central Station which is very convenient getting to Yankee Stadium. Hotels.com has it for $249 a night right now. You can try hotwire.com, but their 4 star for Midtown East is $224 and it might not be the Grand Hyatt. I probably am going to go, and have stayed at the Grand Hyatt, as well as other hotels in the area. If its very important to you to stay at the team hotel, use hotels.com. If you want a shot at the hotel, and are willing to stay at a different 4 star hotel, you should go to priceline.com and bid on a 4 star, Midtown East. I would put a $145 a night bid right now and see if you get anything. You have plenty of time to re-bid if nothing is available right now. In fact, I wouldn't raise the bid for at least another 2 months, just re-bid every 3 days and see if you get it. The Grand Hyatt comes up a lot, I got it in 2002 and 2003.