PDA

View Full Version : Pods is on Fire!

comet2k
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
He's had 2 hits in each of the last 4 games, going 8 for 16, and scored 5 runs, including at least one each game. His average is up to .204 after today, and I believe it was below .100 as recently as Saturday. Good to see him come around.

patbooyah
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
as hawk said, "he-back!"

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
He's had 2 hits in each of the last 4 games, going 8 for 16, and scored 5 runs, including at least one each game. His average is up to .204 after today, and I believe it was below .100 as recently as Saturday. Good to see him come around.

I wouldn't really call that "on fire". (.204)

patbooyah
04-19-2006, 04:46 PM

he is hitting .500 over the last four games.

johnnyg83
04-19-2006, 04:49 PM
It's the hottest .204 I've ever seen.

drewcifer
04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
The hitting streak is great, but I still don't think he's being stingy enough at the plate. He should be pushing pitchers deep, try to get some more walks to compliment the hits (he has dreadfully too few BBs for a leadoff).

It's OBP we want out of Scottie fellas, not just batting average.

jenn2080
04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Go Pods!!!! I knew he would come out of it.

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2006, 04:57 PM
he is hitting .500 over the last four games.

He also got thrown out by Bako........TWICE!!

patbooyah
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM

yeah, but those were two exceptional plays by bako. the first one he had a great release and the location was perfect, and the second one was on a high and outside pitch that got bako out of his stance in a hurry. it was also a perfect throw. i give bako credit more than i take away from pods.

comet2k
04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
The hitting streak is great, but I still don't think he's being stingy enough at the plate. He should be pushing pitchers deep, try to get some more walks to compliment the hits (he has dreadfully too few BBs for a leadoff).

It's OBP we want out of Scottie fellas, not just batting average.

You're right. He has had only one walk the last four games, so his OBP has been only .529 during that stretch.

miker
04-19-2006, 05:09 PM
yeah, but those were two exceptional plays by bako. the first one he had a great release and the location was perfect, and the second one was on a high and outside pitch that got bako out of his stance in a hurry. it was also a perfect throw. i give bako credit more than i take away from pods.
Good call. I can't get upset when the opponent makes a great play.

Pods will get his SBs. In the meantime, I'm just sitting back and watching Scotty('s batting average) grow!

drewcifer
04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
You're right. He has had only one walk the last four games, so his OBP has been only .529 during that stretch.

Look buddy - I know his OBP and BA are great the last 4 games! I even said it. But his focus should be getting on base anyway he can. If he's not hitting (like he wasn't the first 11 games), I'd like to see him hold out, especially on hitters counts, and try to draw more walks.

He has 3 in 54 AB. THAT IS BAD for a leadoff hitter. (Ichrio is hitting .171, but has a .279 OBP and 7 walks).

Go easy - Not being a dark cloud here or anything, but don't EXPECT Pods to go 2 or 3 fer everynight....

Get my point now?

jongarlandlover
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
whoot! go pods! i knew he'd come around eventually.

oeo
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM

I would, he's swinging the bat nicely lately. Ignore his batting average on the year, it's not relevant at this point, he had a tough start and now he's playing nicely...that's what matters.

oeo
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
:rolleyes:

I knew someone was going to say something about this...it's never that the other team makes the good plays, it's always us that are making the bad ones. So he got thrown out on a couple of nice throws by Bako, who cares?

For some reason you're doing everything you can to doubt that Pods is coming back to form...

Chisox003
04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Chicken Dinner = Homefish Jr.

It's not just this thread, it's becoming a trend. :rolleyes:

Pods is back, he's hitting the ball hard to all fields, and the speed will come. Just him getting on base and posing the THREAT is going to improve our lineup that much more.

kobo
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Look buddy - I know his OBP and BA are great the last 4 games! I even said it. But his focus should be getting on base anyway he can. If he's not hitting (like he wasn't the first 11 games), I'd like to see him hold out, especially on hitters counts, and try to draw more walks.

He has 3 in 54 AB. THAT IS BAD for a leadoff hitter. (Ichrio is hitting .171, but has a .279 OBP and 7 walks).

Go easy - Not being a dark cloud here or anything, but don't EXPECT Pods to go 2 or 3 fer everynight....

Get my point now?
Well, if Thome, Konerko, and Dye keep doing what they are doing, Pods may see less pitches he can take and may be forced to swing the bat more often. He's not going to walk as much as he did last season or as much as some other leadoff guys do because I think he's going to see better pitches to hit.

drewcifer
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Fellas - I hope I'm not getting lumped into this and being taken the wrong way....

Pods needs to be on base more.

Up to Ozzie and Baines and the rest to make the calls on the steals. I don't care if he gets thrown out, but he damn sure has to get on base more than he has (last 4 games aside).

drewcifer
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, if Thome, Konerko, and Dye keep doing what they are doing, Pods may see less pitches he can take and may be forced to swing the bat more often. He's not going to walk as much as he did last season or as much as some other leadoff guys do because I think he's going to see better pitches to hit.

Wow - Are you serious?

Don't make me show you how many walks Damon has (oops - couldn't hold it - 8) and he has Jeter hitting like .300 behind him, and then Sheff and then A-Rod, and then Giambi, and then, and then.... Oh, and Damon hitting almost .300 himself.

He (Pods) needs to draw walks and the Thome/Konerko/Dye combination is not scaring any pitcher when they're looking at Scottie.

Be real.

Gotta do things right. Getting the W's now and I love Pods hitting finally, but gotta learn everyday. Always can do things better when the next 1 for 29 comes around.

soxfanatlanta
04-19-2006, 07:29 PM
I have never considered Pods to be in the upper tier of leadoff men, from an OBP perspective alone. If you consider the great success the Sox have when he does get on base, you have to put him up there. Right now, I suspect the pitches are looking like beach balls to him - so he's going to swing; and why the hell not? His timing is back! I believe he will become more selective when the time comes.

I'm not too concerned with the steals right now; swiping bases needs good timing (similar to hitting). He will get better, so just sit back and enjoy.

FarWestChicago
04-19-2006, 07:36 PM

It's not just this thread, it's becoming a trend. :rolleyes:You got that right. He's a wannabe HomeFish. Now there is a goal in life. At least the Fish has graphing skills. :redneck

tick53
04-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Great to see him back in form. We need him to ignite it all:bandance:

CLR01
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
You got that right. He's a wannabe HomeFish. Now there is a goal in life. At least the Fish has graphing skills. :redneck

No kidding. His user group should be changed to apprentice.

TheOldRoman
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM

It's not just this thread, it's becoming a trend. :rolleyes:

Pods is back, he's hitting the ball hard to all fields, and the speed will come. Just him getting on base and posing the THREAT is going to improve our lineup that much more. Yep, but he still isn't as bad as this particular imbecile:
So who is a great leadoff hitter? Ricky Henderson, yeah! Derek Jeter, sure! Scott Podsednik--you got be kidding. He will lucky to be in the majors in two years.
And that was just during a hitting slump. Imagine how he will whine when Scotty makes an error or gets thrown out a few more times.

MrRoboto83
04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Amazing that some people were saying that Scottie needed to be sent down to the minors.

Frontman
04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I never got the thought behind sending him down to the minors as being an aid in getting his OBP up. Scott needed some luck, (yeah, luck) more plate appearances, and to get his confidence up. He got some pitches to go his way, some hits to fall where they got him on base. He's now stealing again, and all will work out over time. Remember, this is a game that over your entire career, if you can get on base just over 3 out of 10 times, you're considered great.

Scotty will be fine. I think now that Scott is doing better, BA will start to do better (remember, BA bats prior to Scott once we get through the order. If BA took and gave any thought to Scott struggling, it might of effected his own performance, as in "Man, I HAVE to get on-base, don't want to give another out prior to Iguchi/Thome/Konerko, especially if Scott's struggling." What's the worry?)

The White Sox are on top of the division, the middle of the order is on fire right now, and Scott is beginning to set the stage a little better.

Go Sox!

Front