HotelWhiteSox
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
:sweep:

HomeFish
04-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Amazing start by Javier.

box013
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
That's the Vazquez I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this year!

MarySwiss
04-19-2006, 03:43 PM
OF COURSE, I get to write the TBGR! Where the hell do I start? :D:

DieTrying79
04-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Na Na Na Na...hey, hey, hey-GOODBYE! Sweep 'em up!

GregoryEtc
1 run on 11 hits... FOR THE SERIES!!!!!!!

I don't care if it was against the lowly Royals... that is one amazing line.

The dark clouds are suddenly missing.

Baby Fisk
Three no-nonsense games against the cellar-dwellers. Nice. :thumbsup:

Granted, it was the Royals, but our rotation is firing on all cylinders. Hot damn! Time for a prolonged win streak to remind all the naysayers that the Sox showed them up last year, and will do so again. :bandance:

cbotnyse
04-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Royal Flush is right! made it look easy! :sweep

MeteorsSox4367
Good news: Javy Vazquez was awesome. Welcome to the rotation.

Bad news: Listening to Chris Singleton do play-by-play for an inning on the radio. Damn, that's painful.

MsSoxVixen22
Vasquez was awesome! Enjoy your day off boys and go get them Twinkies! :bandance:

kraut83
Great pitching by Vaz today! Nice momentum going into the Twins series this weekend.

I think the Royals are pretty much eliminated from contention already.

Corlose 15
I wonder if people think the Sox still need to be careful with Vazquez. Outstanding job by Javy today. In the three game series the Sox outscored KC 17-1 that is called domination.

RockyMtnSoxFan
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
For what it's worth, that was the second highest Game Score (according to ESPN -> http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/bestgames) in the AL this year, just behind Hendrickson's shutout.

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Bring on the Twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:wink:

TheOldRoman
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Great win by the Sox, great start by Javier.
However, I don't think there is a person alive I would hate see break up a Sox no hitter more than Mientkiewicz. He is a true piece of human garbage.:angry::angry: He is a crappy hitter, and it makes it even worse that he got the hit on an "excuse me" swing.

Unregistered
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Now the question remains: did the pitching dominate this series or are the Royals just REALLY, REALLY bad? JC and the pen threw a 1-hitter in the first game and Vazquez came 9 outs from throwing a no-hitter in this one. Our staff obviously rules, but I'm trying to figure out what the balance is...

SoxSpeed22
04-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Excellent series, sweep them and carry momentum into a series against the Twins.:bandance:

Sox83Kid
04-19-2006, 03:55 PM
A fantastic start by Javier! (I give him 2 na na's) I tend to think he could have stayed in a little longer, but I ain't complainin'!:supernana: :supernana:

Ol' No. 2
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Now the question remains: did the pitching dominate this series or are the Royals just REALLY, REALLY bad? JC and the pen threw a 1-hitter in the first game and Vazquez came 9 outs from throwing a no-hitter in this one. Our staff obviously rules, but I'm trying to figure out what the balance is...That's what I'm trying to figure out. Either the Sox might not lose another game all season or the Royals might not win one.:o:

How did they lose two games to these putzes?

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Now the question remains: did the pitching dominate this series or are the Royals just REALLY, REALLY bad? JC and the pen threw a 1-hitter in the first game and Vazquez came 9 outs from throwing a no-hitter in this one. Our staff obviously rules, but I'm trying to figure out what the balance is...

I don't know, I think I'd give the credit to the pitchers. It's one thing to give up 1 run by getting out of a bunch of jams. But there was no luck here. They didn't even let them reach base.

IlliniSox4Life
04-19-2006, 04:00 PM
9-1 in our last 10 games. I'll definately take that.

infohawk
04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Getting the sweep makes up for losing two out of three to these guys during week one. I know I feel much better!:D:

Baby Fisk
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Royals fans side with the former. Their board is part-funeral home, part-prison riot this afternoon... linky (http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/index1.html)

Choice quote:

Would it be possible to somehow get word out to every fan to boycott an upcoming Royals home game (not a weekend game, but a weeknight where only 5,000 would show up anyway).

I want to see a game in which absolutely every seat is empty at the K, just to make sure Mr. Glass has a clear understanding that while we fans voted to "save the team," we are not going to support THIS particular piss-poor excuse for a team.

I guess I'm just dreaming, but it would be pretty damn cool to see every single seat empty.

LongLiveFisk
04-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Great win by the Sox, great start by Javier.
However, I don't think there is a person alive I would hate see break up a Sox no hitter more than Mientkiewicz. He is a true piece of human garbage.:angry::angry: He is a crappy hitter, and it makes it even worse that he got the hit on an "excuse me" swing.

Yeah, I can't stand the guy either. I'm actually glad it wasn't the only hit the Royals got or I really would have been pissed! :D:

champagne030
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Either the Sox might not lose another game all season or the Royals might not win one.:o:

How did they lose two games to these putzes?

Pablo can't catch a fly ball and Cliff blows a victory by giving up a game winning homer to Sweeney.:tongue:

Seriously, we should be 13-2.

Fabs
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Yay Sox! :bandance: Great game despite having to listen to it on the radio:(: . Play by play was w.. e.. a.. k
Friday: Buehrle vs Santana, bring on the Twinkies!

hawkjt
04-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Javy was absolutely filthy out there today. I have to think he has the second best ''stuff'' on the rotation behind only Jose.

I think the sox have a chance to challenge for a second divisional title with the guys that go to the bump every nite.

Elarton was his own worse enemy and the KC pitching the last two nites with Afelt and Elarton was not bad but will they score enough runs to win 50 games?

The indians might go 19-0 against these guys, joking. but the sox cannot lose too many more to the royals cuz they are going be hopeless.

Wayytogo Juan!!!!! Only really hard hit ball all day. Lets get our hitting shoes on for Santana.

palehozenychicty
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Nice game by Javy and timely hitting throughout the lineup. Bring on Santana!:D:

spawn
04-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I think it's a combination of both. The staff is really good and KC really sucks. The two losses to these guys was due to Garland leaving too many pitches in the zone to hit the first game, and Sweeney doing what he does best- kill Sox pitching- with his 2-run shot to win the second game.

Pureone
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
How bad can our pitching be, we didn't have decent games, we dominated them. :bandance:

SouthSideSid
04-19-2006, 04:41 PM
GREAT SERIES - yes, against the Royals. But, the Royals did give the Yankees some work in their series earlier this year.
Seeing the pitching staff put together stellar start after stellar start after solid start (Freddy) is the most encouraging.

Pitching - Defense - Timely Hitting - all we needed last year and all it will take this year.

Sargeant79
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I tend to think he could have stayed in a little longer, but I ain't complainin'!:supernana: :supernana:

I just got back from the game...I said the same thing when Ozzie came to get Javi in the 9th. Granted, his pitch count was at 108, IIRC, but I think it would have been a good choice to at least see if he can get the next batter out. If not, yank him then, but if he did, he should have been given the opportunity to finish.

Also, it would have been nice if the bullpen didn't allow the 9th to get as interesting as it did. But a win's a win. Nice to see Uribe with shot too. All around a great day.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Get flushed.

A great win on a great day. Took the little one with and it was an awesome experience (see the "babies at the ballpark" thread for my report). Now if those bozo Orioles can beat Cleveland tonight, it will be an amazing day.

Sig update time...

pdimas
04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow this poor guy should be on a suicide watch. http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/messages/29476.html

Frankfan4life
04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
I had a great time at the ballpark today. This was my first win of the season! :bandance: Vazquez was just dominating!! I agree with Ozzie for taking him out after he gave up a hard single in the 9th. That seemed to be a sign that he was tiring. He left with a well-deserved standing "O."

P.S. Those are nice seats Brian26!

Frankfan4life
04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Now if those bozo Orioles can beat Cleveland tonight, it will be an amazing day.

Sig update time...By the way, that game is on ESPN2 right now.

Cleveland 1, Orioles 0 in the 1st.

gobears1987
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
9 of th elast 10!!!!:o:

Who's slumping now Cubune?

JB98
04-19-2006, 06:57 PM
9 of th elast 10!!!!:o:

Who's slumping now Cubune?

But the Sox starters didn't win a single game the first time through the rotation. They are obviously overrated. They have nothing on Big Z and Greggy-Poo, who is still a Cy Young quality pitcher at age 40. And the Sox bullpen is not reliable. And Podsednik can't hit. And Garland's season of a year ago was obviously a fluke.

The Bone
04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
I was at the game, as well. Great game.

I hate Doug M. What a joke he is.

Now it would be nice if Cleveland started losing a little.

Theanticub
04-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Amazing start by Javier.

Amazing doesn't even start to explain it. As a pitcher myself....he was hitting every location, and his late breaking curve was getting all over those Royals.

Great game, Pods is on, Uribe first dinger....Thome scores again...

I liked everything about this game, except for Bako throwing pods out twice...he's just got a good arm..nothing more than that imo.

JoeClutch24
04-19-2006, 07:25 PM
9 outta the last 10 I love it!!

Deebs14
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Vazquez was downright filthy this afternoon! Glad to see both him and Garland with very solid outings the last two days, especially before they start off the upcoming roadtrip next week. :smile:

TaquitoElGoocho
04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
A beautiful day at the ballpark, although showers would have been helpful because Vazquez was en fuego. I lost count of his strikeouts.

Nice shot by Uribe in the 5th. Uribe/Cintron made a good team today, as well.

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
That was about as dominating a performance as you are going to see...even if it was against the Triple A Royals!

:D:

Lip

IronFisk
04-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I was at the game, as well. Great game.

I hate Doug M. What a joke he is.

Now it would be nice if Cleveland started losing a little.

:welcome:

Norberto7
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Royals fans side with the former. Their board is part-funeral home, part-prison riot this afternoon... linky (http://www.royalboard.com/baseball/index1.html)
That board rules. A sample of some thread titles:

-could we lose 160 gmaes????
-Paul Bako sucks
-Today's lineup the worst in BB History?
-The whole team is sucking
-You Know, We're Only 6.5 Back
-Does Vegas offer losing streak bets?
-Start Paul Bako
-Baird doesn't want guys who do things like walk a lot
-That's it. When does college football start?

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 09:35 PM
This is the type of homestand our Sox needed to get on the right track to duplicating last season. It's quite weird to see an offense clicking so well. I like our combination of speed, power, and hitting savvy. Kenny Williams gets major props from me for putting together what could be a perrennial contender!!!

soxjim
04-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Was able to watch the game at work. Made an antenna out of a pair of suspendors.

I want Mags back
04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Orioles 18
Tribe 9

1st Sox 10-5
2nd Jndjans 9-6

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

SectionBNole
04-19-2006, 09:43 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:

First Place!

Chisox003
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
*OFFICIAL*

It's April 19th

ohiosoxfan12
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Hell Yes!!!

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I think this calls for a :gulp: and a :supernana: !!!

Woo hoo, GO SOX!!! And hopes we stay there for the remainder of the season!!!

soxjim
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I hope cleveland gets real comfortable in 2nd place.:supernana:

itsnotrequired
04-19-2006, 09:47 PM
I'll enjoy it while I can but I have the feeling that this will be a back and forth affair this year. Still, tonight is a night for :gulp:.

infohawk
04-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't know the extent of it, but Cleveland had two relievers go down during the game because of injury. Bentacourt and some other guy. Miller?

MUsoxfan
04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I don't know the extent of it, but Cleveland had two relievers go down during the game because of injury. Bentacourt and some other guy. Miller?

I feel a major roster shakeup as far as the bullpen is concerned. They could have 3 minor league arms in the pen soon if Betancourt and Miller's injuries are anything significant. I also don't feel that Denny "Batting Practice" Graves is long for the team and it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the waiver wire very soon.

Fabs
04-19-2006, 09:56 PM
YES! THis calls for a dozen dancing bananas!
But I can't post that many, so take these 3 times 4!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

soxjim
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
What a great day. The SOX win, the Bulls win, my softball team won and just found out I will be in section 148 on Friday. This calls for a :gulp:

Dan Mega
04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
1st place, muahahahaha!:D:

IlliniSox4Life
04-19-2006, 10:30 PM
That board rules. A sample of some thread titles:

-could we lose 160 gmaes????
-Paul Bako sucks
-Today's lineup the worst in BB History?
-The whole team is sucking
-You Know, We're Only 6.5 Back
-Does Vegas offer losing streak bets?
-Start Paul Bako
-Baird doesn't want guys who do things like walk a lot
-That's it. When does college football start?

Man, that is a great site. There were a lot of people on there who were calling a no hitter before the game even started. They were almost right.

JoeClutch24
04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
:winner :indianslose
the bulls win, and a sweep on 2 hit ball by Vazquez! WHAT A DAY!

thomas35forever
04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
"Royal Flush" has become a common term in baseball over the past couple of years. Glad to see it still going!!!!:D: Also, was Elarton wild today?

PeteWard
04-19-2006, 11:02 PM
KC came into the series with a seven-game losing streak. I figured the law of averages was way, way against the Sox sweeping and was ready to be happy with 2 of 3. No matter how bad KC is, this was great to be able to pull off the sweep. Now the Tribe has to try to make them lose 13 in a row. I don't think that's going to happen and I even think KC is now set up to win that series at home. Time to derail the Twins as well, who I think will be as close to us as Cleveland all year.

Sargeant79
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Also, was Elarton wild today?

Yes.

He had a real hard time finding the strike zone in the first two innings, and I believe his pitch count was at 42 before the third began. Then he settled down for a couple more innings and then he started losing it again the inning or so before he was taken out. Several wild pitches or pitches in the dirt, plus a lot of pitches that were way, way outside. He looked really bad at some points today.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
...Time to derail the Twins as well, who I think will be as close to us as Cleveland all year.
Pulled another win out of their asses today. Down 9-4 at one point, but K-Rod loads the bases and walks in the tying run with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. J.C. Romero helped out his former 'mates in the 10th by serving up a two-run homer to Cuddyer.

Oh well, at least the aforementioned "law of averages" won't have us facing the Twins on a 4-game losing streak!

p.s. Boy, the AL West is looking pretty weak - every team in the division will be below .500 once the Tigers put the A's out of their misery.

Flight #24
04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Apologies if this is old news, but rotoworld reports that the Royals sent 91 men to the plate in the 3 game series, which is 10 over the minimum. For the series.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/112653_90x135.jpg

"And there's more where that came from! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

voodoochile
04-20-2006, 12:45 AM
:winner :indianslose

All the little chicks in the crimson lips
go "Cleveland Sucks! Cleveland Sucks!"

Hey Toons... Bite me...

No need for big font... it's only April 19th...:)

I feel like :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :supernana:

LuvSox
04-20-2006, 12:50 AM
All the little chicks in the crimson lips
go "Cleveland Sucks! Cleveland Sucks!"

Hey Toons... Bite me...

No need for big font... it's only April 19th...:)

I feel like :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :moonwalk: :supernana:

I like that attitude! Especially from a Mod!!!!!!!!

MERPER
04-20-2006, 01:43 AM

The Royals offense consists of some good hitters, veteran guys... they have been hitting decent, but their starting pitching HAS YET TO GET 1 WIN COMBINED!!!!!!

Our pitchers made Mark Grudzielanek, Reggie Sanders, Mike Sweeney, and Tony Graffanino look foolish... o, and truthfully as Hawk will tell ya.. Shane Costa is a talented hitter....

mccoydp
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Wish I posted earlier, but I've been swamped.

Great game by Javier. I really thought he was going to pitch the no-no. Great job by Bobby Jenks by cleaning up Neal Cotts' mess.

:winner: