PDA

View Full Version : DJ on Play by Play

FoulTerritory
04-19-2006, 02:26 PM
I can't recall DJ doing any of his "stints" as the play by play guy this year. What happened to "uh oh"??

I'm not saying I miss it. But I'm wondering if they just scrapped that experiment after last season.

alohafri
04-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I can't recall DJ doing any of his "stints" as the play by play guy this year. What happened to "uh oh"??

I'm not saying I miss it. But I'm wondering if they just scrapped that experiment after last season.

I would rather see DJ do play by play than Singleton. His voice is such a high, forced monotone, I can't tell what is going on unless I am intensely listening.

hawkjt
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
He was doing play by play in the 5th today when Juan led off with a homer.

DJ was caught off guard as he did not think it was hit that well. No uh-uh , really no reaction at all.

But I agree with many that DJ is an easier listen so far this year.

Laughed at the Brokeback Dreams line by Hawk toward DJ earlier after a male e-mailer said he was dreaming of DJ. Gay joking from hawk? whoduthunkit.

tick53
04-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Would'nt You?

HITMEN OF 77
04-19-2006, 09:42 PM
He was also doing play by play today in the top of the 2nd or 3rd I think it was. For about 2 houts then Hawk came back.

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
I would rather they scrapped DJ instead of the 'experiment...'

Uh-Oh....

Lame....really, really lame.

Lip

Bobbo35
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Wasn't the reason why DJ was doing play by play last year because Hawk was out with his eye surgery? I know DJ would do it here and there for an inning, but nothing special.

MISoxfan
04-19-2006, 09:51 PM
He was doing play by play in the 5th today when Juan led off with a homer.

DJ was caught off guard as he did not think it was hit that well. No uh-uh , really no reaction at all.

But I agree with many that DJ is an easier listen so far this year.

Laughed at the Brokeback Dreams line by Hawk toward DJ earlier after a male e-mailer said he was dreaming of DJ. Gay joking from hawk? whoduthunkit.

DJ had me laughing when he was talking about how the Royals have a nice uniform. I think DJ has really improved over the years.

oeo
04-19-2006, 09:54 PM
DJ had me laughing when he was talking about how the Royals have a nice uniform. I think DJ has really improved over the years.

Yeah, I was laughing at the stupidity.

"If you're wondering why I said the Royals' uniforms are nice, it's because, well they're nice."

But I do agree with him, those new road uniforms are nice.

itsnotrequired
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I would rather see DJ do play by play than Singleton. His voice is such a high, forced monotone, I can't tell what is going on unless I am intensely listening.

I don't know what it is about this post but for some reason, I can't stop laughing. All I see is visions of alohafri crouched in front of the speaker, brow furrowed with ultimate intensity.

:D:

Realist
04-19-2006, 11:12 PM
I love DJ now.

TomParrish79
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
i miss UH OH...that call was great...I laughed everytime I heard it