PDA

View Full Version : Real Replica Rings

JohnTucker0814
04-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I've talked to a jeweler that i know to see if he could replicate the world series rings, using CZ instead of diamonds and he said it would be very costly to do this for just 1 ring. But he said if you were making a lot of them, it may be more costly. He even said it might not be much more expensive using diamonds, he said gold is very expensive so you'd save more money using something other than gold. Would any of you be interested in purchasing one of these rings? I'm certain he would have to have a certain amount ordered before he would do it, but I'd really love to get one done... I'd pay up to maybe $500.

What are your thoughts?

WhiteSoxFan5644
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm in. Let me know the details when they come availble. Email me at whitesoxfan56@hotmail.com

JohnTucker0814
04-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey guys... I'm not asking for money or anything like that... I'm just wanting to know the interest. If I think there is enough interest, I'm willing to pay for a sample to show everyone so you know what you're buying...

I really want one bad!!!! But I need to order a lot to get the price reasonable...

Nellie_Fox
04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
I think that if the jeweler starts to look into it seriously, he is going to find that he'd have to pay MLB a licensing fee to be allowed to use the Sox logo, etc. That will push the cost back up again.

JohnTucker0814
04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I would think the only concern is the MLB logo on the side of the ring with our name? The Sox logo on the top of the ring only resembles the real logo... you can't duplicate the Sox logo in diamonds...???

soxwon
04-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I think that if the jeweler starts to look into it seriously, he is going to find that he'd have to pay MLB a licensing fee to be allowed to use the Sox logo, etc. That will push the cost back up again.

MLB doesnt have to know!!!
do it on the side and keep your mouths shut.

BeviBall!
04-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe you could start slowly by picking up a baseball, then start swinging a bat, you could carve through the independent leagues in no time and get a spot in rookie ball. Then, work your way to AAA and maybe, just maybe, get a cup of tea in the show... all in a year the big club wins it all.

Rings are for the players and obsession has to have limits.

ws05champs
04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
I suspect the Sox may wait until the ring raffle is over then announce the availability of a CZ version like the one Boston offered their fans.

voodoochile
04-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Before any of this gets off the ground, you need to consider how you are going to go about the transactions, because I have serious reservations about several aspects of this deal.

Copyright infringement.

Marketing the rings here.

You all should take this to e-mail or to a different Sox forum, IMO. This has bannable offense written all over it.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-20-2006, 02:49 AM

The White Sox were offered the opportunity to issue WS Championship rings for purchase by the general public (as the Red Sox did) but declined (which I think is the correct decision). They came up with the charity raffle (which is an even better decision).

I would say the chances are slim and none (and slim just left the building) of JR ever authorizing a ring for sale to the general public (outside of the replica rings given away on ring day - maybe they will reproduce those for sale in the gift shop either for profit or for charity).

Steelrod
04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
I would think the only concern is the MLB logo on the side of the ring with our name? The Sox logo on the top of the ring only resembles the real logo... you can't duplicate the Sox logo in diamonds...???
I'm sure MLB would have no problem licensing an unauthorized version of the ring, not to mention Jostens and Mrs.JMR's design. Be prepared to pony up a couple million and then you can knock 'em off.