PDA

View Full Version : Ozzies all-star coaches

hawkjt
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
It kind of surprised me that Oz is probably going to invite Eric Wedge along with John Gibbons to be assistant coaches for the all-star game.

I really have nothing against Wedge but they are our biggest rival at this point and Oz is as competitive as they come. At some point the sox may brawl with the Indians or hit Hafner again.

I actually respect Oz for this as he clearly respects Wedge as a good manager which I think he is. I do not think all guys in Ozzies postion would be as big a man.

He fears no one but respects the good managers.

Or maybe they are friends from the past.

Very interesting.

crazyozzie02
04-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Where did you hear about this. Can we have a source please.

hawkjt
04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
It was in the tribune notes this morning. It indicated that wedge and gibbons were likely to be ozzies all star coaches.

Maybe being new to the fraternity, ozzie is not comfortable with the old managers. Gibbons and wedge are his generation.

Or maybe as Don Corleone said;'' keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.'' joking!

ondafarm
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey, I think it's great to have three guys from teams in the middle of the country working this game at not New York or Boston. As for having Wedge there, I know what I'd do. I'd ask him a few questions about strategy during the game or advice or whatever and hope that I gleaned more information and insight into the manager of my biggest rivals than he gained from me. I'd go for it, but that's just the kind of guy I am.

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Wedge is a good choice. Class act.