PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/19/06

Hangar18
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
The SOX gain 4 extra stories today, but unfortuneately, the Trib has decided to stay even with coverage. Trib does a nice Puff piece on Jacques Jones. Not sure what was being made of the Tribs headline (garland a groupie) Today also marks for about the 5th time, the Mike "Yellow" Kiley publicly clamoring for the Cubs to give Maddux a new contract.
Kiley uses the word "masterful", reminds everyone that Maddux' agent Scott Boras' office is in LosAngeles, and even gratuitiously asks if Maddux has a loyalty to the Cubs. Someone needs to remind Mr Kiley that he doesnt work for the Cubs. Pathetic.

Despite Winning the World Series in 2005, the White SOX inexplicably find themselves lagging far behind in media attention, losing it in favor of a team that finished in 4th place in 2005, and since 1950, has had only 3 90-win seasons. PATHETIC.
Chicago Tribune:
4 cub stories
4 sox stories
Chicago SunTimes:
2 cub stories
6 sox stories
Standings as of Wednesday April 19th, 2006
Priviledged, Media Owned, Media Favored, 4th Place in 2005 Cubs 273
Underdog, Media maligned, Media Ignored, WS Champs in 2005 SOX 248

Hangar18
04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I wasnt sure about counting the Oscar Gamble story as SOX related

miker
04-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Confused? Do what the press does:

If a fact makes your point or preconceived attitude toward the subject, acknowledge it.
If a fact refutes your point or preconceived attitude toward the subject, deny it exists.There's no better way to call out the media then playing the game by their rules.

Hangar18
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Confused? Do what the press does:

If a fact makes your point or preconceived attitude toward the subject, acknowledge it.
If a fact refutes your point or preconceived attitude toward the subject, deny it exists.There's no better way to call out the media then playing the game by their rules.

HEH HEH

miker
04-19-2006, 10:48 AM
HEH HEH
After reviewing my post, please don't get the notion that I do not appreciate your almost-singlehanded crusade against the Tribune's bias, because I think that the bias does exist and deserves to be called out.

Sometimes you just have to slither like the snake to kill it.

maurice
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM

Well, Knue said that a Grace / Sosa story isn't a Cubs story, so . . .
:rolleyes: