PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the new Rick Reilly article

Sxy Mofo
04-19-2006, 09:16 AM
... about Ozzie? I just read it online... it is hilarious, I think it should be in the next SI issue.

m3po
04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Link or copy of text?

Sxy Mofo
04-19-2006, 09:20 AM
it's subscription, i'm not sure what the rules are here about posting subscription stuff, I'll wait til a mod says it's ok, if it is.

Sxy Mofo
04-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Here's a snippit i found funny though talking about his team:

"Besides, says Ozzie, "I don't got to understang them. They got to understang me!... And, anyway, Eenglish ees naw so cood at makeeng sense. Why jew drive een parkway and park een driveway?"

kobo
04-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Here's a snippit i found funny though talking about his team:

"Besides, says Ozzie, "I don't got to understang them. They got to understang me!... And, anyway, Eenglish ees naw so cood at makeeng sense. Why jew drive een parkway and park een driveway?"
Is this a joke? Or did Reilly really write it that way?

Sxy Mofo
04-19-2006, 09:31 AM

The article basically states that ozzie is reilly's favorite manager, but pokes fun at how much trouble chicago beat writers must have.

Iwritecode
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
The article basically states that ozzie is reilly's favorite manager, but pokes fun at how much trouble chicago beat writers must have.

I think you get used to Ozzie and he gets easier to understand the more you listen to him. Sometimes you really have to concentrate to catch all the words though...

Mark
04-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Agreed...it is a funny story.

Here's the first few paragraphs:

Okay, right off the bat, let me be clear: Ozzie Guillen, the manager of the Chicago White Sox, is my favorite person in baseball. He's hilarious. He's the best skipper in the game. He had only an eighth-grade education in Venezuela yet is one of the smartest men you'll ever meet. And he's done a whole lot better in Chicago than I ever would've done in Caracas. My only question is, what the hell did he just say?

I mean, you wanna try it?

Ozzie: "Mang, eet don't take no geenus to play bazebool. Eet don't take no Bay Roo. Jew jus fukkus."

DeOzzified: "Man, it doesn't take a genius to play baseball. It doesn't take Babe Ruth. You just focus."

Here's the link (you might need to be a subscriber):

http://premium.si.cnn.com/pr/subs2/siexclusive/2006/writers/rick_reilly/04/17/reilly0424/index.html

Fabs
04-19-2006, 02:25 PM

He really did writ it just like that, I just read it. It is hysterical, laugh out loud funny.
Scary thing is, my dad talks English just like Ozzie (South American, way south of Oz). It's not the tenure in the states, it's the "I don't give a "hoot" (insert stronger words that can't be posted) what people think" attitude both these strong willed men exude.
I love Ozzie! And of course I love my dad.
:bandance:

buzz90
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Great stuff!

bafiarocks03
04-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I got my SI today! Hilarious stuff! It made me giggle!:D:

esbrechtel
04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
great article, says it is going to be in SI on april 24 at the bottom......

gbergman
04-19-2006, 11:04 PM
the article was great

michned
04-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Reilly was on Dan Patrick today saying Ozzie was upset at him for writing the article in that manner.

TomParrish79
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
i wish i could read that article, i bet its great

Max Power
04-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Good article, but the whole "no one understands Ozzie's English" angle is getting a bit played out. Still nice to see some positive stuff.

davenicholson
04-20-2006, 12:25 PM
i wish i could read that article, i bet its great
Mods--Is it legal to post the link to (or at least the name of) the site that allows one to bypass registration, etc.? :o: