PDA

View Full Version : While going through some old tapes today...

mike squires
04-18-2006, 10:12 PM
While cleaning out my closet I popped in a bunch of old tapes that brought back some memories. Here are some I ran into.

Frank Thomas hitting a bomb, grandslam to help kill the Cardinals. The score was like 13 to 3.

Jose hitting for the cycle.

DJ hitting a broken bat single to right and then Michael Jordan eventually bringing him home on a chopper over the third basmen's head. This was all off Dave Otto.

The begining of a game against the Cardinals with Jim Durham and Wimpy doing the game. Hibbard gets touched for 2 runs in the first. A much thinner Ozzie with a Valentin esqu mustache going.

Kinda cool to see some of the old stuff.

gbergman
04-18-2006, 11:49 PM
While cleaning out my closet I popped in a bunch of old tapes that brought back some memories. Here are some I ran into.

Frank Thomas hitting a bomb, grandslam to help kill the Cardinals. The score was like 13 to 3.

Jose hitting for the cycle.

DJ hitting a broken bat single to right and then Michael Jordan eventually bringing him home on a chopper over the third basmen's head. This was all off Dave Otto.

The begining of a game against the Cardinals with Jim Durham and Wimpy doing the game. Hibbard gets touched for 2 runs in the first. A much thinner Ozzie with a Valentin esqu mustache going.

Kinda cool to see some of the old stuff.
michael jordan, get this guy a tennis racket. Memorable quote from space jam

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Just a few points:

The Sox / Cardinals game you mentioned was from 2000, the Sox won 15-7.

Jose hit for the cycle in 2000. I think it was against Baltimore and it was a 'natural' cycle, meaning in order, he hit a single, double, triple, home run. Very, very rare.

DJ's bloop and MJ's game tying hit in the 9th inning were in the old Crosstown Classic game, played every season from 1985-1995 (95 they had two games..) The Sox NEVER lost one of those going 10-0-2!

I don't think Hibbard faced the Cardinals unless it was a spring exhibition game. They didn't have interleague play when Greg was pitching for the Sox. And with Jim and Paciorek doing the games that means it was off WGN-TV in 1990 (the only year they worked together).

Lip

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Don't mention taped games around here. You might get banned

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
John:

I think that only applies when someone is trying to sell or buy copyrighted material.

Mentioning it is not a problem. Face it, every Sox fan I know has tapes of games.

I myself have an extensive library with full games dating back to 1981 from video. Partial to 1961. Audio goes back to the early 50's.

Lip

mike squires
04-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Just a few points:

The Sox / Cardinals game you mentioned was from 2000, the Sox won 15-7.

Jose hit for the cycle in 2000. I think it was against Baltimore and it was a 'natural' cycle, meaning in order, he hit a single, double, triple, home run. Very, very rare.

DJ's bloop and MJ's game tying hit in the 9th inning were in the old Crosstown Classic game, played every season from 1985-1995 (95 they had two games..) The Sox NEVER lost one of those going 10-0-2!

I don't think Hibbard faced the Cardinals unless it was a spring exhibition game. They didn't have interleague play when Greg was pitching for the Sox. And with Jim and Paciorek doing the games that means it was off WGN-TV in 1990 (the only year they worked together).

Lip

Of course. It was Toronto. I want to say I was at that game and we just got hammered. I don't have the coplete game any more though. I though Black Jack pitched the game I was at. Oh well...yeah, it was Toronto. We were 6 games back of Oakland at the time.