PDA

View Full Version : New Na Na proposal

mike squires
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
With Nancy not at night games this yar I think it's important the Sox try to keep the tradition going somehow. I think it would be cool if the Sox play the original song, not in it's entirety of course, but a verse or two to say goodbye to the pitcher and get the crowd pumped up as well. It would be important not to overdo it and play it only in an important situation or big named pitcher. ANyone want to e-mail Brooks. I don't have teal so can't use it. :)

chisoxmike
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
I've heard Bad Bad LeRoy Brown a few times as the pitching change song when Nancy isn't there. I think that works pretty well.

mike squires
04-18-2006, 11:07 PM
I've heard Bad Bad LeRoy Brown a few times as the pitching change song when Nancy isn't there. I think that works pretty well.

If it pumps the crowd up and helps give the place atmosphere, I'm all for it.

rdwj
04-18-2006, 11:09 PM
The na na hey hey goodbye MUST stay. That's a very cool tradition that I'd hate to see die.

Lip Man 1
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
As Brooks told me regarding using music from another song that would be appropriate for the White Sox ("The Boys Are Back In Town" - Thin Lizzy) it all depends on how much the club would be charged for rights usage.

Send him an e-mail and suggest it. I'm sure he'd at least run it by the lawyers to see what could develop.

Lip

JohnBasedowYoda
04-18-2006, 11:18 PM
I was watching the night game last night (mon) and they seemed to play a recording of her play it. That worked for me because it get's right to it and you don't have to edit a song or anything.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
I like "taunting" before hand with a little...

"RATTLE, RATTLE, I HEAR CATTLE!!! BUUUUUUULLLL-PEEEEENNNNNN BUUUUUULLLL-PEEEEENNNNN"

Then finish 'em with a NaNa Hey Hey Goodbye to get my spirits up!!

But i think the NaNaHeyHey has been entirely too diluted these days. People need to know it and say it. It's tradish. And it drives opposing teams up a wall. (I've heard opposing players complain about how it got to them in some baseball documentaries, although I can't remember which one.)

Steam will never die!

havelj
04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I was watching the night game last night (mon) and they seemed to play a recording of her play it. That worked for me because it get's right to it and you don't have to edit a song or anything.

I understand that they are playing the CD of Nancy's organ playing of it. Good news.

IggyD
04-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Why not play a recording of Nancy playing the na na na..song? That works for me...I need it..I grew up on it............

Frankfan4life
04-19-2006, 12:33 AM
The song is a tradition. Don't "kiss it goodbye."

Bobbo35
04-19-2006, 08:05 AM
I think the song just adds to the atmosphere of the ballpark. When you have a tradition going, don't break it. Brooks is a smart man and will go with what the people say, So Brooks if you are reading this.... keep the song going strong.

Hangar18
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
As Brooks told me regarding using music from another song that would be appropriate for the White Sox ("The Boys Are Back In Town" - Thin Lizzy) it all depends on how much the club would be charged for rights usage.

Send him an e-mail and suggest it. I'm sure he'd at least run it by the lawyers to see what could develop.

Lip

Bad LeRoy Brown between pitching changes is perfect.
Nanana hey hey needs to be used all the time.
Nancy needs to be put back in the booth.

Sox-on-TV44
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
The na na hey hey goodbye MUST stay. That's a very cool tradition that I'd hate to see die.
AMEN!!!!!!!

Sox-on-TV44
04-19-2006, 10:57 AM

Lip
Uhh,we're not the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.Don't use that song!

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Just keep the Na Na Na Na thing legit and actually meaningful--in other words, there's no Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye when they take out Randy Johnson in the 8th and we're losing 6-0. :rolleyes: Use it when it's called for and it's a great thing.

soxfan13
04-19-2006, 11:02 AM

Totally agree she needs to be back in the booth!!!

Steelrod
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I guess we could handcuff her to the booth if she resists!

wdelaney72
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
I'll first preface this by saying, I want Nancy back in the booth for all games. What I don't know is if this is a White Sox decision, or is this Nancy just really wanting the time off. If it's a question of Nancy wanting the time off, they need to hire a new organist. Yes, I know Nancy is one of a kind and irreplaceable, but the alternative of pumping pre-recorded music through the PA is much worse. If Nancy's absence is the result of a push by the White Sox front office, then Brooks and the rest of the front office need to promptly remove their heads from their posterior and end this experiment immediately. I want an organist at the ballpark... period. If not Nancy, then someone else.

Blob
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM

That's what they have done the last couple of games I have been too. That works for me and like I said in an earlier post, most people won't even know she's not there.

CaptainBallz
04-19-2006, 11:33 AM
If everything is indeed Nancy's decision, that should be respected and either

A) They get a new organist for night games
B) They play "canned" Nancy
C) They get AC/DC ...

I was at last Friday's game and it WAS noticeably bad, as others have pointed out.

I think getting a new organist that has his/her own quirks and approach would be great. I'm all about starting new traditions as well as respecting the old ones. Canned music is just too generic to give the ballpark the character it deserves.

anewman35
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM

For the hundreth time, Nancy doesn't WANT to be in the booth. Doesn't that matter to you?

FARMEO
04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I went to last Friday night's game, there was confusion when "Kiss Him Goodbye" wasn't played. Why change that tradition?

voodoochile
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
For the hundreth time, Nancy doesn't WANT to be in the booth. Doesn't that matter to you?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4254&stc=1&d=1145305946

"It's a conspiracy I tell you. The Sox are just being cheap and stupid. They should pay her whatever it takes to get her back in the booth full time. Here, I got some money for Nancy, 1,2,3..."

Lip Man 1
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TV44:

My suggested use of the song was in connection with a pre season commercial 'selling' the upcoming season.

Brooks liked the idea a lot due to the lyrics fitting perfectly (i.e. 'won't be long till Summer comes, now that the boys are here again...) but the cost factor apparently was an issue.

Lip

gobears1987
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
I've heard Bad Bad LeRoy Brown a few times as the pitching change song when Nancy isn't there. I think that works pretty well.hell no. Either na na or nothing.

tacosalbarojas
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
If everything is indeed Nancy's decision, that should be respected and either

A) They get a new organist for night games
B) They play "canned" Nancy
C) They get AC/DC ...

I was at last Friday's game and it WAS noticeably bad, as others have pointed out.

I think getting a new organist that has his/her own quirks and approach would be great. I'm all about starting new traditions as well as respecting the old ones. Canned music is just too generic to give the ballpark the character it deserves.It was a bit better on Monday. As others have mentioned, they've started to play a recording of Nancy doing "Na Na".

wdelaney72
04-19-2006, 03:34 PM
It was a bit better on Monday. As others have mentioned, they've started to play a recording of Nancy doing "Na Na".

Recording doesn't cut it. Hire a new organist.

Blob
04-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Recording doesn't cut it. Hire a new organist.

I'm sure they'll get right on that for you....:rolleyes:

Tekijawa
04-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Would you guys be open to B-List celebrities playing it on the Organ while she's away?

Hawk: "Joining us here in the booth and playing, NA NA NA NA! later in the Game Mr. Omar Epps"

DJ: "Jeff Gordon will be Joining us tomorrow"

tick53
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I forgot who it was, but a couple years ago an opposing pitcher was being
interviewed and he remarked that when he heard "Na Na Hey Hey" as he walked off the field it made him feel horrible. Na Na Stay Stay:D:

BiancaCalzini
04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
In '90 interview with Jeff Torborg, he mentioned how much he HATED losing to the Sox at Comiskey before he came to manage for us: the Na Na Na was not only unbearable as his team left the field, but it followed them into the visitors' clubhouse. He was happy to be on the "giving" end of the barb.
The tradition is too beautiful to die.

Sox-on-TV44
04-22-2006, 10:39 AM
TV44:

My suggested use of the song was in connection with a pre season commercial 'selling' the upcoming season.

Brooks liked the idea a lot due to the lyrics fitting perfectly (i.e. 'won't be long till Summer comes, now that the boys are here again...) but the cost factor apparently was an issue.

Lip
Oh,I sorry

Nevermind!!!!!!