PDA

View Full Version : who else listens to the white sox on xm radio?

richb2
04-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Just curious if anyone else uses xm radio? Since I live in San Jose, Ca it is a blessing to be able to listen to the sox every night, even with Singleton and Farmer calling the game lol.

cws05champ
04-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Yea, I'm down in Florida and have XM, it's great. Although I try and Tivo most of the games on the direct tv MLB pakage so I can see them. This radio team is a little tough to listen to right now but, hey, it's the Sox!!!:D:

skobabe8
04-19-2006, 12:36 AM
I do once in a while just because I can and I'm cool like that. :cool:

Erik The Red
04-19-2006, 12:57 AM
I just got XM last week and the MLB coverage I listen to is mostly limited to Cardinals and Rays games, for obvious reasons.

Bobbo35
04-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Just curious if anyone else uses xm radio? Since I live in San Jose, Ca it is a blessing to be able to listen to the sox every night, even with Singleton and Farmer calling the game lol.

Hey rich, I played arena football in San Jose a couple of years ago. Ever go to any games?

livewir
04-19-2006, 07:50 AM
I'm down in Texas and XM and Mlb.com TV have been life savers. The Baseball morning show on 175 is awesome.

Farmio and Singleton are still finding their groove but I enjoy them.

Frater Perdurabo
04-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I also listen to as many games on XM as I can. I get WGN games but WGN has shown a bunch of weekday games so far, right when I'm at work. Also, I don't get XM reception in my office, so on those days, when I'm not in meetings (like today), I'll have to reply on PBP in WSI Chat!

Farmer and Singleton don't bother me as much as they do many others (although I do very much miss Rooney). I'm just grateful to be able to listen to the games. I also enjoy listening to Sox road games when we XM listeners get the opponent's announcers. They bring a nice "outsider's" perspective to what the Sox are doing that you can't get from the home announcers. Also, it's good to hear the Sox get respect from other teams' announcers; if their comments are indicative, the Sox are one of the most fearsome teams in the MLB.

Some road announcers are annoying (the Yankees' radio team is obnoxious, and one of the Twins announcers is annoying with his high-pitched "swiiiiiiing" call.

Medford Bobby
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
:D: I've had the service since All-Star break last year....it's been beer money well spent......I get to crank up the school speakers at night while the SOX are on............:bandance:

Medford Bobby's 2006 Sox record so far with me in attendence: 0-1:(:

mike42
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
I listen to the XM broadcasts all the time. I have Extra Innings too, but so far this year (probably because of all the day games), I've caught more games on the radio than on the TV.

I like catching some of the other teams broadcasters too. Although it's tough to hear Rooney calling Cardinals games. His call of Mulder's homer from last week sounded a lot like his old Sox calls.

Shoeless_Jim
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
my dad got XM at the beginning of last years season. We live in Columbus Ohio so we cant watch many games, but we can listen to them. XM is great!!

johnr1note
04-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm a resident of Chicago's south suburbs, and I have XM, and I listen whenever the Sox are on the road so I don't have to listen to Farmer drone on about nothing. Indeed the whole "college frat party" atmosphere of WSCR is very disappointing. Do we really need ads for sexual dysfuntion, gentlemen's clubs, and Mike North screaming about "My Guys?" Its makes WMVP seem almost main stream. How could this happen to our beloved White Sox broadcasts?. Some of the out of town announcers aren't much better, but some are extremely professional. I also enjoy listending to Dave Wells call the Tampa games. I wishe he was calling Sox games.

alohafri
04-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I listen to the away broadcasts, not necessarily to avoid Singleton (I love Farmio though), but to hear what the opponents are saying about us.

richb2
04-20-2006, 12:19 AM
it's pretty neat to hear the other announcers call the game and to get their take on the sox. The tigers and royals announcers had a lot of respect for this team. I do not have xm in my car but instead Ihave the boom box which is pretty neat that it can be taken anywhere-go sox

SoxSideIrish
04-20-2006, 02:46 AM
ive got it in my car (and the base for my house) and i'm loving it. it was a christmas present so i havent gotten much mlb use out of it yet, but im very excited. it's really nice to listen to some other games, i need to get my rooney fix somehow! i think i'll enjoy it the most when i make some roadtrips soon. it's so depressing to drive down to st. louis to see the girl and have the reception go out on me half way there. even better will be visiting my cousins on their farm out in nowheresville, west viriginia and still hear farmio (and singleton) loud and clear!