PDA

View Full Version : Reed

RichH55
01-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Whats the status on his trade demand? Now while I don't think he was a particularly effective pitcher for Minn last year, he is still a better option than the alternatives and his trade value is rather low right now especially with him holding a gun in the form of the collective bargaining agreement to the Twins head.....Not exactly a banner offseason for the Twins

Huisj
01-24-2002, 03:29 PM
I think it's safe to say that anytime your team is threatened with elimination and your owner says "go for it," it's not a banner off season.

RichH55
01-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I think it's safe to say that anytime your team is threatened with elimination and your owner says "go for it," it's not a banner off season.

Hey everyone and their mothers came to the defense of the Twins though....I would take a little heart in that.......The contraction saga is just a piece in the puzzle ...the lack of a lead-off hitter(and a viable offensive lineu for that matter) couple with the lack of a quality bullpen are the main struggles...player mindset has got to be a secondary concern after that