PDA

View Full Version : Smoooooooke.

batmanZoSo
04-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey, I'm going to the game on Saturday. I'm sitting in the UD by the LF pole. Where's the nearest smoking area? Haven't gone since the rule was implemented. I plan on getting drunk so I'll definitely need a little puff-puff. :smokin:

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey, I'm going to the game on Saturday. I'm sitting in the UD by the LF pole. Where's the nearest smoking area? Haven't gone since the rule was implemented. I plan on getting drunk so I'll definitely need a little puff-puff. :smokin:

Smoking areas are at the top of the ramps. I'm guessing the gate 6 ramp is closest for you (Section 558?)

MUsoxfan
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
They give "you people" about 5 feet on the exit ramps clearly marked by a red line

batmanZoSo
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Smoking areas are at the top of the ramps. I'm guessing the gate 6 ramp is closest for you (Section 558?)

Yeah about there, near the end of the upper deck. So would that be that big ramp complex on the side there about halway down the side?

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah about there, near the end of the upper deck. So would that be that big ramp complex on the side there about halway down the side?

The Gate 6 ramp is the one way in the LF corner (by Fundamentals). The one about halfway down the line is the Gate 5 ramp, around Section 538 or so.

batmanZoSo
04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
The Gate 6 ramp is the one way in the LF corner (by Fundamentals). The one about halfway down the line is the Gate 5 ramp, around Section 538 or so.

Ah, that's cool..right there. I never sat that far down before so I wasn't sure. Thanks, brah. Anyone going to this game?

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Anyone going to this game?

Saturday night? The Twins? Fireworks? Sounds good to me!:cool:

batmanZoSo
04-18-2006, 05:49 PM

Sounds good?

The?

Are you saying you're goin? :D:

ilsox7
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm there! Can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold once the sun goes down.

HotelWhiteSox
04-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Yep, on the ramps

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/krautle87/smoke.jpg

that go into the Upper Deck. Nice view of the skyline of the Gate 5 one.

0o0o0
04-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Ah, that's cool..right there. I never sat that far down before so I wasn't sure. Thanks, brah. Anyone going to this game?
Yeah. Where by the foul pole are you? I think might be section 556 row 3 or 5, but my tickets are over there and I can't reach them from here.

ode to veeck
04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
The Cubby Bear

I still just can't believe you're not allowed to smoke cigars at a baseball game anymore

gbergman
04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
if you get drunk remember not to lean over the rails to far if you have to hurl, or see something that you want

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Sounds good?

The?

Are you saying you're goin? :D:

I'll see you there, junior.

http://www.poster.net/franz-dennis/franz-dennis-photo-dennis-franz-6203134.jpg

chisoxfanatic
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Anyone going to this game?

Section 512 with 149 other teachers from my school. We're gonna have a blast.

LuvSox
04-18-2006, 07:32 PM

When I was a kid I could never imagine my teachers having fun for even one minute. :D:

Vernam
04-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Had the Sox anticipated the city's smoking ban, they could've reserved the top level of Fundamentals for smokers. Think of the marketing opportunities! "The Sox Smokin' Deck, brought to you by Marlboro," with the Tobacco Pride Crew throwing packs of cigs to the fans.

Speaking of which, the Sox are clearly trying to show some love to the UD by having members of the Chevy Pride Crew come up there to toss shirts, instead of restricting it to the LD as in the past. A couple of problems with this: 1.) I envision someone taking a serious tumble down the steep UD aisles in hopes of snagging a lame shirt, and 2.) The Pride girls seemed less than enthusiastic when they visited our UD section, as if they believe the myth that only rowdies sit up there. They ran out of shirts real fast and then beat a quick retreat. :D:

Vernam

Etownsox13
04-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Try some of this instead

StockdaleForVeep
04-18-2006, 10:14 PM

Drunk driving??

Also we'll be sec 555, row 8, seats 1-2

pearso66
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Had the Sox anticipated the city's smoking ban, they could've reserved the top level of Fundamentals for smokers. Think of the marketing opportunities! "The Sox Smokin' Deck, brought to you by Marlboro," with the Tobacco Pride Crew throwing packs of cigs to the fans.

Speaking of which, the Sox are clearly trying to show some love to the UD by having members of the Chevy Pride Crew come up there to toss shirts, instead of restricting it to the LD as in the past. A couple of problems with this: 1.) I envision someone taking a serious tumble down the steep UD aisles in hopes of snagging a lame shirt, and 2.) The Pride girls seemed less than enthusiastic when they visited our UD section, as if they believe the myth that only rowdies sit up there. They ran out of shirts real fast and then beat a quick retreat. :D:

Vernam

The guy that visited our section was the guy who is always out with the kids for the homerun thing on Fundamentals. He was having a great time in the UD and was in our section for quite a while.

As for the game Saturday, I will be there, section 542, row 11, seats 7-10. I will also be in those seats Sunday. Not all four myself, as I am not THAT big.

bafiarocks03
04-18-2006, 11:24 PM
smoking is bad for you..

hmm..Maybe that's why they are banning it...:)

JohnBasedowYoda
04-18-2006, 11:28 PM
smoking is bad for you..

They're banning it to take away the freedom to slowy kill yourself one puff at a time.

If you're down for slow, legal suicide there's a McDonalds down the street.

bafiarocks03
04-18-2006, 11:43 PM
They're banning it to take away the freedom to slowy kill yourself one puff at a time.

NICE!

pearso66
04-18-2006, 11:47 PM

Maybe they are banning it to take away the freedom to kill someone else slowly one puff at a time with 2nd hand smoke. Talk about legal homicide.

mwc44
04-19-2006, 09:02 AM
When I was a kid I could never imagine my teachers having fun for even one minute. :D:

Nowadays, teachers seem to have more fun than they're entitled to have...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4265&stc=1&d=1145451660
... "are we having fun yet?"

RallyBowl
04-19-2006, 09:58 AM
You're not allowed to smoke anywhere you want to at the Cell?:redface:

chisoxfan64
04-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I was smoking in the little triangle they set aside last night. The whole time there is a kid out there with a broom and dust pan. Wouldn`t an ashtray be cheaper? :?:

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I'll see you there, junior.

http://www.poster.net/franz-dennis/franz-dennis-photo-dennis-franz-6203134.jpg

I'll be looking out for the thinner, younger Dennis Franz look-a-like. :cool:

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Drunk driving??

Also we'll be sec 555, row 8, seats 1-2

I'll have time to sober up on the bus from 35th to Jackson.

Aisle seats. Stockdale, you've done it again. :bandance:

SoxFan76
04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
smoking is bad for you..

Smoking is bad for you? No way! I am going to quit right now!

daveeym
04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
I was smoking in the little triangle they set aside last night. The whole time there is a kid out there with a broom and dust pan. Wouldn`t an ashtray be cheaper? :?: I didn't see anyone with a broom but I was wondering the same thing about the ashtrays. I figured since they come through with the blowers after every game anyways they figured it's not worth it.

Steelrod
04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I was smoking in the little triangle they set aside last night. The whole time there is a kid out there with a broom and dust pan. Wouldn`t an ashtray be cheaper? :?:
No room for it in the triangle. BTW Where I was, couldn't hear or see the game. How about the other spots. Any tv or radio?

batmanZoSo
04-19-2006, 10:38 AM
No room for it in the triangle. BTW Where I was, couldn't hear or see the game. How about the other spots. Any tv or radio?

No room? Triangle? So you have to stand in this thing? How big is it?

chisoxfan64
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
No room? Triangle? So you have to stand in this thing? How big is it?

Well, they have this red lin painted across the ground in the corner of the ramp. That is the designated smoking area. Where I was noone was in the triangle, they were all over on the ramps. I was by gate 2.

daveeym
04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
No room? Triangle? So you have to stand in this thing? How big is it? Yeah as they said no one's there. Lowever lvl you have to be outside of where they check tickets, so remember to bring your stub, stupid usher sees you walk out light up in front of him and still stares down your ticket. Upper deck just in the open space on the top of the ramp.

alohafri
04-19-2006, 10:52 AM

My goofy staff is going to "The Shrine". I have to get a job with you, Fanatic!

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 11:02 AM
My goofy staff is going to "The Shrine". I have to get a job with you, Fanatic!

Like 97% of the staff here are Sox fans. I kid you not!

Steelrod
04-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, they have this red lin painted across the ground in the corner of the ramp. That is the designated smoking area. Where I was noone was in the triangle, they were all over on the ramps. I was by gate 2.
Anarchy!

CaptainBallz
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Lowever lvl you have to be outside of where they check tickets, so remember to bring your stub, stupid usher sees you walk out light up in front of him and still stares down your ticket.

Don't mean to hijack, but are the ushers at the gate just a little bit ridiculous with their ticket checking? Opening Day, during the rain delay, I'm walking out of the lower lvl to meet up with some friends in the UD. I take one step outside the gate, then remember to do a quick ticket check so I know where it is. As I'm checking my pockets for it, I go to step back behind the gate so I'm out of the way and the usher STOPS ME AND ASKS FOR MY TICKET!! She clearly saw me walk past her, stop, and take a step back. ***?!? I had to find my ticket just so I could stand there and try to find my ticket. It really isn't that serious...

End Hijack....

daveeym
04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't mean to hijack, but are the ushers at the gate just a little bit ridiculous with their ticket checking? Opening Day, during the rain delay, I'm walking out of the lower lvl to meet up with some friends in the UD. I take one step outside the gate, then remember to do a quick ticket check so I know where it is. As I'm checking my pockets for it, I go to step back behind the gate so I'm out of the way and the usher STOPS ME AND ASKS FOR MY TICKET!! She clearly saw me walk past her, stop, and take a step back. ***?!? I had to find my ticket just so I could stand there and try to find my ticket. It really isn't that serious...

End Hijack.... And considering season tickets gets you lower lvl access even if you're in the upper deck I'm amazed that they don't just wave you through when they notice the season ticket. I can't believe there are that many people using old season tickets to "sneak" into the lower level.

Iwritecode
04-19-2006, 12:42 PM
How big is it?

It's tiny. You might be able to fit 1 or 2 people in it without actually stepping on the line. The game I went to nobody was standing in it though. They were spread around the ramp.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-19-2006, 12:49 PM
During the Opening Day rain delay (hey that rhymes) in the Rain Room there were a couple dudes trying to light up. The employees (ushers I think) told them to knock it off. Then when the dude that was smoking left the employees lit up.

Norberto7
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM

This...this is funny...

SpammySosa
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I plan on getting drunk

Are you sure you're going to the right Chicago ballpark for that?:redneck

guyinleftfield
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Wow, better bring the Kleenex for the nose bleed your gonna get at that altitude.:tongue:

Theanticub
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
They give "you people" about 5 feet on the exit ramps clearly marked by a red line

It's mighty funny too...my friend smokes, So I joined him in between innings, and he was ( and I kid you not) 5 feet from the red lines,and security was on him.

I mean come on, it's still outside.