PDA

View Full Version : Fridays Pitching Matchup...

Etownsox13
04-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Counting through the pitching rotations for both teams I believe that the matchup for this Friday is going to be Buehrle vs. Santana. Are we to expect the same thing as the last time these two met up early in the season, only with this time the sox coming out on top.

cbotnyse
04-18-2006, 01:14 PM
is it possible to confirm this? thatd be a sweet matchup....Always love ace vs. ace

IlliniSox4Life
04-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I am pretty sure I heard Hawk and DJ mention this during the game last night. If it wasn't them, it was somebody on the post game show. So basically, yes, that's the scheduled matchup as of now.

ondafarm
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
I've seen it posted elsewhere that it will be Santana vs Buehrle.

I hate ace vs ace matchups. Sure, it's a great game but should either one falter slightly then the other guy wins. If either was matched up against a lesser pitcher then he can still get a win. In baseball where the goal is to win 60% of your games matching ace vs ace is dumb.

Look at it this way. If Buehrle gives up just two runs again can Santana hold the Sox to one or zero? If Santana is on, then definately.

This being said, who would the Sox sacrifice against Minn's best pitcher? McCarthy?

doublem23
04-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Santana has been shaky his first few starts, no? He always starts the season off a bit cold, IIRC. This is definitely the time to get to him, as opposed to after the All-Star Break when he has been known to be damn near unhittable.

soxfan13
04-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Read somewhere today, barring rainouts or anything else it will be those two. If your a true baseball fan it will be great to watch.

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm more concerned about Garland tonight.

Ol' No. 2
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Santana has been shaky his first few starts, no? He always starts the season off a bit cold, IIRC. This is definitely the time to get to him, as opposed to after the All-Star Break when he has been known to be damn near unhittable.Didn't the Sox shellack Santana early in the season last year?

Edit: Hmm, guess not. Maybe it was 2004.

DaveIsHere
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Well it will be dog day, maybe I can get my dog to poop in his glove or something?

jenn2080
04-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm more concerned about Garland tonight.

you and me both...hopefully he lays off the hair products and focus on the game

batmanZoSo
04-18-2006, 01:42 PM
So what does that make Saturday's matchup that I'm attending, Garcia vs. ???

jdm2662
04-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Didn't the Sox shellack Santana early in the season last year?

They scored two runs in the first two innings against him in the first game. Then, I think they scored a TOTAL of two runs in the next five or six starts...

drewcifer
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Didn't the Sox shellack Santana early in the season last year?

Yeah, he was better against us than anyone else in baseball that he pitched 10 innings + against.

Linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlbhist/players/splits?statsId=6441&type=pitching&year=2005)

Should be a good watch. I caught the Twins series against NY last weekend... They've got really no offense and are terrible on the road so far.

04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Santana owns us the past 2 years

SOX ADDICT '73
04-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Are we to expect the same thing as the last time these two met up early in the season, only with this time the sox coming out on top.
You mean the Twins' third baseman will make an "error:rolleyes:" late in the game and cost Santana the win? YAY!

RoobarbPie
04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Well it will be dog day, maybe I can get my dog to poop in his glove or something?

Dave, this is a good idea, but I've found it's difficult to pull off. My dog is 0 for 2 when attempting to poop on the field for dog day. Last year I didn't even let her poop all morning and she still wouldn't go. This year I'm gonna combine that strategy with some Wheaties and flaxseed in her morning portion of Iams. We'll see if that works. Then she'll be pooping at a .333 clip, which would be HOF numbers if she can keep it up for her career.

Good luck Dave.