PDA

View Full Version : Rowand Thome trade result.

Shoeless_Jim
04-18-2006, 12:43 PM
As much as I love Rowand, i think the so far the trade for Thome was a good one. We have Anderson in center now a weaker hitter but just as good defensivley. And Thome had 7 homers and has scored a run in every game so far. I dont know what Rowand has done in Philly but things are turning out okay on the South Side of Chicago.

What do alll you think??

Rooney4Prez56
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
This is similar to the Lee for Pods trade IMO. Its mutually beneficial.

miker
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
What do alll you think??
I think it's early...but looking good for us!

Dadawg_77
04-18-2006, 12:46 PM
While it looks good for the Sox, it is way to early to discuss the value of the trade. There is still a lot of baseball to be played.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
While it looks good for the Sox, it is way to early to discuss the value of the trade. There is still a lot of baseball to be played.
So far both teams have benefitted from the major league players involved in the trade, but if Gio Gonzalez turns into a top-tier left-handed starter for the Phillies in another couple of years one could argue that they would have gotten the better of the trade over all...

scottjanssens
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I think before the season is over, Anderson will have better offensive numbers than Rowand had last season.

ondafarm
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
You can never truly evaluate a trade until five years have passed.

Factors to consider:

Thome will retire long before Rowand. If he retires with a couple of World Series Championships with the White Sox, how does that play?

Anderson is just breaking in, how will he compare defensively and offensively to Rowand. Rowand's ceiling is known.

What about the two lefties the Sox sent to the Phillies? If either one is the next Tug McGraw, how does that look ultimately.

I agree that the deal looks pretty good for the Sox right now.

NonetheLoaiza
04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Too early, but right now it looks mutually beneficial. I think that's how it will end up, too.

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Ask us after the break........not 13 games into the season.

doublem23
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
It's been 2 weeks. So far all I can say is thank god Jim Thome is raking right now, else the Clubhouse would be damn near unreadable. I am not looking forward to Jim Thome's first slump or Aaron's first hot streak.

oeo
04-18-2006, 03:40 PM
As much as I love Rowand, i think the so far the trade for Thome was a good one. We have Anderson in center now a weaker hitter but just as good defensivley. And Thome had 7 homers and has scored a run in every game so far. I dont know what Rowand has done in Philly but things are turning out okay on the South Side of Chicago.

What do alll you think??

I don't think you can judge a trade off of two weeks. Especially judging Anderson as a "weaker" hitter...all you've seen is a sample size and he's a rookie. I think he'll put up better numbers than Rowand offensively, just give him some time.

TDog
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
You can never truly evaluate a trade until five years have passed. ...

True. Nonetheless, the Lee for Pods deal was key in bringing the Sox a World Series title. In Chicago, those things don't happen very often. No matter how things turn out in the next four years, that has to be considered a good trade for the Sox. If Thome leads (or contributes mightily) to another championship, you won't have to wait five years.

Certainly April is no time to judge it.

sox1970
04-18-2006, 05:11 PM
If the Sox win the World Series this year, it's a done deal--Great Trade. If not, you have to wait a few years. Quite frankly, Dan Haigwood and Gio Gonzalez were bigger components of the trade than Rowand.

QCIASOXFAN
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
It does not look to bad at the moment!

ws05champs
04-18-2006, 08:16 PM
I dont know what Rowand has done in Philly

Aaron is batting .326 with 8 runs, 2 HR and 5 RBI. Even still I think it was a good trade for both teams.

RKMeibalane
04-18-2006, 08:25 PM
The season is two weeks old. These threads are ridiculous.

ws05champs
04-18-2006, 10:27 PM

Being ridiculous is no reason not to have a thread around here.

pearso66
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
If the White Sox win another World Championship, this trade is a winner for the Sox in my book.

soxstarter
04-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Thome, great form at the bat and my new incredible hero!

StatHead21
04-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Don't ever put Anderson in the same league as Rowand, Rowand is the standard for Defensive CFer's. But the Trade has been excellent thus far, the only downfall of the trade was Thome's health/age.

Bobbo35
04-19-2006, 07:46 AM
I think with where Thome is in the lineup benefits the Sox immensly. Look at what he has done to the top of the lineup. The way he draws walks, gets much needed hits and drops bombs makes that lineup so much stronger than it was last year. Anderson will eventually pull through, the Sox just cannot give up on him much like how Rowand was at the start of his career.

kraut83
04-19-2006, 08:31 AM

Don't tell that to the folks over at the Phillies board:

http://www.philliesphans.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?t=32869

Some of these guys look like founding fathers of the FOBB.

BV2005
04-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Don't tell that to the folks over at the Phillies board:

http://www.philliesphans.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?t=32869

Some of these guys look like founding fathers of the FOBB.

wow there are some harsh things said about a-row here, if the philly fans keep hating on rowand maybe he'll be available via trade is anderson don't workout this year.

miker
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
And then we would have the same problem sports-blab radio has -- nothing to talk about except haircuts and tarp-sliding.