PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hummell

RichH55
01-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Baseball Weekly AL Central Prospects

Tim Hummel 4th best in system
He moved over from SS during last season, and 3B isnt out of the question. But his future lies with his offense. He has the type of body that should fill out and allow him to develop more power. Meanwhile, he has the foundation of a solid contact hitter.

RichH55
01-23-2002, 04:53 PM
My Take: It looks like Hummel can turn into a pretty good 2B...hit a bunch of doubles and should only gain power and a good walk rate which leads to good On base %.......Could very well be a more than adequate replacement for Ray after the year(saving you about 5 million a year in the process), but he doesn't look to be a lead-off hitter(duh).....so the question remains...with Ray gone..who leads off?

czalgosz
01-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
My Take: It looks like Hummel can turn into a pretty good 2B...hit a bunch of doubles and should only gain power and a good walk rate which leads to good On base %.......Could very well be a more than adequate replacement for Ray after the year(saving you about 5 million a year in the process), but he doesn't look to be a lead-off hitter(duh).....so the question remains...with Ray gone..who leads off?

It looks like the Sox would have to trade for or sign a leadoff hitter. Durham's the closest thing we have in the whole system.

bringbackrobin
01-24-2002, 04:47 PM
We could kill two birds with one stone if we'd trade for a leadoff catcher, say, Jason Kendall. Yeah, his price would be steep, but he's signed to a very reasonable contract and the Pirates are dep at catcher and don't really seem to appreciate what they have. I mean, what's with playing him in left field?

Daver
01-24-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bringbackrobin

I mean, what's with playing him in left field?

An attempt to prolong his career,not every catcher is able to do what Carlton Fisk did.Look at the problems that I-Rod is having with injury now.

Chisox_cali
01-24-2002, 05:03 PM
The only problem with trading for A lead off hitter is by the Time Hummell is at 2B we wont have to many holes left to fill. the Manos/Clayton situation will have been dealt with, Crede should be at 3rd, Borchard should be in the outfield. That doesnt really leave any places open unless we trade/sign an Erstad or something for CF move Borchard to right and Maggs to left

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The only problem with trading for A lead off hitter is by the Time Hummell is at 2B we wont have to many holes left to fill. the Manos/Clayton situation will have been dealt with, Crede should be at 3rd, Borchard should be in the outfield. That doesnt really leave any places open unless we trade/sign an Erstad or something for CF move Borchard to right and Maggs to left

Damn, I would love an outfield of Maggs, Erstad, and Borchard.

Now I'm pissed. No more Disney products for my kids!

:gulp:

Daver
01-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Geez PHG,what did the kids do wrong?

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by daver
Geez PHG,what did the kids do wrong?

They'll just have to get by with Warner Brothers and Universal Studios. It won't be so bad. Who cares about some 90 year old mouse, anyway.

"Ba-di, ba-di, ba-di, That's All Folks!"

:smile:

Chisox_cali
01-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Damn, I would love an outfield of Maggs, Erstad, and Borchard.

:gulp:

and if it wasn't for Tony Tavares, who aint the prez no more(coinsidence?), that could have been a possibility. Imagine that...

Erstad
Valentin
Thomas
Ordonez
Borchard
Konerko
Hummell
Crede
Olivo?

Randar68
01-25-2002, 10:45 AM
and if it wasn't for Tony Tavares, who aint the prez no more(coinsidence?), that could have been a possibility. Imagine that...

Never mind the fact that trading Jon Garland at this point would have been a collossal mistake!

RedPinStripes
01-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Never mind the fact that trading Jon Garland at this point would have been a collossal mistake!

Yes it would. Thankfully that fell through.

hold2dibber
01-25-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Amen!