PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Interesting Baseball Simulation

compy75
04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Hey fellas, not sure where to put this but since we all talk old pale hose baseball all the time, I figured some of you would like this site as I have. The site is Simnasium Baseball, http://www.simnasium.com. It's a sim using more or less every retired player who has played. Pretty cool having Billy Pierce and Robin Ventura on the same team. The players are coded based on their careers unlike the much ballyhoeed and poorly executed sim Whatifsports where you can have a team of 9 Frank Thomas' and face another 2 in each sim. Here if you have Luke Appling, he's yours. I know this sounds like a shameless plug, but figured I would drop the line as they are offering a 2 for 1 special ($10 a team special.)

Others on the board, seem to enjoy the site too, as Nomads and I often do battle on the simulated front. For those computer junkies, they partner with the game Diamond Mind to generate their results. Ok that's enough from me, haha.

pudge
04-18-2006, 12:30 PM
some day these types of sites will realize that a free model is much more profitable in the long run.

compy75
04-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Pudge, what do you mean just a straight team giveaway? Probably not an awful idea. Regardless, what's 20 bucks for 2 teams.... Hell, it used to be $50 for one, so I am pretty pleased.

chaerulez
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
There's another one of these sim sites like this I don't remember the name, but I heard about it through Bill Simmons' ESPN column. I simmed the 2005 Sox vs. 2003 Cubs... Sox won in 6.

compy75
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah, that's the aforementioned Whatifsports, many issues with it as discussed before. They code per year meaning you can have a team of 90 Frank at 1b, 91 Frank at DH, etc.

Joe

wdelaney72
04-20-2006, 10:20 AM
I saw the words "baseball" and "simulation" and was shocked to not see Kerry Wood's name anywhere in the thread.