PDA

View Full Version : Vendors at the ballpark this year

Vance Law's Dog
04-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Boy, those guys must've missed Spring Training! I tell ya, I stood for a good 17 minutes trying to get a cocoa last night! What a time! And there were only 4 people in front of me!

Deebs14
04-18-2006, 03:44 PM
The Neil Young look-alike beer vendor would've been right on top of things. :cool:

Cat Thief
04-18-2006, 03:52 PM
On Opening Night my wife went and ordered 4 Coronas from underneath the fan deck, she came back with 4 bottles. :?:

Of course security seen them and accused us of bringing them in. :angry:

PennStater98r
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I think that vendors with irresponsible parents should not be allowed at the game...

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
On Opening Night my wife went and ordered 4 Coronas from underneath the fan deck, she came back with 4 bottles. :?:

Of course security seen them and accused us of bringing them in. :angry:

Wait, do you mean glass bottles?

:o:

roylestillman
04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
[quote=PennStater98r]I think that vendors with irresponsible parents should not be allowed at the game...[/qu
...and speaking of haircuts and looking professional.

Cat Thief
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Wait, do you mean glass bottles?

:o:

Yep, actually my wife should have known better.

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Yep, actually my wife should have known better.

Sounds like everyone should have known better on that deal. Why the heck would the vendor give you glass bottles?:?:

Vance Law's Dog
04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Boy, that's dumb. I was surprised the coffee people weren't giving the patrons the whole pot. L.O.L.

Hawkeroo1980
04-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Coco?

as in hot coco?

Fabs
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM
The Neil Young look-alike beer vendor would've been right on top of things. :cool:

The Scottie Pippen vendor would have been on top of things, too.

Edward
04-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I went on Saturday and sat in 125. The beer vendor there would not sell you a beer if you already had one (even if theres only a sip left) and my 2 buddies who just turned 21 got denied because "he can't take red id's" even though they are valid through June. We waited for the next guy to come through and he accepted my 2 friends red id's and sold them 2 beers a piece, and they already had one in hand. I don't know what that guys problem was.

Chisox003
04-19-2006, 02:45 PM
[quote=PennStater98r]I think that vendors with irresponsible parents should not be allowed at the game...[/qu
...and speaking of haircuts and looking professional.
Wait until I come home from school next month and start workin at the park

Will you be one of the guys come June telling me to get a haircut? :rolleyes:

alohafri
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Coco?

as in hot coco?

James Coco.

alohafri
04-19-2006, 03:22 PM

He does it all for the fans.

mwc44
04-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Scottie Pippen or Gregory Hines? The debate on who he REALLY looks like rages on!

StockdaleForVeep
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Is the one rough voice vendor still there? He used to be the lemon chill guy "heeeeeeey LEEMOOOOOON chill" and u hear this phlemy voice all over the park, "heeeey mIIIIILLLLLLARRR Draft\lite"

leens01
04-19-2006, 05:36 PM
He was there on Friday. I didn't hear him doing the raspy voice bit until some guys egged him on, though.

MISoxfan
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I never have a problem with Beer vendors, but it seems like I'm lucky to see the Margarita guy twice a game. This was last year sitting in the 500's, maybe it's just like that up there.

Dan Mega
04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I went on Saturday and sat in 125. The beer vendor there would not sell you a beer if you already had one (even if theres only a sip left) and my 2 buddies who just turned 21 got denied because "he can't take red id's" even though they are valid through June. We waited for the next guy to come through and he accepted my 2 friends red id's and sold them 2 beers a piece, and they already had one in hand. I don't know what that guys problem was.

The beer vendors are getting careful as to who they sell to these days. I'm 25 and I always get my ID checked. Also if there are younger people sitting next to us, they have asked whether they are with me. If they are (and don't want a beer), he asks to see their ID's too. I've seen cases where the vendor wouldn't sell 4 beers to 2 guys who were over 21 but were sitting next to their 2 buddies that were under 21 (if that isn't obvious :rolleyes: ). I've had more than one vendor say that they will get of-age people buying for underage friends.

ws05champs
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
The beer vendors are getting careful as to who they sell to these days. I'm 25 and I always get my ID checked.

I'm 53 and the first one that asks me for an ID gets an extra large tip.:D:

ILuvThatDuck
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Time for AJ to start calling out the vendors for haircuts:D:

MUsoxfan
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm 53 and the first one that asks me for an ID gets an extra large tip.:D:

I know this guy who's got children that are of legal age who got carded at Wrigley a few years back. He looked at the vendor in amazement and then bent down to show the guy his bald-spot:D:

itsnotrequired
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Is the one rough voice vendor still there? He used to be the lemon chill guy "heeeeeeey LEEMOOOOOON chill" and u hear this phlemy voice all over the park, "heeeey mIIIIILLLLLLARRR Draft\lite"

I just saw him today for the first time this year.

:bandance:

Chips
04-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I just saw him today for the first time this year.

:bandance:

Is that the same guy who says "I got beeeeeeer?"

itsnotrequired
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Is that the same guy who says "I got beeeeeeer?"

You better believe it! He has a potpourri of slogans.:cool:

Ditka311
04-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Sounds like everyone should have known better on that deal. Why the heck would the vendor give you glass bottles?:?:

When you buy beer in the bullpen sports bar, they give you glass bottles. However, there is a stack of plastic cups near the exit that you are supposed to use when leaving the bar area. I am surprised the security guy didn't says something.

itsnotrequired
04-20-2006, 07:03 AM
When you buy beer in the bullpen sports bar, they give you glass bottles. However, there is a stack of plastic cups near the exit that you are supposed to use when leaving the bar area. I am surprised the security guy didn't says something.

Correct but Cat Thief says his wife got the bottles from the stand under the fan deck. I don't think he is talking about the sports bar.

Bobbo35
04-20-2006, 07:50 AM

Yes he is, he served me a beer at the home opener.

alohafri
04-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I love the HOT DOGS guy you can hear over the 38,000 screaming fans on the radio!

Palehose Pete
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
I love the HOT DOGS guy you can hear over the 38,000 screaming fans on the radio!

I love The World's Loudest Vendor!!! That guy cracks me up, too.

HOT DOGS!

Foulke You
04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Boy, those guys must've missed Spring Training! I tell ya, I stood for a good 17 minutes trying to get a cocoa last night! What a time! And there were only 4 people in front of me!
They are painfully slow, especially in the upper deck. I stood at one of the Kosher Hot Dog kiosks at the ring ceremony game and almost missed the ring ceremony because it took them 25 minutes to get through a line of only 10 people! It's not complicated, put the dog in the bun, ask if they want onions, take their money and move on! This guy and this woman behind the kiosk were making dogs 4 or 5 at a time and then when those ran out (imagine that!) everyone would have to wait for them to make 4 or 5 more instead of putting a pile of them on the grill like they normally do. They also weren't cooking any Polish Sausages so when someone asked for a Polish, they'd go to the package and pull ONE Polish out and cook it. It was maddening to watch the inefficiency. I could have sold 100 hot dogs in the time it took them to sell 20.:mad: Most of the employees up there seem lazy and not caring. I understand it is a crummy job, but I get better service from others with crummy jobs like McDonald's and Wendy's and I'm not paying $4 for a hot dog and $3 for a bottle of water there.

Soxaholic
04-20-2006, 03:40 PM
The beer vendors are getting careful as to who they sell to these days. I'm 25 and I always get my ID checked. Also if there are younger people sitting next to us, they have asked whether they are with me. If they are (and don't want a beer), he asks to see their ID's too. I've seen cases where the vendor wouldn't sell 4 beers to 2 guys who were over 21 but were sitting next to their 2 buddies that were under 21 (if that isn't obvious :rolleyes: ). I've had more than one vendor say that they will get of-age people buying for underage friends.

All the vendors (even the non-alcohol vendors) had to take an alcohol training course and they hammered out a list of rules. One is that if you look 30 or under, they will card you.

Not to mention, some of the vendors the past few years were fired for selling to minors after working at Old Comiskey/Cell due to kids working undercover for the police and seeing if they check IDs. If my job was on the line, Id make sure that who Id sell to didnt get me fired.