PDA

View Full Version : No more fight song?

DrummerGeorgefan
04-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Has the end come for our rallying cry performed by the great Captain Stubby?

I've been to 3 games this year with sustained rallies, including tonight, and there was something missing during the catcher's slow walk to the mound....Captain Stubby?

Has this song (I know some of you hate it) gone the way of Dave Gallagher's career?

Any one have any info...

MUsoxfan
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
I've heard it once or twice this year. They over-played it last year and I think they know that

HotelWhiteSox
04-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I heard it on Ring Day. I like the song, but I agree, there were times last year where it was overplayed, didn't annoy me too much, but yeah

paciorek1983
04-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Probably should just be played after the 7th inning stretch

kninchicago
04-17-2006, 11:26 PM
They played it a few times since I've been there. I think it was the April 5 game when I heard it?? I don't remember. I think it's great for when they get men on the bases post-7th inning stretch.

Lorenzo Barcelo
04-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Not having the organ during the game feels wierd. For example,when they cue up the song after a Sox HR is just not the same. I don't know how to explain it, but you expect certain organ tunes to be played during situations it isn't there :(:

Jurr
04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Not having the organ during the game feels wierd. For example,when they cue up the song after a Sox HR is just not the same. I don't know how to explain it, but you expect certain organ tunes to be played during situations it isn't there :(:
Know what you mean. Nancy needs to get back full time, or they need a stand in for night games.

gbergman
04-18-2006, 05:13 PM
maybe because nancy is missing thats why it hasnt been played

robertks61
04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I heard it today with Nancy, Southpaw, and Jay Johnstone at my work safety kick off. Nancy also played the organ and showed off her World Series ring.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Has the end come for our rallying cry performed by the great Captain Stubby?

I've been to 3 games this year with sustained rallies, including tonight, and there was something missing during the catcher's slow walk to the mound....Captain Stubby?

Has this song (I know some of you hate it) gone the way of Dave Gallagher's career?

Any one have any info...

Because they didn't have a rap version to blast over the speakers at over 130 decibels.

Hitmen77
04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Because they didn't have a rap version to blast over the speakers at over 130 decibels.

I really wonder if that should be in teal.

jerrykrause4pres
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I've seen threads about seeking organists, but how come Nancy isn't with the Sox any more?

TornLabrum
04-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I've seen threads about seeking organists, but how come Nancy isn't with the Sox any more?

She is.

mike squires
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM

She's only playing day games.

MrRoboto83
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
I really respect Nancy's decision to play day games. I hope she knows that she is missed during the night. Things always sound nice when you walk into the park and she is playing "Break my Stride" or some other Nancy classic, always puts a smile to my face. I will look forward to the day games so I can enjoy listening to Nancy during the pregame and during the game.

Chips
04-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I've been to 5 games this year and I haven't heard Captain Stubby at all.

tacosalbarojas
04-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Things always sound nice when you walk into the park and she is playing "Break my Stride" or some other Nancy classic, always puts a smile to my face. I will look forward to the day games so I can enjoy listening to Nancy during the pregame and during the game.Classical Gas.

lumpyspun
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
I've been to 5 games this year and I haven't heard Captain Stubby at all.

I got Cpt Stubby as my ringtone...so at least I hear it a few times a week...:smile: