PDA

View Full Version : Paulo Orlando

bigredrudy
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
What happened to Orlando? He is not playing anymore. He is not in a slump as he is hitting well over .400.

Randar68
04-17-2006, 06:56 PM
What happened to Orlando? He is not playing anymore. He is not in a slump as he is hitting well over .400.

Rumored he may have been promoted but nothing has been made public yet from either Kanny or W-S.

California Sox
04-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Rumored he may have been promoted but nothing has been made public yet from either Kanny or W-S.

Give Gomes someone to speak Portugese with. If true it would be a monster jump from the DSL to the Carolina League in a year.

Gee
04-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Whos place would he take in the lineup in W-S?
Santana plays Gomes, Cook and Smith every game and the DH spot is crowded with Allen, Haggerty and Tartaglia.:?:

bigredrudy
04-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Paulo Orlando has not been promoted. He played in a morning game today as a DH. Naturally Kanny is losing bigtime Paulo is o for 3. I suppose we can surmise that he has a leg injury of some kind. I think the rumor anout him being promoted was started by Sox Talk.

bigredrudy
04-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Paulo did come up once more and got a hit in the 9th inning driving in a run. He then stole second putting the tying run in scoring position but the next two hitters failed. Paulo is now hitting 412. It seems to me that Kannapolis must be an awful team in need of reinforcements. If Paulo keeps up his hot hitting, he might be promoted at mid season but probably not before. Paulo will still be 20 years old at the end of the minor league season.

voodoochile
04-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Paulo did come up once more and got a hit in the 9th inning driving in a run. He then stole second putting the tying run in scoring position but the next two hitters failed. Paulo is now hitting 412. It seems to me that Kannapolis must be an awful team in need of reinforcements. If Paulo keeps up his hot hitting, he might be promoted at mid season but probably not before. Paulo will still be 20 years old at the end of the minor league season.

How does the stolen base jibe with the leg injury you surmised in the previous post?

Not trying to start a fight, just interested in what is going on. I get all my minor league info here on these forums and this guy obviously has some tools because all the minor league geeks know who he is and are following his progress...

maurice
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Kanny's roster at the beginning of the season and Kanny's roster at the end of the season always are very different. Reinforcements will be added, especially after the draft.

bigredrudy
04-18-2006, 05:30 PM
[quote=voodoochile]How does the stolen base jibe with the leg injury you surmised in the previous post?

Not trying to start a fight, just interested in what is going on. I get all my minor league info here on these forums and this guy obviously has some tools because all the minor league geeks know who he is and are following his progress...[ You are right. I don't know why he was out or why he is dhing /quote]

Chisoxfn
04-19-2006, 01:07 AM
It didn't come from Soxtalk. Orlando had hurt his index finger. He was back in the lineup today (as you guys noticed). This has been verified.