PDA

View Full Version : Pierzynski on the Final Word right now

itsnotrequired
04-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Tune in!

It's Time
04-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Are you sure that wasn't Hangar?:D: Here is how A.J. opened the show:

"Well, I see Fox is still a Cubs station seeing that you lead off with them in the highlites".

Jill Carlson: "We just did that so we could have more time with you".

Hangar Pierzynski?

South Side
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Was anything else said for those who missed it?

itsnotrequired
04-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Was anything else said for those who missed it?

Eh, nothing special. He talked a bit about Thome's hot start, said Contreras had the best "stuff" but Buehrle was still the best overall pitcher and talked about how distracting all the opening series ceremonies were. Pretty much a fluff piece.

anewman35
04-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Eh, nothing special. He talked a bit about Thome's hot start, said Contreras had the best "stuff" but Buehrle was still the best overall pitcher and talked about how distracting all the opening series ceremonies were. Pretty much a fluff piece.

A fluff piece on the White Sox? I don't believe it!

Hangar18
04-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Are you sure that wasn't Hangar?:D: Here is how A.J. opened the show:

"Well, I see Fox is still a Cubs station seeing that you lead off with them in the highlites".

Jill Carlson: "We just did that so we could have more time with you".

Hangar Pierzynski?

He lit right into her, I laughed my butt off ................. Corey McPherrin started laughing when he said that he put Jill on the spot (shes really a cub fan, and AJ fan) AWESOME. I just hope people dont start calling him flubsessed

batmanZoSo
04-17-2006, 09:13 AM
That was so funny how AJ ****ed with them like that. You could see it made them uncomfortable anyway. They had a good reason to show the cubs first, because they had to get that out of the way, then show the Sox clips that lead into AJ coming on.

Hangar18
04-17-2006, 09:56 AM
He was interviewed at his locker recently, and the first thing he said
was something about were still being treated like the 2nd team around here.
AWESOME AJ, tell the world how it really is

Realist
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Last season the Sox players had a running joke that whenever they'd see one of the their teammates reading a Chicago paper in the clubhouse, they'd ask them, "How'd the Cubs do?"

North Sox Sider
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
AJ was very funny and he looked fairly relaxed but enough about his Florida teams. He had to make a comment how he was upset that the Bulls knocked out his Orlando Magic. Overall he was good on there. I cant believe I said I liked him. I use to hate that guy back in the Minnesota days but he is growing on me. He was very big for us last year that is for sure.

Hangar18
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I think the reason people really like him, is he wears his heart on his sleeve, and tells it like it is. Must be a Chicago thing, I think Kittle was the same way ......... both very entertaining.

SoxEd
04-17-2006, 06:02 PM
I think AJ's one of those guys who you love when they're on your team, but hate when they aren't - because he speaks his mind, always gives it 100% (please note the lack of any '150%' cliché), always plays to win, and isn't above 'trying things' - e.g. the 'strike out' play against Josh Paul.

While he's on the Sox, I love him dearly, but should he ever leave and come back to play against us, I'll probably end up hating him, because he gets in his opponents' heads and puts them off their game.
i.e. if he ever leaves here you just know that he'll absolutely kill us.

He takes the talent he was born with, and uses it to its absolute maximum on the field.

IMO he's an object lesson in 'how to acquire the habit of winning'.

The guy's a star.
A controversial one, yes, but a star nevertheless.

(I bet I've just doomed him to a Season-long slump by typing that. If so, my apologies to him.)

ws05champs
04-17-2006, 06:15 PM
I think the reason people really like him, is he wears his heart on his sleeve, and tells it like it is. Must be a Chicago thing, I think Kittle was the same way ......... both very entertaining.

Although it's too bad he's flubsessed.

mmmmmbeeer
04-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I think AJ's one of those guys who you love when they're on your team, but hate when they aren't - because he speaks his mind, always gives it 100% (please note the lack of any '150%' cliché), always plays to win, and isn't above 'trying things' - e.g. the 'strike out' play against Josh Paul.

While he's on the Sox, I love him dearly, but should he ever leave and come back to play against us, I'll probably end up hating him, because he gets in his opponents' heads and puts them off their game.
i.e. if he ever leaves here you just know that he'll absolutely kill us.

He takes the talent he was born with, and uses it to its absolute maximum on the field.

IMO he's an object lesson in 'how to acquire the habit of winning'.

The guy's a star.
A controversial one, yes, but a star nevertheless.

(I bet I've just doomed him to a Season-long slump by typing that. If so, my apologies to him.)

You're spot on. Although, if he leaves us and nets us a Joe Nathan and Francisco Liriano like he did the Twins from San Fran, I just might love him anyway.