PDA

View Full Version : Sox fans who have Dish Network...

WhiteSoxFan84
04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm getting Dish Network next Sunday and I was wondering if you guys get Comcast Sports Net on there? Someone told me I'll miss a ton of the Sox games because DishNet doesn't have CSN (which makes sense since Comcast is a cable company/rival of satellites).

Also, if this is true, what the heck do I do???

Lip Man 1
04-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Yes Dish Network has Comcast Sports Chicago on channel 429.

If you live in the White Sox TV territory you'll get the games. If not you can always get the MLB extra innings package through them.

If you can't affort the 169 (and many can't) you'll still get the Sox pre and post game shows without blackout restrictions. (and if the actual game runs over the allotted three hours 'blackout' time you'll get however much of the game is left free and clear!) :smile:

Lip

CanBuehrleWait
04-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes Dish Network has Comcast Sports Chicago on channel 429.

If you live in the White Sox TV territory you'll get the games. If not you can always get the MLB extra innings package through them.

If you can't affort the 169 (and many can't) you'll still get the Sox pre and post game shows without blackout restrictions. (and if the actual game runs over the allotted three hours 'blackout' time you'll get however much of the game is left free and clear!) :smile:

Lip
Yep. You should be ok over there in Des Plaines but he's right about the restrictions. When I switched I had to order at least the 120 channel package to get ComcastNet included. Otherwise you have to order some 'sportspack' deal they had for an extra x(5 to 10$?) amount of dollars a month. Price comparison wise I'm very happy with the deal dish offers.

edit: You still may want to call a customer service rep just to make sure. Their reps are pretty good over there.

irish rover
04-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I live in Kenosha now, and I get it on Dish there

WhiteSoxFan84
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Yep. You should be ok over there in Des Plaines but he's right about the restrictions. When I switched I had to order at least the 120 channel package to get ComcastNet included. Otherwise you have to order some 'sportspack' deal they had for an extra x(5 to 10$?) amount of dollars a month. Price comparison wise I'm very happy with the deal dish offers.

edit: You still may want to call a customer service rep just to make sure. Their reps are pretty good over there.

i got the 180 channel package so hopefully im good.

thanx for all the help guys! :smile:

but i do have one more question...

it seems like im gonna get 48 or so sports channels but i was told there are "geographical restrictions" that apply. does that mean i only get the local channels and channels like fox sports new york and the MSG network are blacked out?

HotelWhiteSox
04-17-2006, 04:27 PM
i got the 180 channel package so hopefully im good.

thanx for all the help guys! :smile:

but i do have one more question...

it seems like im gonna get 48 or so sports channels but i was told there are "geographical restrictions" that apply. does that mean i only get the local channels and channels like fox sports new york and the MSG network are blacked out?

You're fine with the Sox

With the sports package you have, you get all those channels (including NY), but you wont be able to see the games they broadcast. Basically, if the companies can have you pay extra for something they will, so if something is available on a package (example, FSN North is showing Twins/Yankees, but you would need MLB Extra Innings to see it), you wouldn't be able to see it. But you get to see their highlight/discussion shows, Best Damn Sports Show, and whatever they play. They usually have some other sports channels in that package as well, like NBA TV, a soccer channel or a horseracing channel

WizardsofOzzie
04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I still find it great how someone not related to comcast offers CSN but i have comcast and don't get CSN......the humanity! :angry:

Dadawg_77
04-17-2006, 04:40 PM
I have the Dish Network and its 429. But does anyone know what CSN+ is? I know the Sox have a couple games on there this year, and just not sure what channel it is.

HotelWhiteSox
04-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I have the Dish Network and its 429. But does anyone know what CSN+ is? I know the Sox have a couple games on there this year, and just not sure what channel it is.

Those games are on those 'Sports Alternates' channels, don't know the exact channel as I don't have Dish anymore, but it was somewhere a little higher in the 400's

He gone
04-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Channel 429 here in Wheatfield, Indiana. The only game I missed was that Saturday game against the Twins last year.

Fabs
04-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I have direct TV and I can't seem to find Comcast +.
Seems the only thing I can find is the bulls game?

Brian26
04-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I have direct TV and I can't seem to find Comcast +.
Seems the only thing I can find is the bulls game?

ThirdBaseman
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
For those with Dish..it is on a "Sports Alternate" channel..it's channel 449. Not sure if it's available in blackout areas.

CLR01
04-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Those games are on those 'Sports Alternates' channels, don't know the exact channel as I don't have Dish anymore, but it was somewhere a little higher in the 400's

Yeah, when I had Dishnetwork it was the 3 or 4 channels immediately after CSN/FSN. The only thing they will is is Sports Alternates or ALT, it won't say CSN+.

gosox3072
04-17-2006, 09:11 PM
At least for me, the games that are on comcast+ are on CLTV channel 53

MVP
04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I can't speak for Dish Network, but I get all the Sox games on DirecTV on CSNC and the CSNC+.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I still find it great how someone not related to comcast offers CSN but i have comcast and don't get CSN......the humanity! :angry:
On the other hand, the free preview of MLB Extra Innings that has been going on since the beginning of the season has not yet ended on my (Comcast) cable system, so I have been happily enjoying (most) Sox night games on my TV instead of my computer.
:D:

THEBIGHURT35
04-18-2006, 01:44 PM

I think the channel is 444-448.