PDA

View Full Version : Rain Delay Video Thread

WizardsofOzzie
04-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Someone's gonna probably post it so it might as well be me. Anyone have the Tivo's rolling for that one, and who's gonna put it up for all to see? :smile:

VASoxfan1
04-16-2006, 04:39 PM
mlb.tv cut out of it halfway through (beginning of ALCS), i was ridiculously bitter when that happened

NDSox12
04-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe WGN first showed this video either during the championship celebration or during the parade/rally. I'm quite sure I've seen it before. Very well done, regardless.

The Racehorse
04-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Where I'm at, MB.TV has the Yankees & Twins. NY 3 - MIN 0.

However, I wouldn't know what's being said because the audio is turned down on my laptop since I have Babes in Toyland's Painkillers CD in the stereo.

Frankfan4life
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Where I'm at, MB.TV has the Yankees & Twins. NY 3 - MIN 0.It's now 5-0. If the Evil Empire wins, then we only have a 3-way tie for first place.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Thread hijack alert!

On the subject of a 'three-way tie' for the divisional lead. Mark Gonzales was on Chicago Tribune Live! this past week and he said he thinks the division winner is 'only' going to have around 92 wins.

He said that's not because the division winner is that much worse then the other winners but because the Central is so deep and balanced. He didn't think any team would be able to feast on the division like the Sox did in '05.

He doesn't expect the Central winner to have home field advantage through the post season because their win total won't be as high as the winner in the East or West but he said that doesn't mean they can't beat them.

Lip

whitesoxfan
04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Thread hijack alert!

On the subject of a 'three-way tie' for the divisional lead. Mark Gonzales was on Chicago Tribune Live! this past week and he said he thinks the division winner is 'only' going to have around 92 wins.

He said that's not because the division winner is that much worse then the other winners but because the Central is so deep and balanced. He didn't think any team would be able to feast on the division like the Sox did in '05.

He doesn't expect the Central winner to have home field advantage through the post season because their win total won't be as high as the winner in the East or West but he said that doesn't mean they can't beat them.

Lip

well Bill Melton basically said the same thing as well last week. He said it will only take around 91 or 92 victories to win the Central because of how deep it is. Sounds like Gonzales basically said the same thing.

dondosae1
04-17-2006, 10:46 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe WGN first showed this video either during the championship celebration or during the parade/rally. I'm quite sure I've seen it before. Very well done, regardless.

nope, you are correct. Exact same video.

Lip Man 1
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
WGN showed it during the parade coverage. It's called 'We Are One Tonight' by Switchfoot. Off their 'Nothing Is Sound' album.

Lip

nebraskasox
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
WGN showed it during the parade coverage. It's called 'We Are One Tonight' by Switchfoot. Off their 'Nothing Is Sound' album.

Lip

I love that video and wondered who did the music. Lots of great scenes like the mayor pumping his fist to lyrics something like, "there'll be cities, stand so tall ...". It still brings a tear to my eye when I see this video.

WizardsofOzzie
04-17-2006, 05:42 PM
damn, i recorded the CSN parade, not the WGN one