PDA

View Full Version : Crains Top Private companies list: Sox ranked #145

ewokpelts
04-16-2006, 07:09 AM
The New Crains Chicago Business has it's annual Top Private Companies list

The Sox Ranked #145, based on revenues of $160 million, upp 33% from 2004(Sox took in $120 million in 04).
Accoding to the listing, the Sox have 140 local employees, and 400 worldwide(I'm guessing the worldwide employees are thier minor leaguers and coaches/scouts).

By comparison,
The Bulls are #174 (revenues increased by $17 million in 05 vs. 04)
Bears are #114 (revenues increased by $45 million in 05 vs. 04)
and the Wirtz Companies are #21.( revenues increased by 70 million in 05 vs. 04, with a total revenue of 1.29 BILLION)

Gene

NonetheLoaiza
04-16-2006, 09:37 AM
and the Wirtz Companies are #21.( revenues increased by 70 million in 05 vs. 04, with a total revenue of 1.29 BILLION)

I just want to shake my head in disgust. :angry:

ewokpelts
04-16-2006, 10:04 AM
I just want to shake my head in disgust. :angry:

Well, that does include His other biz ventures.

United Center
Bismark enterprises(the concessionarire at the UC)
His booz distro biz
banking and mortgage operations
insurance biz

But I have NO DOUBT that a lot of the 70 million he made was blackhawks related.

:dollarbill:
Why Field A winner when you can pocket profit?

Gene

kingpin_rcs
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I don't think it would be too hard for ANY NHL team to imrove over last year. Wasn't the 04-05 season completely cancelled?

samram
04-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Well, that does include His other biz ventures.

United Center
Bismark enterprises(the concessionarire at the UC)
His booz distro biz
banking and mortgage operations
insurance biz

But I have NO DOUBT that a lot of the 70 million he made was blackhawks related.

:dollarbill:
Why Field A winner when you can pocket profit?

Gene

I doubt Wirtz made that much on hockey this year relative to prior years. He only had part of one season to make money in 2005 and he actually had to spend a little money this season (not that it did any good or that it was well-spent). His other businesses are the real money makers. Having a monopoly on liquor distribution in much of North America can't be a bad thing for him.

Lip Man 1
04-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Regardless of how much money Wirtz' other companies make or lose it doesn't concern the Hawks.

The reason?

Because of his long standing policy of not using money from one property to prop-up or help another one of his properties. He consdiers it 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' and won't due it.

Which is why the Hawks are bad, have been bad for almost a decade and always will be bad as long as he (or his like minded sons) own them.

Lip

ZachAL
04-16-2006, 12:42 PM
His other businesses are the real money makers. Having a monopoly on liquor distribution in much of North America can't be a bad thing for him.

yeah, being the sole distributor of many of the countries most popular spirits for much of the country, including Nevada(i'm pretty sure) with none other than Las Vegas has its benefits. I would almost be willing to have this country reinstitute prohibition for roughly 6 months to a year only to drive this guy out, it would also make the bathroom lines at the cell more bearable.