PDA

View Full Version : Outfield wall at Dodger Stadium

buehrle4cy05
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Just watching SportsCenter, and they showed highlights from the Dodgers-Giants game. It's the first time I've noticed that the Dodgers took down their pictures of past players on the outfield wall and replaced them with ads.

Are the Dodgers, a team that should be extremely rich, so desperate for cash that they took down a great tribute to their former stars? Does anybody have an answer for why they took those images off the wall?

TheOldRoman
04-16-2006, 01:15 AM
The tribute thing has been off their wall for several years.
Last year they put in new padding, and it matched the dark blue of the new seats. They planned on redoing all the seats in a dark royal this offseason.

Sometime in August or September they got the idea to change the color scheme of the park back to its original one. This includes having the four different colors in the seating bowl, and the light blue outfield walls.

As for their "tribute", I always thought it was tacky as hell. I usually hate "screenprinting" on the outfield walls, I think the Sox did it the right way - bold and simple. However, I always thought the gradient garbage like the Braves have and the Dodgers used to looked bush league. It might make a cool t-shirt, but it doesn't look good on the wall of a major league outfield.

skobabe8
04-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Count me in thinking the ads actually look better than those tacky screenprints of past players and/or famous moments in Dodgers history.

doublem23
04-16-2006, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I agree that the screen prints were a bit silly, but I think the real reason is that that Dodgers wanted to make the stadium look like what it did when it first opened, Apparently the teal blue was the color.

TheKittle
04-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Just watching SportsCenter, and they showed highlights from the Dodgers-Giants game. It's the first time I've noticed that the Dodgers took down their pictures of past players on the outfield wall and replaced them with ads.

Are the Dodgers, a team that should be extremely rich, so desperate for cash that they took down a great tribute to their former stars? Does anybody have an answer for why they took those images off the wall?

There are columnist and talk show hosts who call the Dodger owner, Frankl McBankrupt. That should tell you everything.