PDA

View Full Version : Toronto's Tadahto Call

JoeClutch24
04-15-2006, 07:51 PM
The play-by-play guy for Toronto said that Tadahito's play was spectacular. And just like all Canadians, he somehow related to hockey by saying that it was similar to the days of Bobby Orr back at the Boston Garden.

SOXandILLINI
04-15-2006, 09:46 PM
there is a famous replay of bobby orr scoring a game winning goal in o.t for the bruins, it may have been a stanley cup game.. he was falling to the ice, the same way tadahito was diving to the ground. yeah those nutty canucks love their hockey.

RadioheadRocks
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Can you imagine Berman making that call? "Molina hits one to Iguchi, Oh NOOOOoooooooooooo, he's OUT!!!!!!" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

starboy0
04-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Gooch was incredible today. His last defensive play was something worth the admission price of today's game but let's not forget another outstanding play.

Anyone remember the play or two before where he ran toward center, lept and snagged a ball on the fly? That was equally incredible.

I am seriously thinking about my next jersey being an Iguchi.

Today's game D all around was something I really appreciated big time. It smacked me in the face how good the White Sox can be on defense.

TornLabrum
04-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I hung stars on three plays today, two by Gooch, and one by Crede. There was a lot of leather being thrown today. Iguchi may be the best second baseman the Sox have had since the last one who entered the HOF.

FarWestChicago
04-15-2006, 10:06 PM
I hung stars on three plays today, two by Gooch, and one by Crede. There was a lot of leather being thrown today. Iguchi may be the best second baseman the Sox have had since the last one who entered the HOF.He's certainly better than that "fan favorite" fire hydrant.

TornLabrum
04-15-2006, 10:19 PM
He's certainly better than that "fan favorite" fire hydrant.

Opening night a few years ago, that fire hydrant made one of the best defensive plays by a second baseman I'd seen up until today.

DrCrawdad
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I hung stars on three plays today, two by Gooch, and one by Crede. There was a lot of leather being thrown today. Iguchi may be the best second baseman the Sox have had since the last one who entered the HOF.

Is Steve Sax in the HOF?

:)

TornLabrum
04-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Is Steve Sax in the HOF?

:)

I think he might be in the patients HOF of the American Psychoanalysts Assn.

DrCrawdad
04-15-2006, 10:42 PM
He's certainly better than that "fan favorite" fire hydrant.

Not sure who're talking about, Durham? Graffanino? Harris? Alomar? Jimenez?

Crede_Fan
04-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Not sure who're talking about, Durham? Graffanino? Harris? Alomar? Jimenez?

I believe it would be Durham.

soxjim
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I sure enjoyed the defense today. Besides Iguchi's gem, Crede had a couple of nice plays. One play that was routine but played a part in the SOX win was Buehrle starting the double play. A lot of times I see pitchers throw that one in center field.

DrCrawdad
04-15-2006, 10:47 PM

Durham was a good offensive player, but his defense was routinely offensive.

I do remember that fly to rightfield that he caught. Durham was good for that type of play but then he'd boot the routine grounder or screw up in some other way.

Kuzman
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Ya and naturally this is the first time I left a game early in years. and naturally I left when Jenks came in for the save. As I got to the car I heard the call on the radio. :angry:

itsnotrequired
04-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Ya and naturally this is the first time I left a game early in years. and naturally I left when Jenks came in for the save. As I got to the car I heard the call on the radio. :angry:

Yet another example of why leaving a game early is never a good idea.:D:

pearso66
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM

Which is exactly why I have never left a game early, even when losing big, or sitting through huge rain delays, if you leave, you always miss something exciting.

Brian26
04-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Opening night a few years ago, that fire hydrant made one of the best defensive plays by a second baseman I'd seen up until today.

That over-the-head catch against the Angels on Opening Day 2000. Great catch, but Iguchi has become a much better second baseman than Durham ever was.

Brian26
04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Which is exactly why I have never left a game early, even when losing big, or sitting through huge rain delays, if you leave, you always miss something exciting.

I left early (top of the 9th) on Friday and missed a very exciting 2-run bomb by Troy Glaus.

TornLabrum
04-16-2006, 07:47 AM
That over-the-head catch against the Angels on Opening Day 2000. Great catch, but Iguchi has become a much better second baseman than Durham ever was.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Last night on BBTN (I know, I know), I wanted to see where they listed Iguchi's play on their Web Gems segment. The host(it was Karl R) said it was the best of the day, and possibly the best they might see all year, "and it's only April". Buster Olney was quick to say, "there's a lot of baseball to be played, and he's not working with Jeter and Rodriguez". ????? WHY does that matter??

soxrme
04-16-2006, 09:09 AM
there is a famous replay of bobby orr scoring a game winning goal in o.t for the bruins, it may have been a stanley cup game.. he was falling to the ice, the same way tadahito was diving to the ground. yeah those nutty canucks love their hockey.
That was during a cup game and the photo is one of hockey's all time best. The play by Iguchi was one of the most incredible I have ever seen.I didn't see sport center last night but I hope it was the #1 web gem.

DumpJerry
04-16-2006, 09:22 AM
That was during a cup game and the photo is one of hockey's all time best. The play by Iguchi was one of the most incredible I have ever seen.I didn't see sport center last night but I hope it was the #1 web gem.
It was number 2, really numero uno. Number one was Jackie Robinson. Yesterday was the 59th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's debut and it was Jackie Robinson Day all around MLB. They made Robinson's debut the number one play.

Bobbo35
04-16-2006, 09:22 AM

I liked Ray Ray a lot, he was a good player, but Gooch is a lot better 2nd baseman Ray was.

gobears1987
04-16-2006, 09:58 AM
It was number 2, really numero uno. Number one was Jackie Robinson. Yesterday was the 59th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's debut and it was Jackie Robinson Day all around MLB. They made Robinson's debut the number one play.I saw that, it was a respectable thing. I really can't argue with that call. I think this will be the best play of the year.

ArkanSox
04-16-2006, 10:31 AM
"The play Iguchi made in the ninth has got to be play of the year," Buehrle said.

Personally, I couldn't believe it as it happened. I was sick when he actually tossed the ball, and my eyes were searching for it to fly past Pauly. I had to watch the replay to truly appreciate it. It was an incredibly athletic play. What great body control.
GO SOX!!!

JoeClutch24
04-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Not to mention, look at the circumstances, he doesn't make the play runners are on 1st and 2nd possibly 3rd and Lyle Overbay gets a shot to bat.

kevingrt
04-16-2006, 10:40 AM
I was actually watching the BlueJays broadcast on MLB.Tv and really enjoyed their tv crew. Their color guy was very informative. 4 Stars to them and 5 to Gooch.

ArkanSox
04-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I was also watching the BlueJays broadcast, and the announcers were good. I think the color man is Pat Tabler, who was a very clutch DH for the Jays back in their championship year.

GO SOX!!!

soxfan13
04-16-2006, 11:21 AM
This morning on the score Hawk called it the best play he has EVER seen a second baseman make.

SOecks
04-16-2006, 11:22 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, check out mlb.com's front page and the video is up individually and for the fast cast. Great stuff there.

Realist
04-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Bobby Orr in the Clubhouse! :bandance:

gaelhound
04-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Mike Andrews?

TornLabrum
04-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Mike Andrews?

Audrey Farber? Susan Underhill?

EastCoastSoxFan
04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I was actually watching the BlueJays broadcast on MLB.Tv and really enjoyed their tv crew. Their color guy was very informative. 4 Stars to them and 5 to Gooch.
I only caught a few innings of the game on MLBTV, but that was enough time to catch at least two gems from the Toronto broadcast crew:

On AJ Burnett facing PK after giving up the home run: "...I think (after PK's homer) he learned not to throw a little spinning cement-truck curve ball to Paul Konerko..."

On Buehrle striking out Troy Glaus on a 3-2 changeup: "...that was just un-neighborly."

Good stuff, eh...

palehozenychicty
04-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Last night on BBTN (I know, I know), I wanted to see where they listed Iguchi's play on their Web Gems segment. The host(it was Karl R) said it was the best of the day, and possibly the best they might see all year, "and it's only April". Buster Olney was quick to say, "there's a lot of baseball to be played, and he's not working with Jeter and Rodriguez". ????? WHY does that matter??

It is the East Coast Sports Network, remember. Funny how they never bring up A-Fraud losing a routine chopper in the lights at Angel Stadium or killing the rally with a DP in the Div. Series, yet they always bring up the A.J. strikeout whenever the Sox are brought up...just wondering.