PDA

View Full Version : My visit to Oakland 4/15/06

Fenway
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Well I did see 3 home runs on consecutive pitches, that is a first for me.

I have to be honest that is one bleak, depressing ballpark. I did find what A's fans that were there into the game waving their flags and beating their drums. Some cellphone pics

Fenway
04-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Oakland reminded me of Shea Stadium with all the junkyards nearby

Fenway
04-15-2006, 08:22 PM
beer is more reasonable there however :gulp:

Fenway
04-15-2006, 08:25 PM
bottom line they need a new ballpark badly. The Raiders destroyed what little charm it had.

SectionBNole
04-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Cool pictures fenway

HomeFish
04-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Your photos do not do justice to just how bad the giant red McAfee signs look on the green exterior of the ballpark. It's nauseating.

That said, given how my team performs there, as a White Sox fan I really have no right to criticize that particular ballpark.

Fenway
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Your photos do not do justice to just how bad the giant red McAfee signs look on the green exterior of the ballpark. It's nauseating.

That said, given how my team performs there, as a White Sox fan I really have no right to criticize that particular ballpark.

To give you an idea how desperate the A's are for fans they are pushing a 19 game season ticket pak

3 with the Giants, 3 with the Dodgers, 6 with Boston, 1 with the White Sox, 2 with Anaheim plus 4 fireworks nights ( buyer gets all playoffs and World Series games in Oakland )

Toto, we're not in Boston anymore :?:

Jerko
04-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm a Raider fan, and let me tell you, the LA Coliseum is a better place to watch a game IMO than McAfee is. That may be the worst stadium in sports.

Deebs14
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Those are some pretty sweet pics right there Fenway.:thumbsup:

Fenway
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm a Raider fan, and let me tell you, the LA Coliseum is a better place to watch a game IMO than McAfee is. That may be the worst stadium in sports.

put it this way, I put McAfee behind Stade Olympique in Montreal. The only ballpark today that "maybe" worse is RFK in Washington, but at least they know a new park is coming.

The A's fans I talked to have mixed feelings about a new park in Fremont as it will be much harder to get to and won't have easy BART access from SF and the East Bay.