PDA

View Full Version : Thomers are great but...

Evman5
04-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Alas Thome's true importance to the team...

After Glaus hit a one-out single, Iguchi raced in to field Molina's slow hopper over the mound and as he was falling down, got off the throw to first for the out. Shea Hillenbrand then grounded out to end the game.Notes: Jim Thome has reached base and scored in all 11 of the White Sox's games this season. ... Gregg Zaun's three doubles Friday night were a career best and came on his 35th birthday. ... Buehrle made his 200th career appearance and 175th start. ... It was Konerko's 14th career two-homer game. ... Wells had three more hits for the Blue Jays, who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060415soxgamer,1,102617.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

...The man is an OBP beast! He gets on and gets knocked in!

TomBradley72
04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
He drew a HUGE 2 out walk during today's game....started off with an 0-2 count...coaxed the walk...Paulie goes deep to tie it up.

NonetheLoaiza
04-15-2006, 07:16 PM
I was watching ESPN news, and they were saying that Thome was 0 for his last 6. That puzzled me, because they said it in a negative way, but Thome has reached base in all of the games, as well as scored. Those stats don't show the importance he has had to the team thus far...ie...going 0 and 2 today to Burnett, drawing the walk, and setting up Paulie to tie the game. That's what Thome really brings to the table, and it can't be seen with just stats alone.

soxinem1
04-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I hope I don't curse the guy, but has anyone noticed Thome has only struck out a few times so far???

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Thome is comprehensive - it's nice to see him put it in the seats but it's more fun, for me, to see him force the pitchers to either attack him(where he gets a good chance of driving the ball) or walking him...to paraphrase Hawk, "setting the table" for Paulie and JD

IMO, I am as excited to see this lineup as I was when Thomas was playing last year...it's fun to see what the lineup is every day.