PDA

View Full Version : Non-Roster Invitees: Pitchers

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Anybody think these guys will make the 25-man roster? Post comments below.

Pitchers
Gary Majewski
Corwin Malone
Arnaldo Munoz
Mike Porzio
Dennis Ulacia
Brian West

pearso66
01-22-2002, 08:41 PM
i dont think any of these guys will make the 25-man roster, unless there are a few injuries, or some players dont come back like expected in spring training

bc2k
01-22-2002, 09:11 PM
mike porzio will be on the 25 man roster if jm knows whats good for him. Bullpen, maybe even rotation. I would rather see porzio starting instead of parque. Put parque's body in the bullpen. That is how much i hate parque and like porzio. GO SOX!

PaleHoseGeorge
01-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
mike porzio will be on the 25 man roster if jm knows whats good for him. Bullpen, maybe even rotation. I would rather see porzio starting instead of parque. Put parque's body in the bullpen. That is how much i hate parque and like porzio. GO SOX!

Wow! Tell us what Parque did that pissed you off?

:butter
"Other than I behave like a smarmy li'l..."

:)

kermittheefrog
01-22-2002, 10:01 PM
THe Sox aren't actually considering Porzio as a starter, they are considering him as a reliever to take a Kelly Wunsch type role.

czalgosz
01-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
THe Sox aren't actually considering Porzio as a starter, they are considering him as a reliever to take a Kelly Wunsch type role.

Which is exactly how NOT to use Porzio. Porzio would be acceptable in a long-relief role, nothing else. If the Sox were planning to use him in set-up situations with the game on the line the way they used Pulsipher last year, they're in for a shock.

bc2k
01-22-2002, 10:29 PM
where did you predict mark buerhle would end up at this time last year?

Fisk72
01-22-2002, 10:40 PM
I'm probably out of the loop, but is Jon Rauch going to be at spring training? I'm assuming he's already on the roster since he wasn't on the invitee list. Just wondering.

Daver
01-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I'm probably out of the loop, but is Jon Rauch going to be at spring training? I'm assuming he's already on the roster since he wasn't on the invitee list. Just wondering.

And you assumed correctly,though his injury is not healing as well as the Sox hoped.