PDA

View Full Version : Darn WCIU Games!

NDSox12
04-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Tonight is a rare game (first this season) in which I will not be able to watch because it is not on MLB Extra Innings. WCIU games have never been part of that package unless it is the opponents broadcast, and unfortunately I don't believe any of the Blue Jays telecasts are included.

Does anyone know why games that are available on MLB.TV are sometimes not part of the Extra Innings package?

Oh well, looks like I'll be listening to the Internet radio broadcast instead. I'll be able to see if the Singleton/Farmer team is as bad as you people say.

sox647
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM
was looking forward to watching the game.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

mlb extra innings suck

JohnBasedowYoda
04-14-2006, 07:19 PM
I actually happy for the U tonight! I'm at work and we have a old fashioned tv with rabbit ears. Fox comes in good, WGN is so-so, but WCIU is almost HD!

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Guys - the game comes on at 7:35...I just hung up with Comcast.

Thome's Homey
04-14-2006, 07:23 PM
WCIU and Fox Chicago are the only stations the Sox are on that I don't get where I live.

WCIU can go to hell. WCIU can go to hell and die! :angry:

Stuck with my gameday audio broadcast. :whiner:

lumpyspun
04-14-2006, 07:25 PM
For those of you with Extra Innings, get ready to be pissed for at least a week. I think the only game we got on there in the next week (until Friday) is this Monday's with KC... THAT IS IT according to their schedule:
http://www.indemand.com/sports/mlb/schedule/schedule.jsp

ondafarm
04-14-2006, 07:25 PM
There have been a few other White Sox games this year that weren't on Extra Innings. My HDTV channel is also showing about four games a week in HD, which really jumps at you.

NDSox12
04-14-2006, 07:38 PM
There have been a few other White Sox games this year that weren't on Extra Innings. My HDTV channel is also showing about four games a week in HD, which really jumps at you.

I'm sorry, you are correct. I was not counting the two games that were on WGN plus the one on ESPN. Tonight is the first game I have not been able to watch or record.

FarWestChicago
04-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm getting the game in serious HD on Rogers Sportsnet. :cool:

Erik The Red
04-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone else with Comcast having issues with the sound? There's a loud buzzing noise on the audio here.

bgpoppapaul
04-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes I am. Chase an aggravation that the game's not on in high def and then add on weird sound AND a strange picture as well that's not totally right. Typical WCIU game. This is horrid.....I never though i'd want a game on CLTV but it's optimal to this bull.

Chisox003
04-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I can't get the game in Iowa either, and I'm trying MLBtv but it's saying I'm local, which drives me nuts. I can't watch the game, but according to them, I can.

Now I've been on hold for 25 minutes trying to find out if there's anyway I can watch, and missed Javy's quick 1st. MLBtv's shenanigans are getting old :angry:

Scotty_T
04-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Anyone else with Comcast having issues with the sound? There's a loud buzzing noise on the audio here.

Sounds terrible on Comcast. Inaudible audio.

Love the U - sure beats HD!

Law11
04-14-2006, 07:50 PM
What a joke of a channel.
It will always be the weak little brother who cant get it right.:angry:

twinsuck1
04-14-2006, 07:53 PM
WCIU Sucks! I just put on the score for the radio feed while I watch and everything Is timed up nicely no delay on the call at all......... GO SOX!

RadioheadRocks
04-14-2006, 08:00 PM
WCIU Sucks! I just put on the score for the radio feed while I watch and everything Is timed up nicely no delay on the call at all......... GO SOX!

I guess Channel 26 hadn't changed all that much since the good old days when they aired the locally produced Soul Train back in the 70s.

SoxFan78
04-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This is brutal watching the game on WCIU. Buzzing the whole time. It hopefully will get better pretty quick. A world championship ball club deserves better then this.

LAZCONUS
04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I live out in Rockford and I can't get channel 26 with the rabbit ears. I hate WCIU!!!!! Konerko just went yard!!!!!!!! Thanks U!!!

rocky biddle
04-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Seems like they got the bugs worked out. The sound is fine now.

Crede_Fan
04-14-2006, 08:05 PM
:D: Sound just got better! Right in time for PK HR!

TomParrish79
04-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I hate these type games..makes me mad that The Extra innings package doesnt show every game

Chisox003
04-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I hate these type games..makes me mad that The Extra innings package doesnt show every game
I remember last September, Freddy vs. Johan, 1-0 Twins victory

I got stuck watching on ****ing Yahoo because MLBtv won't let me watch games that are on WCIU

Now I'm missing tonight's :whiner::whiner::whiner:

spongyfungy
04-14-2006, 08:19 PM
WCIU-HD looks great in Chicago.

The ironic thing is that the channel isn't carried on comcast even though they showed a graphic "HDTV on SoxNet brought to you by Comcast"

whtsx1959
04-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I was flipping between cable WCIU and my antenna WCIU to compare quality and I saw how aweful the picture was on the cable. This is my first sox game in HD! Hooray for me!

TomParrish79
04-14-2006, 08:38 PM
I remember last September, Freddy vs. Johan, 1-0 Twins victory

I got stuck watching on ****ing Yahoo because MLBtv won't let me watch games that are on WCIU

Now I'm missing tonight's :whiner::whiner::whiner:

For some reason i thought I watched that game on WGN...I dunno.

Can anyone tell me where I can hear a live feed of the game online?

ShoelessJoeS
04-14-2006, 08:50 PM
No WCIU here at the ISU campus in Normal :angry:

Thank God for mlb.com Gameday, and the gameday thread of course :D:

Jerko
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
My picture on WCIU looks clearer than normal, but has a "hitch" in it or something. Just a quick pause every now and then but it's driving me nuts. :mad:

Frontman
04-14-2006, 08:57 PM
I missed PK's HR. My Mom called. I told her to call back every 20 minutes or so for the rest of the night.....

:gulp:

BeeBeeRichard
04-14-2006, 09:00 PM
WCIU's first shot at HD is coming off pretty good. No more fuzzyvision with the analog channel.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

SoxFan78
04-14-2006, 10:04 PM
WCIU's first shot at HD is coming off pretty good. No more fuzzyvision with the analog channel.:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Does comcast have WCIU HD?? If so what channel?

BeeBeeRichard
04-14-2006, 10:08 PM
No, it only available over the air with an HD antenna. This is WCIU's first HD telecast, so now Comcast will have to decide if it's worth it to soak up bandwidth for a channel whose only HD broadcasts for the foreseeable future will be home Sox, Bulls and C**s games.

Does comcast have WCIU HD?? If so what channel?

Jurr
04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
was looking forward to watching the game.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

mlb extra innings suck
Now, you're probably glad that you didn't see this travesty.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:v-nAHG4eSQNb6M:www.starstore.com/acatalog/Officer_Barbrady_figure.jpg"Move along...nothing to see here!!"

ChiSoxRowand
04-15-2006, 12:36 AM
WCIU and Fox Chicago are the only stations the Sox are on that I don't get where I live.

WCIU can go to hell. WCIU can go to hell and die! :angry:

Stuck with my gameday audio broadcast. :whiner:

How do you not get Fox Chicago? I live out in Rockford and hate WCIU games. I work Saturday and Sunday afternoon and will have to tivo those games.

Thome's Homey
04-15-2006, 01:10 AM
How do you not get Fox Chicago? I live out in Rockford and hate WCIU games. I work Saturday and Sunday afternoon and will have to tivo those games.

I don't get Fox Chicago because I get Fox St. Louis for some odd-assed reason. Yes, I live closer to Chicago than St. Louis.

pudge
04-15-2006, 02:54 AM
The in-demand schedule this week is pitiful... ONE friggin game against KC and that's it until the Minnesota series. I think it's because in-demand MLB Extra Innings shares channels with the NHL package... if I can find somewhere to complain, I will.

tick53
04-15-2006, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I took CIU 3 innings to get it together with sound and picture, so I put
the radio on for sound but there was a storm brewing here, so the radio was
crackling and I went back to the TV for sound. I just wasn't my reception either, the commercials came in loud and clear.

lumpyspun
04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
The in-demand schedule this week is pitiful... ONE friggin game against KC and that's it until the Minnesota series. I think it's because in-demand MLB Extra Innings shares channels with the NHL package... if I can find somewhere to complain, I will.

Yea, it's absolutely a joke. When I have some time today I will write an email and try to find an address to send it to. I will let you know if I can find something. Our argument is that if mlb.tv can put the games on then there is no reason why Extra Innings shouldn't be able to carry the games. The people at extra innings need to have some kind of criteria for what games will be on, it can't just be random assortment...and if it is, this is the last year I will ever order it.

HotelWhiteSox
04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Holy crap, WCIU went HD? Time to bust out the old antenna

Just noticed it when Comcast showed the replays of last night's game in HD. Wish Comcast would just add it

flo-B-flo
04-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I've lamented this many times. No ci useless out here. S'ok, glad I missed last nights bomb. :wink:

pudge
04-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Yea, it's absolutely a joke. When I have some time today I will write an email and try to find an address to send it to. I will let you know if I can find something. Our argument is that if mlb.tv can put the games on then there is no reason why Extra Innings shouldn't be able to carry the games. The people at extra innings need to have some kind of criteria for what games will be on, it can't just be random assortment...and if it is, this is the last year I will ever order it.

Hey Lumpy, it's actually not Extra Innings' fault, because the DirecTV version of Extra Innings has way more games, it's the provider to Comcast out here in Seattle, which is In-Demand. For some reason their offering is pathetic. Let me know if you find a place to email.

lumpyspun
04-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey Lumpy, it's actually not Extra Innings' fault, because the DirecTV version of Extra Innings has way more games, it's the provider to Comcast out here in Seattle, which is In-Demand. For some reason their offering is pathetic. Let me know if you find a place to email.

Pudge, thanks for the info about DirecTV getting more games than Comcast. That helped out my argument in my email.

So, I went to the comcast website, but they don't offer up any email addresses, so you have to leave a comment on their webpage:
https://www.comcast.com/contactus/contact.ashx (https://www.comcast.com/contactus/contact.ashx)
https://www.comcast.com/contactus/contact.ashx (https://www.comcast.com/contactus/contact.ashx)

Here is the email I sent to comcast:

To Whom It May Concern,
I am emailing you to let you know that I am very unhappy with your MLB Extra Innings provider, iNDEMAND. I pay alot of money to follow my out of town team and I don't feel I am getting my money's worth thus far. In the first week fo the season my team has only been on twice and they are only scheduled to be on twice in the next week. What bothers me the most is that there are other avenues to get these games that I could very easily use, in which case I would cancel my Comcast subscription. Direct TV and mlb.tv both offer many more games than Comcast has been able to give so far this year. Furthermore, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what games are shown (I'm not counting black out restrictions; I completely understand the concept of blackouts). In this day and age, with all the modern technology available, I should be able to order Extra Innings from Comcast and receive pretty much every game out there. Especially when I can do that with other outlets (mlb.tv and Direct TV). I hope your company can work with iNDEMAND to correct this problem or I will be forced to get rid of my Comcast subscription altogether. Baseball is that serious of an issue for my family.
Thank You for your support,
Dan.

I am going to email indemand at the following website and leave them a similar message:

http://www.indemand.com/about/contactUs.jsp

mjmcend
04-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Pudge, thanks for the info about DirecTV getting more games than Comcast. That helped out my argument in my email.

So, I went to the comcast website, but they don't offer up any email addresses, so you have to leave a comment on their webpage:

Here is the email I sent to comcast:

To Whom It May Concern,
I am emailing you to let you know that I am very unhappy with your MLB Extra Innings provider, iNDEMAND. I pay alot of money to follow my out of town team and I don't feel I am getting my money's worth thus far. In the first week fo the season my team has only been on twice and they are only scheduled to be on twice in the next week. What bothers me the most is that there are other avenues to get these games that I could very easily use, in which case I would cancel my Comcast subscription. Direct TV and mlb.tv both offer many more games than Comcast has been able to give so far this year. Furthermore, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what games are shown (I'm not counting black out restrictions; I completely understand the concept of blackouts). In this day and age, with all the modern technology available, I should be able to order Extra Innings from Comcast and receive pretty much every game out there. Especially when I can do that with other outlets (mlb.tv and Direct TV). I hope your company can work with iNDEMAND to correct this problem or I will be forced to get rid of my Comcast subscription altogether. Baseball is that serious of an issue for my family.
Thank You for your support,
Dan.

I am going to email indemand at the following website and leave them a similar message:

http://www.indemand.com/about/contactUs.jsp

I will be doing the same thing. I hope you don't mind me using your email as a basis for mine as well. It is ridiculous that we can't get every game (outside of the blackout restrictions).

lumpyspun
04-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I will be doing the same thing. I hope you don't mind me using your email as a basis for mine as well. It is ridiculous that we can't get every game (outside of the blackout restrictions).

Not a problem....hopefully they will get the point.

mmmmmbeeer
04-15-2006, 05:59 PM
What channel was today's broadcast supposed to be on in Chicago? I wasn't surprised that I couldn't get last night's game from CIU, but was shocked to see the game wasn't on today. I'm going to miss the entire KC series as well being Tulsa is blacked out of all Royals games...one heck of a way to entice new fans to make the trek to KC to root for that pitiful team.

spongyfungy
04-16-2006, 06:52 PM
What channel was today's broadcast supposed to be on in Chicago? I wasn't surprised that I couldn't get last night's game from CIU, but was shocked to see the game wasn't on today. I'm going to miss the entire KC series as well being Tulsa is blacked out of all Royals games...one heck of a way to entice new fans to make the trek to KC to root for that pitiful team.
It was on WGN but there was a rain delay and it was rain shortened.

About the indemand, well NHL season was lengthened a couple weeks due to the winter olympics. Maybe that's why indemand can't show them all.

I have to say NBA league pass has done it right. During the second half of the season, they made available NBA league pass broadband, where you can watch the games online and it was for free.