Javier Vazquez pitching

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2006/04/home_again.html

gobears1987
04-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Cintron going for another 2 triple game?:redneck

HomeFish
Cintron, Widger, AND Ozuna? Yikes.

That's like a Jerry Manuel sunday lineup. It's as offensively weak as a lineup containing Thome can possibly be.

MrRoboto83
As per Scott Reifert's blog:

Ozuna, LF
Iguchi, 2B
Thome, DH
PK, 1B
Dye, RF
Crede, 3B
Cintron, SS
Widger, C
Anderson, CF
Javier Vazquez pitching

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2006/04/home_again.html

Cintron was looking great at the plate yesterday, lets hope Pablo can get something going at the top of the lineup for once.

Foulke You
As per Scott Reifert's blog:

Ozuna, LF
Uh oh.:o: Well, at least it isn't too windy today. Why not start Cintron in LF if you want to protect Pods from left handed pitchers while he is in a slump? I just don't like playing a reserve infielder in LF.

MrRoboto83
04-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Uh oh.:o: Well, at least it isn't too windy today. Why not start Cintron in LF if you want to protect Pods from left handed pitchers while he is in a slump? I just don't like playing a reserve infielder in LF.

Well at least Ross Gload isn't out there in LF.

JermaineDye05
04-14-2006, 04:58 PM
2 nights off for uribe? is he alright or does ozzie just wana keep Cintron in there cause of the lefty

downstairs
04-14-2006, 04:59 PM

That's like a Jerry Manuel sunday lineup. It's as offensively weak as a lineup containing Thome can possibly be.

You realize it also contains Konerko, Iguchi, and Dye?

:cool:

DumpJerry
04-14-2006, 05:00 PM
1/3 of the regulars are not in. I won't make any comment.

mjharrison72
Can Cintron play left? As far as I can tell, he's never played a game in the OF in his career. I'll take our chances with Ozuna.

Crede_Fan

I really like that Cintron is out there again today. Did you not see him yesterday.

HomeFish
04-14-2006, 05:01 PM
You realize it also contains Konerko, Iguchi, and Dye?

:cool:

There's nobody left who could sub for Iguchi. I guess you could switch Konerko with Gload and Dye with Daddy Mack, though.

JB98
04-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Pierzynski definitely should have today off. We have a day game after a night game tomorrow. He needs to be in the lineup against Burnett. I think Ozzie is making the right move putting Widger in there against Downs.

Cintron at SS two days in a row? Is Uribe hurt?

itsnotrequired
04-14-2006, 05:03 PM
There's nobody left who could sub for Iguchi. I guess you could switch Konerko with Gload and Dye with Daddy Mack, though.

Move Cintron over to second, plug in Uribe. Done deal.

mjharrison72
04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Move Cintron over to second, plug in Uribe. Done deal.
Juan could play 2B in a pinch, too.

Foulke You
04-14-2006, 05:04 PM

Now here is a classic Manuel Sunday lineup:

2B D'angelo Jimenez
SS Jose Valentin
DH Brian Daubach
RF Magglio Ordonez
1B Paul Konerko
LF Armando Rios
CF Willie Harris
3B Joe Crede
C Jamie Burke
:jerry
"Looks like a Winner to Me! Come Ready to Play!"

:tongue:

IlliniSoxFan
04-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Good God, why is it that the same people cry their butts off about Pods and Uribe not producing offensively, and then cry their butts off when Ozzie tries something different? Ozuna, who actually has a batting average higher than his jock size, along with a stolen base, not a problem. Cintron, with a BA higher than even Thome's, not a problem. Widger, what, you expect AJ to go EVERY day?

Defensively, yes, not a great upgrade, but I think this is better offensively right now than the normal line-up.

Foulke You
04-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Can Cintron play left? As far as I can tell, he's never played a game in the OF in his career. I'll take our chances with Ozuna.
Y'know, I could've sworn I read that Cintron had spot duty in CF for the D'backs last year. According to baseballreference.com though, he hasn't played out there. I must have been mistaken.:?:

This still doesn't change my feeling on Ozuna being out there. Even Gload has more outfield experience than Ozuna.

Corlose 15
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Cintron is a very solid backup in my opinion. Not to mention the fact he's 5/15 to start the year. With the day game tomorrow its not bad to have Widger playing tonight especially since Downs is a LHP, thats probably the same reason Ozuna is playing.

SOecks
04-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I have no problem with this lineup because I fully expect Javier to throw a gem tonight. I would rather see Rob Mack in left field though for defensive purposes. Still love Ozuna's speed and offense though and hope he proves some of us wrong with some nice plays tonight.

itsnotrequired
04-14-2006, 05:10 PM
This still doesn't change my feeling on Ozuna being out there. Even Gload has more outfield experience than Ozuna.

No doubt. Ozzie must not want Gload's left bat (we all know how he loves his L-R matchups).

MarySwiss
04-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Cintron is a very solid backup in my opinion. Not to mention the fact he's 5/15 to start the year. With the day game tomorrow its not bad to have Widger playing tonight especially since Downs is a LHP, thats probably the same reason Ozuna is playing.

You are correct; Cintron IS a solid backup. I loved the guy as a D'Back and felt he didn't get enough playing time here. I was thrilled when the Sox acquired him.

Jjav829
04-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Unless Pods is hurt, he should be in there. I don't care that we are facing a lefty. Pods hit .330 against lefties last year in 100 ABs. Pods' only two hits this year have come off of lefties. Keep running him out there until he breaks out of his slump.

I wonder why the consecutive off days for Uribe. I know Cintron had a nice day yesterday, but I'd rather have Uribe in there for his defense.

Other than that, great lineup. :D:

jenn2080
04-14-2006, 05:16 PM

Its gonna be a long day in left field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madvora
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
I'd like to see Cintron leading off. I wonder if Ozzie ever thought of that.

cbotnyse
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Im going to the game tonight and Im a little dissapointed AJ and Pods arent in.....I agree that AJ could use a night off....I think Pods should be in there

TomBradley72
04-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't mind the line up for tonight...especially with a day game tomorrow. But one flaw in our roster is getting exposed...we need a spare OF who bats right handed. Between Gload (and Owens and Sweeney at AAA) there's not legitimate back up for Pods against tough lefties.

MarySwiss
04-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I'd like to see Cintron leading off. I wonder if Ozzie ever thought of that.

IMO, this is not a terrible idea!

SOecks
04-14-2006, 05:29 PM
IMO, this is not a terrible idea!

It isn't a bad idea but in the case of tonight's lineup, there's not another logical place to hit Ozuna then.

Sox35th
04-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Pierzynski definitely should have today off. We have a day game after a night game tomorrow. He needs to be in the lineup against Burnett. I think Ozzie is making the right move putting Widger in there against Downs.

Cintron at SS two days in a row? Is Uribe hurt?

I think that Cintron has been hot with the bat and thats why he is in there.
If the bats hot........you have to find a way to keep the guy in the lineup.

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2006, 05:44 PM
It isn't a bad idea but in the case of tonight's lineup, there's not another logical place to hit Ozuna then.Ozuna's hitting .333 with a .429 OBP and has better speed than Cintron. Why do we want to move him?

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 05:49 PM
i'm sorry, and i hope we win back to back to back world championships, but ozzie is not a good manager. i know i'm gonna catch hell for this, but i don't care. we won despite ozzie last year, and if we win it again it will be the same thing. now i will say that ozzie seems to have the hearts of the players, and that is important, but his moves are ridiculous to say the least. he gave away at least 6-7 games last year with these funky lineups. he has already done it this year already.

i understand the need to get players ab's, but you don't do it 3 players at a time, and you don't do it the second game of the season, against the team you will be fighting tooth and nail for the division. was everybody tired after one game ozzie? ozzie feels bullet proof in this town, and right now he is, but this will more than likely catch up with him. i hope it doesn't, because i live and die with our white sox. i played this game at a very high level, and consider myself a pretty good student of the game, so this opinion comes from a position that at least has some basis. i wish ozzie would do these things on a piece meal basis, instead of throwing 3 subs in the mix on a given game. i hope we win tonight and pablo, chris, and alex have great nights. i just don't feel ozzie gives us the best chance to win ballgames when he pulls this stuff. go ahead... pile on.. i'm waiting...:supernana:

lumpyspun
04-14-2006, 05:50 PM
I enjoy watching Ozuna play. He really doesn't try to do too much with the bat. He has alot of opposite field hits and he's got good speed. I am interested to see what he can do tonight with 4 or so AB's...

oeo
04-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I enjoy watching Ozuna play. He really doesn't try to do too much with the bat. He has alot of opposite field hits and he's got good speed. I am interested to see what he can do tonight with 4 or so AB's...

I like Ozuna offensively...but not in left field. I don't care what anyone says he was the reason they lost that first game against the Royals. Now we've got winds again, I hope they keep the ball away from him or he proves me wrong.

champagne030
04-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Well at least Ross Gload isn't out there in LF.

Not any worse than Pablo chasing his own shadow out there.......

BeviBall!
04-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Is this a one-game series? Are we flying out to California afterwards?

You know, I've actually missed Ozzie getaway lineups. Now, here it is, in living color!

champagne030
04-14-2006, 06:02 PM
2 nights off for uribe? is he alright or does ozzie just wana keep Cintron in there cause of the lefty

My guess it's to let him play 3 straight because (IMO) Iguchi (maybe Crede) gets a rest tomorrow against Burnett. It's a day game following a night game so AJ sits tonight against the lefty and plays tomorrow. Also, I bet Mack starts in CF for Anderson tomorrow....Not saying I agree, but it worked last year.

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2006, 06:11 PM
My guess it's to let him play 3 straight because (IMO) Iguchi (maybe Crede) gets a rest tomorrow against Burnett. It's a day game following a night game so AJ sits tonight against the lefty and plays tomorrow. Also, I bet Mack starts in CF for Anderson tomorrow....Not saying I agree, but it worked last year.What do you mean it worked last year? They lost 63 games and one in the playoffs.

:fireozzie:

lumpyspun
04-14-2006, 06:14 PM
I just read the PTC thread...this dude must be on to something!

PTC: Ozuna (darkhorse)
b/u crede

Hawkeroo1980
04-14-2006, 06:18 PM

ozuna is better than pods right now offensively

cintron is better than uribe offensively

widge is a setback but thats ok

now DEFENSIVELY were in for a treat with ozuna

eurotrash35
04-14-2006, 06:26 PM
i'm sorry, and i hope we win back to back to back world championships, but ozzie is not a good manager. i know i'm gonna catch hell for this, but i don't care. we won despite ozzie last year, and if we win it again it will be the same thing. now i will say that ozzie seems to have the hearts of the players, and that is important, but his moves are ridiculous to say the least. he gave away at least 6-7 games last year with these funky lineups. he has already done it this year already.

i understand the need to get players ab's, but you don't do it 3 players at a time, and you don't do it the second game of the season, against the team you will be fighting tooth and nail for the division. was everybody tired after one game ozzie? ozzie feels bullet proof in this town, and right now he is, but this will more than likely catch up with him. i hope it doesn't, because i live and die with our white sox. i played this game at a very high level, and consider myself a pretty good student of the game, so this opinion comes from a position that at least has some basis. i wish ozzie would do these things on a piece meal basis, instead of throwing 3 subs in the mix on a given game. i hope we win tonight and pablo, chris, and alex have great nights. i just don't feel ozzie gives us the best chance to win ballgames when he pulls this stuff. go ahead... pile on.. i'm waiting...:supernana:

Be sure to keep us updated with all the other inside info you get from the clubhouse. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM

i understand the need to get players ab's, but you don't do it 3 players at a time, and you don't do it the second game of the season, against the team you will be fighting tooth and nail for the division. was everybody tired after one game ozzie? ozzie feels bullet proof in this town, and right now he is, but this will more than likely catch up with him. i hope it doesn't, because i live and die with our white sox. i played this game at a very high level, and consider myself a pretty good student of the game, so this opinion comes from a position that at least has some basis. i wish ozzie would do these things on a piece meal basis, instead of throwing 3 subs in the mix on a given game. i hope we win tonight and pablo, chris, and alex have great nights. i just don't feel ozzie gives us the best chance to win ballgames when he pulls this stuff. go ahead... pile on.. i'm waiting...:supernana:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ozzie play this game at a pretty high level himself?

SOecks
04-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Ozuna's hitting .333 with a .429 OBP and has better speed than Cintron. Why do we want to move him?

That's what I said though. I'm not opposed to Cintron leading off some time, but in a lineup that includes both Cintron and Ozuna I don't think it's logical to not have Ozuna leading off.

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 06:47 PM
yes he did... and i loved ozzie as a player. but just because you win a world series, does not make you a great manager, are people knocking down bob brenleys door? and i was waiting for your comment, i knew it was coming. my only point was that, most, not all, of people who comment on these things, don't know the ins and outs of highly competetive athletics, and that includes alot of sports writers.

SoxFanPrope
04-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow, after reading this thread I'm sure the post game thread is going to be a real treat to read if we should lose tonight.

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 06:55 PM
as soon as i hit the send button, i knew this was not a great idea, but whatever. no one is happier we are world champions than me, so it's all good. i won't bother responding to any more of these. you have your opinions and i have mine. and euro trash, have fun in iowa with steve alford and pierre pierce...:rolleyes:

Thome's Homey
04-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Ozuna trying to catch fly balls in left? COMEDY GOLD!

Yay!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Chisox003
04-14-2006, 07:05 PM
my only point was that, most, not all, of people who comment on these things, don't know the ins and outs of highly competetive athletics, and that includes alot of sports writers.
And let me guess...you do? :?:

Color me confused

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 07:09 PM
soxfanprope... i hope we win tonight and every night, no matter who is in the lineup, or what i think of a move ozzie may make. this is a wonderful group of guys, and on paper, better than last year. i was born a south side white sox fanatic and i will die one. by the way, i have absolutely nothing against any of our bench guys, i think, for the most part, we have a pretty solid bench. it was not a slap at our guys, it was a matter of questioning the usage of the personel.

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
chisox003... yes i do...do you?

batmanZoSo
04-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't care what the lineup as long as you know who is in there. And Vazquez was stellar in his first start. This guy's a stud, I think we'll be calling for him to be the ace of the staff rather than number 5.

SOecks
04-14-2006, 07:24 PM
as soon as i hit the send button, i knew this was not a great idea, but whatever. no one is happier we are world champions than me, so it's all good. i won't bother responding to any more of these. you have your opinions and i have mine. and euro trash, have fun in iowa with steve alford and pierre pierce...:rolleyes:

I'm assuming you know that Pierce has been off the team for awhile now and in some pretty big trouble. I went to Iowa and most everyone I know wants Alford as far away from there as possible. Not sure what the purpose of that was.

SOXandILLINI
04-14-2006, 07:29 PM
i was recruited by dwayne banks to the university of iowa back in 82, i chose to go to illinois... i'm sure you know there is no love lost between our 2 institutions, it was a sarcastic response, to a sarcastic remark. i did not start the personal attacks, but i should be above responding to them ... my apologies, to you specifically.