PDA

View Full Version : Pet Check

zaidecrannog
04-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Have any of you guys ever used the pet check at Sox Park? I have a small dog, and was thinking of just taking him down there tonight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ondafarm
04-14-2006, 03:38 PM
My (ex) girlfriend and I took her Japanese chin (a high maintenance dog) to pet check at one game. She was in her carrier when we dropped her off and they left her there the whole time. I know other people (one of my sisters particularly) who thought they did a great job.

Guess it follows the law: Some do, some don't.

tick53
04-15-2006, 09:57 AM
,I'm sorry but I don't get the Dog Days. The last thing in the world I want to do is be responsible for an animal when I'm trying to watch a ballgame. I understand that it is was a good promo to get people into the park but personally I think dogs belong at home, the beach or at a dog show.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

itsnotrequired
04-15-2006, 10:15 AM
,I'm sorry but I don't get the Dog Days. The last thing in the world I want to do is be responsible for an animal when I'm trying to watch a ballgame. I understand that it is was a good promo to get people into the park but personally I think dogs belong at home, the beach or at a dog show.

I think it is a great promotion. I don't own a dog (more of a cat man myself) but if I did, I would probably do this. It isn't like Dog Day is three times a week. The walk around the warning track and infield dirt is also pretty cool.

ondafarm
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM

Okay, I was talking about the Pet Check. For $3 you can bring your pet and check it at the service area, where it will be watched until you pick him or her up. It's supposed to benefit some local pet charity.

Pulaski
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Okay, I was talking about the Pet Check. For $3 you can bring your pet and check it at the service area, where it will be watched until you pick him or her up. It's supposed to benefit some local pet charity.

My wife and I dropped off our puppy a few years ago. The Sox security went out of their way to insure his safety. They brought in 2x4's and cut them so the lined kennel. He was so small that he could have crawled under the kennel. I recommend using the service if you have a pupil that you don't want to be in their crate for a long period of time.

tick53
04-18-2006, 06:39 PM
I think it is a great promotion. I don't own a dog (more of a cat man myself) but if I did, I would probably do this. It isn't like Dog Day is three times a week. The walk around the warning track and infield dirt is also pretty cool.

I didn't mean to be a prude. I love animals. I'll admit also, I've never been to
Dog Day.

Ol' No. 2
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.And keep those kids out of the park, too!:D:

champagne030
04-19-2006, 09:31 AM
And keep those kids out of the park, too!:D:

A kid check would be fantastic. Seriously, the Romper Room they have at the Jake lets the little one's go nuts without pissing everyone else off.

tick53
04-19-2006, 07:41 PM
A kid check would be fantastic. Seriously, the Romper Room they have at the Jake lets the little one's go nuts without pissing everyone else off.

You guys are brutal....but funny!:D: