PDA

View Full Version : Nate Cornejo?

CWSpalehoseCWS
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know when we got this guy? He wasn't on the Knights opening day roster. I can't seem to find anything.

KRS1
04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
He's had some serious shoulder problems the last few seasons. I can only guess he was released and we signed him. He had a real good arm before it started falling off at the shoulder, and was once a top prospect for that org., maybe after the time off he's gotten something back.

tick53
04-15-2006, 10:02 AM
:b&b "I am Cornholio.I need TP for my bunghole.Are you threatening me?"

NonetheLoaiza
04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Nothing to lose on this pickup. IIRC, he was pretty tough on the Sox when with the Tigers. Another option down on the farm should, God forbid, anything happens to our starters. Hopefully his injuries are behind him, and can have a good season with the Knights.

johnnyg83
04-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I remember the Sox crushing this guy regularly.

NonetheLoaiza
04-15-2006, 07:49 PM
2-3 against the Sox with a 3.03 era in his career, I believe. But, hopefully he can find himself again after all the injuries.

johnnyg83
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Mea culpa. I stand corrected. I know I saw at least 2 of those losses.

Banix12
04-16-2006, 12:19 AM
2-3 against the Sox with a 3.03 era in his career, I believe. But, hopefully he can find himself again after all the injuries.

The sox were just awful against the tigers those years for some strange reason.

Even when he was himself he didn't seem too special. If it weren't for the fact the Tigers were so horrible in 2003 I doubt he would have gotten a prolonged shot in the majors at that time. I remember that he could throw strikes but had very little deception to his pitches so he had a tendency to give up a ton of hits and was completely unable to strike people out at any decent rate.

doublem23
04-16-2006, 02:09 AM
I think that ERA is a little deceiving because I definitely remember one game Cornejo pitched against us and he was getting shelled. I think Detroit's defense let him down a bit, but the Sox were tagging him.

soxinem1
04-16-2006, 07:27 AM

Cornejo was a top prospect at one time, though he never struck out a lot of guys, he had decent stuff and changed speeds well. I remember a few years ago he carried a no-no against us until losing it in the 7th innig, but I think we raked him once, he was always tough on the Sox.

You never know, he could re-emerge. Definitely a better option than Nomo.